Notices
Wanted Tell us what you're looking for and someone here is very likely to be able to help you find it.

Subaru wanted, £2500 waiting (prepared to over spend for the right car)

Search this Thread

Old 21 May 2010, 09:21 AM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Subaru wanted, £2500 waiting (prepared to over spend for the right car)

Will consider almost anything including Cat D & Cat C cars if the work has been done properly with Certs.

I was thinking that my budget would get me nice example classic, but since looking on eBay im aware that I can get a bugeye for my money, however although I like a project I dont want a complete dog.

Like I said above
"I'll consider anything upto around 2500 plus a little more for the right car"

Thanks in advance
Rob
Old 21 May 2010, 03:41 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

up
Old 21 May 2010, 09:08 PM
scowen
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm selling a my00 w reg face lift silver classic turbo 2000 if your interested recorded cat d so doesn't show on the log book. was only lite panel damage bumper wing & bonnet. was a bog standard 218bhp car unmodded when first bought.in the first week of owning the car the bottom end went at just 40k so was rebuilt with uprated crank/rcl race bearings & uprated head gaskets costing £2300 just hit 50k on the clocks so got to be one of the lowest millage classics around. remapped by bob rawle running 340bhp 0-60 in under 5 seconds with a vf35 turbo running 1.4bar of boost k&n panel filter with zero sports induction pipe & sti under intercooler y-pipe, full exhaust system upgraded walborough fuel pump millers performance oil with k&n oil filter. boost gauge front & rear strut brace fitted & 16" black speedline wheels wrapped with nearly new bridgestone potenza tyres the car itself is good condition the car is always treat properly always warmed up & cooled down properly & only ever used top qaulity millers oil which has been changed every 3000 miles.
only selling due to yamaha r6 0n the way!

Last edited by scowen; 27 May 2010 at 07:52 PM.
Old 22 May 2010, 10:37 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scowen
I'm selling a my00 w reg face lift silver classic turbo 2000 if your interested recorded cat d so doesn't show on the log book. was only lite panel damage bumper wing & bonnet. was a bog standard 218bhp car unmodded when first bought.in the first week of owning the car the bottom end went at just 40k so was rebuilt with uprated crank/rcl race bearings & uprated head gaskets costing £2300 just hit 50k on the clocks so got to be one of the lowest millage classics around. remapped by bob rawle running 340bhp 0-60 in under 5 seconds with a vf35 turbo running 1.4bar of boost k&n panel filter with zero sports induction pipe & sti under intercooler y-pipe, full exhaust system upgraded walborough fuel pump millers performance oil with k&n oil filter. boost gauge front & rear strut brace fitted & 16" black speedline wheels wrapped with nearly new bridgestone potenza tyres the car itself is good condition the car is always treat properly always warmed up & cooled down properly & only ever used top qaulity millers oil which has been changed every 3000 miles. only looking for £2900
only selling due to yamaha r6 0n the way!
Hi mate,

Thanks for posting.

First off you say you got 340bhp, is this at the wheels? I didnt think you get over 300 with the standard intercooler. Have you got a dyno print?

What torque is it running and at what rpm did the peak boost arrive at.

Im interested, is it possible you can send me more pics please to the below addy,

Thanks Rob
r-s-r-signs@gmx.co.uk
Old 23 May 2010, 02:08 PM
baser999
Scooby Regular

hi, you have pm
Old 23 May 2010, 05:38 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by baser999
hi, you have pm
Replied mate

thanks

Rob
Old 24 May 2010, 12:06 AM
scowen
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by UK300 PRODRIVE
Hi mate,

Thanks for posting.

First off you say you got 340bhp, is this at the wheels? I didnt think you get over 300 with the standard intercooler. Have you got a dyno print?

What torque is it running and at what rpm did the peak boost arrive at.

Im interested, is it possible you can send me more pics please to the below addy,

Thanks Rob
r-s-r-signs@gmx.co.uk
around 340bhp at the flywheel this will be. no proof just an estimation from the mapper bob rawle who is a well known mapper on here & knows his stuff & yes that is achievable through the standard intercooler as long as the sti Y-pipe is fitted which i have done. the intercooler is pretty much maxed out now if more power was needed either a newage sti intercooler or front mount should be fitted and phase 2 sti pink injectors this could take the vf35 to the max around 356bhp but for only a thew extra bhp couldnt justify spending the money as the car is fast enough & yes i will get some pics sent mate!
cheers steve.
Old 25 May 2010, 07:58 PM
scowen
Scooby Regular

more pics

Uploaded with
Uploaded with
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

There you go!
Old 25 May 2010, 09:05 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Seems like a very nice example. I converted the bhp @ 340 flywheel to wheels 277bhp ish. When I get chance (Im at work at the moment, having some issue) I will try and ring you. Have you got a contact number?

PS, I think the BHP of 356 (as you said above) is at the wheels. STI Pinks, Large TMIC or FMIC could take the car to somewhere near 330maybe, this is 403 at the flywheel which is considerably more than a few extra..... IMHO

Thanks
Rob