Notices
Wanted Tell us what you're looking for and someone here is very likely to be able to help you find it.

WANTED: Impreza, swap with my RX7

Search this Thread

Old 27 May 2007, 05:05 PM
Alex86
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WANTED: Impreza, swap with my RX7

Hi all, I've got my RX7, that I'm selling at the mo and I really miss my old impreza, so would like another one.
So what have u lot got to offer??

Heres the details of my RX7:

One off custom 1993 Mazda RX7, Twin Turbo, Import

ex RE-AMEMIYA show car

The Car

- 1993/K reg, RX7 Type R2 model, lighter than most models.
- Imported 2003.
- HPi clear, with certificate

EXTERIOR

- Re-Amemiya front bumper with centre meshed and IPF lower spotlights
- Re-Amemiya sideskirts with vents meshed
- Rear bumper with Re-Amemiya lower spats
- Re-Amemiya Fibreglass vented bonnet, very rare!
- Re-Amemiya VERY RARE dual headlights
- Repainted in stunning Candy cherry red this looks anything from red to copper to orange, depending on light. (spotless). Done 18 months ago, also coated in 5 yr guarantee supaguard wax protector!
(slight scratches on rear bumper, not that bad)
-De-spoilered boot. Looks stunning and smooth!
- Carbon Covered door handles
- Wheels are 17" Wolfrace Asia Tec Katanas (as new) ET 40, 7J width, wrapped in very good Goodyear Eagle F1's with 7mm spacers on rear

SUSPENSION / BRAKES

- Suspension is Genuine Bilstein shocks and springs, even these are Re-Amemiya stamped!! Lowered approx 50mm
- Brakes are standard Mazda with Japanese performance pads all round. All very good condition.

INTERIOR

- Suede front seats
- Leather rear bucket seats
- Interior painted body colour
- Sports steering wheel
- Momo gearknob
- Alluminium pedals
- Push button start
- Fire extinguisher
- Re Amemiya boost gauge
- Blitz turbo timer
-3 pillar pod with water temp/oil temp/oil pressure gauges these can be set at I think 7 dif colours
- Sony CD head unit with JBL speakers all round
- Full set of RX7 branded car mats

ENGINE

- It has had an engine from a newer RX7 fitted with 33,000km's
- Reconditioned Turbos under 5k ago with receipt
- Engine has upgraded large capacity intercooler by Re-Amemiya
- Induction kit by Re-Amemiya
- Full stainless exhaust "dolphin tailed" by Re-Amemiya, sounds gorgeous!
- Front strut brace
- Dump Valve

TRANSMISSION

- Standard FD3S gearbox
- Balanced and lightened flywheel
- Re-Amemiya short shifter

EXTRAS

- Power Steering
- Electrics all working
- ABS
- Air con
- Some Service History
- HPi'd with certificate
- Touch up paint
- Some Original parts

Currently, the car does have a slight overfueling issue.

It tends to rev slightly erratically and idle is lumpy.

I have been informed that the car would ideally benefit from an Apexi ECU setup as when the car came from Re-Amemiya it apparently had a Re-Amemiya ECU on it. But now, being on the stock ECU, it could really do with setting up properly, with the Apexi PFC ECU.

Therefore I would recommend getting the car trailered, as you cant be too careful with the RX7 engines.

Unfortunately, I just do not have the time to do this, as I need a car I can drive now, as I am soon to start a training course down South and I am currently based just outside North London, so you can see my predicament!!

Watch the link below, for a clip of the car running:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEJGpzXNpQE

Note: The car does not have the alloy spoiler, as seen in the video anymore.

Please take into account, once this car has tax and MOT and is set up properly using an Apexi ECU, it would easily be worth over £8k. So grab a bargain and enjoy!!

The car is phenomenal in every way. It looks and sounds mad. and also has alot of people wondering what car it actually is, due to only having one small 'Efini' badge on back!

I'm after £5.5k for the car as it is, so can work out a px / swap value from that. bearing in mind this car could be worth £8.5k easily once sorted!

The car is located in Herts, and I can be contacted on 07708 741237
or
al3x123 (AT) hotmail (DOT) com

Pics below:

Last edited by Alex86; 31 May 2007 at 11:57 AM.
Old 27 May 2007, 05:59 PM
vava voom
Scooby Regular

I may be interested in a px with my Type R but i will need you to sort the running problem out and i will need cash on top.

At the moment the market is pants and my Type R is not fetching anywhere near what i want and your RX7 will not go for £8k, if you wish to research this then go ahead and let me know, thanks

Alos would want a mot for it, cheers
Old 27 May 2007, 08:16 PM
Alex86
Scooby Regular

"Unfortunately, I just do not have the time to do this, as I need a car I can drive now, as I am soon to start a training course down South and I am currently based just outside North London, so you can see my predicament!!"

If you'd read it properly, it states I need a car now, as I dont have time to sort this one. If I did, I would keep it.

And I have researched it, an RX7 with this spec in summer would easy fetch around £8k.
Old 27 May 2007, 09:07 PM
vava voom
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Alex86
"Unfortunately, I just do not have the time to do this, as I need a car I can drive now, as I am soon to start a training course down South and I am currently based just outside North London, so you can see my predicament!!"

If you'd read it properly, it states I need a car now, as I dont have time to sort this one. If I did, I would keep it.

And I have researched it, an RX7 with this spec in summer would easy fetch around £8k.
GOODLUCK
Old 27 May 2007, 10:14 PM
Alex86
Scooby Regular

** Please note: ** I did not ask for anybodys comments, or good luck messages, all I am asking for is people who are INTERESTED to post if they want to do a swap!

Thanks!!
Old 28 May 2007, 01:03 AM
vava voom
Scooby Regular

** Please note: ** I did not ask for anybodys comments, or good luck messages, all I am asking for is people who are INTERESTED to post if they want to do a swap!

Thanks!!
It's amazeing how saying goodluck can trigger di*k heads off

Now that we are on the subject...a car with no mot and tax and rough running (routary) engine problems for £5k....sorry mate i think you need the samaritans,not Scoobynet.

GOODLUCK
Old 29 May 2007, 09:26 AM
Alex86
Scooby Regular

Its also amazing how a thread that is about anything other than an impreza always seems to attract one numpty aswell !
Get a life you dumb ****.

Some people know how much they're cars are worth. Hence why I sold my impreza when I did, as I knew the value on them was going to depreciate rapidly!

Its funny, I've had £4.5k cash offered already and that was without the wheels. So I think you'll find you're entirely wrong, as you prob are in all your 1000 and something posts.

Go **** up someone else thread. *****
Old 29 May 2007, 12:39 PM
vava voom
Scooby Regular

Its also amazing how a thread that is about anything other than an impreza always seems to attract one numpty aswell !
Get a life you dumb ****.

Some people know how much they're cars are worth. Hence why I sold my impreza when I did, as I knew the value on them was going to depreciate rapidly!

Its funny, I've had £4.5k cash offered already and that was without the wheels. So I think you'll find you're entirely wrong, as you prob are in all your 1000 and something posts.

Go **** up someone else thread. *****
If i was you, i would grab that £4.5k from ya mum
Old 29 May 2007, 12:49 PM
Madgord
Scooby Regular

4.5k is a fair price fella - i would seriously consider that offer but in your fvaour it has freshish turbos and engine.

You did right ditching the Re-A Ecu - they are known for being rather nastily mapped and not running great on UK Fuels. A power Fc would certainly help - just bare in mind the ealier spec PFCs are a tad harder to come by with Apexi in the mess it is. Although with the spec your running it seems odd it wont run on a stock ecu.

But anyway i dont want you to think im sticking my nose in - just thought id offer my opinion iv had quite a few rx7s in my time.
Old 29 May 2007, 12:54 PM
scoobyphil1984
Scooby Regular

alls i can say is the rx7 swappin dude is doin the rite thing! i had a 400hp+ rx7 and wot a job i had getting rid of it!! they are not the best of cars at all!! £90 to fill nearly and only a 100 miles!! now i swapped my rx7 for a subaru and i aint looked bk since!! altough the subaru was a shed wen i got it but after carefully spending 5k on it!! (so much cheaper then an rx) shes a pure lil flat 4 animal! scrap the rx and save for a scooby! lol !!
Old 29 May 2007, 12:56 PM
scoobyphil1984
Scooby Regular

oh the rx is nice though!! needs lowering!! but nice!
Old 29 May 2007, 02:10 PM
Madgord
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyphil1984
alls i can say is the rx7 swappin dude is doin the rite thing! i had a 400hp+ rx7 and wot a job i had getting rid of it!! they are not the best of cars at all!! £90 to fill nearly and only a 100 miles!! now i swapped my rx7 for a subaru and i aint looked bk since!! altough the subaru was a shed wen i got it but after carefully spending 5k on it!! (so much cheaper then an rx) shes a pure lil flat 4 animal! scrap the rx and save for a scooby! lol !!
Thats a fairly personal opionion - iv had 6 -7 rx7s over the past 3 -4 years from stock to 450bhp and they have been one of the best imports iv owned - the only scoob i could compare to them was the Type R i had or possibly a fairly well setup RA i had.
Old 29 May 2007, 04:32 PM
vava voom
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Madgord
4.5k is a fair price fella - i would seriously consider that offer but in your fvaour it has freshish turbos and engine.

You did right ditching the Re-A Ecu - they are known for being rather nastily mapped and not running great on UK Fuels. A power Fc would certainly help - just bare in mind the ealier spec PFCs are a tad harder to come by with Apexi in the mess it is. Although with the spec your running it seems odd it wont run on a stock ecu.

But anyway i dont want you to think im sticking my nose in - just thought id offer my opinion iv had quite a few rx7s in my time.
£4.5k for a well running RX7...yes anyday but for one running lumpy , with no mot
Old 30 May 2007, 11:07 AM
JayZetec
Scooby Regular

May be interested....take a look at mine and let me know what you think, think i might want a bit a cash on top though. Its a MY98 type RA, cant do anything straight away as waiting for new turbo unit and shes currently havin a front end respray to freshen her up. The pics at the top without the morettes are the newest.
JayZetec/Scoob - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Old 31 May 2007, 11:53 AM
Alex86
Scooby Regular

Jay, could you possibly email me on the email in first post. Spec etc.
Cheers mate!

Phil, yes mate, I do miss my old impreza,If I could afford the running costs of an RX as a daily car, plus had the time to sort this one, I'd most certainly do it.
But unfortunately I need a car yesterday as I am currently travelling back and forth to the south coast every day on public transport. And I think thats pretty much costing me what an RX7 would cost to do so, if not more!!

As for lowering, its lowered about 40mm on Bilsteins at present, only thing that needs doing is bigger wheels. 19's will go on without any work !!
Any lower and it would scrape up roadkill !!

Madgord, thanks for your informative and helpful post. Yes you're right about the Re-A ECU's.
I've been recommended the stock ECU be changed for an Apexi as this can be fully mapped and controlled from inside the car, as you know.
To my knowledge, the old Re-Amemiya prepared engine which had the Re-A ECU on it, went bust, due to be used on poorer quality fuel than what it was designed to. So all bits were taken of that engine, including some internal, and then put onto this newer engine , along with recon'd turbos, then dropped into car.
But as it then had to have the stock ECU put on it, the fueling was completely out (basically designed for a standard setup car)

I really do wish I had the time to do this, as I'm sure its not that harder problem to sort out.
And believe me VavaVooom (), if I were to sell this car after sorting (if I did) I WOULD NOT be advertising it for any less than 8k. Check out ebay, pistonheads etc. There are various ones selling for around that with no way as much modifications, standard colours, less engine mods let alone not being a car ACTUALLY prepared by Re-Amemiya themselves!! If you know who they are that is!!

Oh, and mate... 4.5k.. Thats how much I gave your mum for her silence, so she wouldnt actually tell you I'm your Dad.
Have a nice day.

Cheers for the nice comments lads..

Alex

Last edited by Alex86; 31 May 2007 at 11:58 AM.
Old 31 May 2007, 07:50 PM
Madgord
Scooby Regular

Madgord, thanks for your informative and helpful post. Yes you're right about the Re-A ECU's.
I've been recommended the stock ECU be changed for an Apexi as this can be fully mapped and controlled from inside the car, as you know.
To my knowledge, the old Re-Amemiya prepared engine which had the Re-A ECU on it, went bust, due to be used on poorer quality fuel than what it was designed to. So all bits were taken of that engine, including some internal, and then put onto this newer engine , along with recon'd turbos, then dropped into car.
But as it then had to have the stock ECU put on it, the fueling was completely out (basically designed for a standard setup car)

Alex
It might be even simpler and cheaper than a PFC - with it being a TT still there is quite a complex solenoid / piping setup or the "rats nest" - could be a dodgy solenoid causing the poor idle - or even an air leak - first thing id do is get the plenum off and check all pipes / chech valves and solenoids and replace all pipes with silcone items - i wouldnt jump to conclusions and work on the assumption its the ECU / Fueling. How does it drive on the road? Does it start from hot / cold? And does it smoke at all?

Thanks
Gord
Old 31 May 2007, 09:39 PM
vava voom
Scooby Regular

Jay, could you possibly email me on the email in first post. Spec etc.
Cheers mate!

Phil, yes mate, I do miss my old impreza,If I could afford the running costs of an RX as a daily car, plus had the time to sort this one, I'd most certainly do it.
But unfortunately I need a car yesterday as I am currently travelling back and forth to the south coast every day on public transport. And I think thats pretty much costing me what an RX7 would cost to do so, if not more!!

As for lowering, its lowered about 40mm on Bilsteins at present, only thing that needs doing is bigger wheels. 19's will go on without any work !!
Any lower and it would scrape up roadkill !!

I really do wish I had the time to do this, as I'm sure its not that harder problem to sort out.
And believe me VavaVooom (), if I were to sell this car after sorting (if I did) I WOULD NOT be advertising it for any less than 8k. Check out ebay, pistonheads etc. There are various ones selling for around that with no way as much modifications, standard colours, less engine mods let alone not being a car ACTUALLY prepared by Re-Amemiya themselves!! If you know who they are that is!!

Oh, and mate... 4.5k.. Thats how much I gave your mum for her silence, so she wouldnt actually tell you I'm your Dad.
Have a nice day.

Cheers for the nice comments lads..

Alex
HAHA mate, my mum said she would but she had a problem finding your dick..even with the twesers.

Also something about you looking too much like a terd
Old 31 May 2007, 09:44 PM
vava voom
Scooby Regular

Alo i see that no one was stupid enough on E bay to fall for your.."I'm too busy to MOT the car" bo**ocks
Old 31 May 2007, 09:52 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Leave it out guys, just agree to disagree. It's not very edifying reading posts where grown men are slagging each others mums off!
Old 31 May 2007, 10:39 PM
Alex86
Scooby Regular

Gord, PM sent, Easier than talking here where I keep getting rude interuptions.

If you would like an explantion as to why I do not have the time to sort this car, well it quite simply. I have been accepted into the fire service down South, and I dont live down south, hence I am travelling daily back and forth on a train, and do not wish to do so for the next 14 weeks!
So I need a car yesterday.

Originally Posted by vava voom
Also something about you looking too much like a terd
Hence the reason you look like a 'turd'... (how old are you?!)

Cheers!

Alex
Old 01 June 2007, 08:53 AM
scoobyphil1984
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Einstein RA
Leave it out guys, just agree to disagree. It's not very edifying reading posts where grown men are slagging each others mums off!
sorry but i think its quite funny!! theres nowt like a mam joke to make u chuckle!! but obviously sum ppl will find it imature!! but personaly i dont!! oh and as for the mot! cant ppl *** to ure house and pick the car up or cant a freind spare 10mins takeing it?1 lol but hey! its ure 7!
Old 01 June 2007, 12:19 PM
vava voom
Scooby Regular

Keep trying DAD
Old 01 June 2007, 01:32 PM
Alex86
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyphil1984
oh and as for the mot! cant ppl *** to ure house and pick the car up or cant a freind spare 10mins takeing it?1 lol but hey! its ure 7!
It runs rich, overfueling.. I'm pretty confident that wont pass an MOT....
Emissions are prob higher than on Richard Bransons entire fleet put together.....
The cars not taxed, cant be driven on the road, so no MOT.

Can some1 please delete this thread...

I'm getting more imprezas offered on Ebay than scoobynet!

Alex

Last edited by Alex86; 01 June 2007 at 01:35 PM.
Old 15 June 2007, 04:16 PM
Alex86
Scooby Regular

bttt...

New ad on P/H

Mazda : Ex Re-Amemiya Show Car Mazda RX7 TypeR2 Twin Turbo