Notices
Wanted Tell us what you're looking for and someone here is very likely to be able to help you find it.

Yet more front seats....

Search this Thread

Old 23 December 1999, 12:19 PM
martinf
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New type turbo seats wanted...

Please mail me..

Cheers, Martin
Old 30 December 1999, 10:53 PM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Many dealers will have a spare set of these. I think that Atkins in Taunton may have some on 01823 254555.
Old 31 December 1999, 12:24 PM
martinf
Scooby Regular

thanks Nick. I'll give them a call. I have tried a few other dealers but no luck so far.

Cheers, Martin
Old 31 December 1999, 07:31 PM
Tim W
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Another option is to call (if your in the UK) Prodrive, I spoke Mike Wood about this and he told me which dealers in the UK they had recently supplied seats to.

Has worked for a few people I know!

Tim

HAPPY NEW MENNENILLIUM
Old 01 January 2000, 01:07 PM
martinf
Scooby Regular

Happy Y2K!

Good tip, thanks.

Assuming I do find some, can anyone recommend a good retrimmer? I would want the whole car done in matching cloth.

Cheers (I'm working & not happy)
Old 02 January 2000, 12:28 AM
Neil
Scooby Newbie

Question

Are you sure you want these seats ?

I have a 99MY turbo and, although the seats look great, they are definitely the most uncomfortable of any car I have owned. And that is about 20 cars.

They are so bad that I can begin to understand people spending 2 grand with Prodrive for the Recaros.

Just a thought to avoid you being disappointed.

Neil.
Old 02 January 2000, 02:56 PM
Tim W
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Neil,

Are you finding that the seats give you lower backache?

If so I may have a solution for you.

When I got my Scoob (MY98) I was having terrible problems with my back for the first two months, went to an osteopath, discovered that I was infact completely mangled, and started 7 months of weekly treatment (!).

This isn't the solution I meant, it's not so expensive...

Sparco make an pneumatically adjustable lumbar pad, it comes with velcro fasteners which fix themselves quite happily to the standard Subaru seat fabric (caution, will in time damage the fabric). position this where you like on the back rest and use the inflator bulb to adjust to your desired pressure. Costs about 30 quid + vat from Demon Tweeks, it is in their current motorsport catalogue.

I have had mine for over a year, and have found that it has transformed the seats in my car so that I can now put up with long journeys - 3 hrs plus at the wheel, whereas before I could only last about 20 minutes without backache.

Tim

[This message has been edited by Tim W (edited 02-01-2000).]
Old 02 January 2000, 03:34 PM
Doc
Scooby Regular

martinf

I was in Atkins on Christmas Eve and they certainly had 2 sets of front seats at the back of their showroom.
Old 02 January 2000, 11:23 PM
martinf
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the advice. I am looking for the newer Subaru seats to keep things 'original', however this is not the first time I have heard them slated.

Recaros are great, but the cost with subframes is high. I am considering getting a pair of logo-less Cobras or Corbeaus and getting the car trimmed to match. These seats look good and are presumably made to fit UK sized people!

Any thoughts?

Cheers, Martin
Old 06 January 2000, 10:03 PM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Look at how you're sitting in the seats. From 99my onwards there is an extra couple of controls giving you a larger are of adjustment.

Stuff your bum into the seat & put the seat back nearly upright. Adjust the seat up & down until the lower part of the upright seat pokes you in your lower back in a lumber support sort of way. Then with your shoulder FLAT against the seat back, stretch your arm straight & move the seat back or forward until you can just hook the outside of your thumb over the top of the steering rim. Then adjust the fton of the seat up & down to get your legs comfortable with the clutch depressed.

Easy eh?
Old 07 January 2000, 05:17 PM
Pro-Parts
Scooby Newbie

Thumbs up

Martin,
This is Pro-Parts, N. Ireland. We have in stock 2x front seats for your new mod Impreza turbo.
Price £300.00 for the pair
E-mail us on wo'kane@bridgevan.freeserve.co.uk
Thanks
William
Pro-Parts
Old 07 January 2000, 10:33 PM
Mick
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

Martin
Don't listen to Nick.
What you need to do is raise you seat up as high as it will go and stuff your left leg as far under the seat as you can. Then lower the seat as far as it will go with your leg underneath. Then tuck you left foot round the back of your neck. Move the seat forward until with the window open, your crotch touches the steering wheel and you right arm is against the forward edge of the open window orrifice. With your free left hand close the window carefully to trap your arm but try not to crush it. Then remove your left hand and grab hold of your mobile phone. Dial up the Sunday Sport and tel them to send a reporter 'cos you've just seen a space ship out of your car window and they've done something wierd to you.
The rights to the story should buy you a decent set of seats.

Yours Helpfully

Mick
Old 08 January 2000, 12:19 PM
martinf
Scooby Regular

hmmm, this is getting complicated. The blue tweedy seats may look as sporty as my old lada interior, but they are quite comfortable.

I guess I'll have to sit in some before I buy and see if I fit. Otherwise the Corbeau Targa RS (without logo) looks pretty good, is fairly cheap, gets good postings on the web and can be bought with cloth for the rest of the car.

Decisions, decisions!

Cheers, Martin