Notices
Wanted Tell us what you're looking for and someone here is very likely to be able to help you find it.

diagnostic scanner

Search this Thread

Old 12 July 2010, 02:12 PM
retroDJ
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default diagnostic scanner

Hiya chaps - can any of you guys recommend a decent obd2 scanner that you know works on a 99 impreza turbo??
Ive taken it to a couple of places that use pretty good equipment and the scanners just wouldnt communicate via the 16 pin, however i have taken it to someone who did have a tool that communicated and gave me all the info i required, but i wouldnt mind something for myself just for future reference.
If anyone can confirm a decent affordable tool that would be great - thanks in advance......

Cheers!
Old 12 July 2010, 02:17 PM
prodriverules
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

theres plenty out there mate
launch x431
autodiagnous
technomotor
solaris[snapon]
and the list go's on but from my own experience its tends to be the slightly better[more expensive] one's that work on subaru's
Old 12 July 2010, 02:43 PM
retroDJ
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for the speedy response mate - I know what you mean with the expensive equipment!!
Because of a couple that didnt link with my car i just wanted confirmation of what will work on a scooby from '99 - ill check out some of those from the list you posted - thanks again matey
Old 13 July 2010, 01:17 PM
retroDJ
Scooby Newbie

Bloody hell those launchx431 scanners are a bit out of my price bracket!! They look like the mutts nuts but i was thinking somethin a little more wallet friendly! Ive gone from a tdi passat to a thirsty classic scooby in the last 3 months (times are hard!) i buy petrol before food nowadays!!