Notices
Wanted Tell us what you're looking for and someone here is very likely to be able to help you find it.

White Ver.5/6 or 22B front grille for GC6 in the USA

Search this Thread

Old 11 June 2002, 02:45 PM
Siper2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Good morning (where I am, anyway)! I'm a member of i-Club and RS25.com in the States, just signed up for Scoobynet, after two years of procrastination. There are a few cosmetic mods I'm working on for my 2000 Impreza 2.5RS, one being a new front grille.

I know the 22B grille was/is a popular upgrade for you folks overseas--as it is here--however the Version 5/6 grille came standard for you, and that's something I'd consider as a possible upgrade, as well.

This in mind, I was hoping to find one, already painted, possibly for sale for quite a bit less money than a brand new one from vendors like Chris Douma at the dutch555 site (great he is, but they are pricey).
So, I am looking for an Aspen White grille. 22B would be nice, but I'm thinking I could get a Ver.5/6 for a good price, from someone possibly just trying to get rid of an old one.

Any takers?
-Christopher
S2

(Also posted on SIDC.)
Old 12 June 2002, 07:48 PM
Siper2
Scooby Regular

ttt

(Someone must be able to offer something!!)
Old 14 June 2002, 05:16 PM
Siper2
Scooby Regular

bump
Old 15 June 2002, 02:12 AM
steve McCulloch
Scooby Regular

your probably better souring from the States - most people here cant be bothered posting out to the States - even if they had something to offer - which is potentially remote in this case

Dont let this put you off the site though!

What did you think of the controversial decision in the Indy 500 - I was there at the event... a few weeks back.. great stuff.

(I'm based over in Cincinnati much of the time!)
Old 15 June 2002, 02:38 PM
Siper2
Scooby Regular

I sort of figured that's why I wasn't getting replies. I know postage is difficult but of course I'd be paying for that. I just had hopes that the combined postage/product price on a quality used item would come out somewhere below the cost of a brand new one, unpainted of course. (Usually $190ish over here.)
My luck over here has been low. I could of course buy a new one, but I'm trying to keep my spending low, I am on Unemployment.

To be honest, I didn't pay attention to the Indy this year. Haven't even heard any rumblings about it. What happened?
(I've been trying to pull myself away from TV...)

-S2-

[Edited by Siper2 - 6/15/2002 2:40:40 PM]
Old 16 June 2002, 05:11 PM
steve McCulloch
Scooby Regular

Last years winner - Helio Catroneves won again - but it was a con, as the only reason for this was a last minutes yellow caution flag as at the same time Paul Tracey (?) went past him - the lucky sod!
(Helio that is!) as the pass was deemed in valid

At $190 I'd source from the States, not worth the hassle otherwise, esp as it could be damaged in Transit!

At least your unemployment benefit aint bad - compare yours to ours at about £60 per week ($85)! - but then anyone who wants to work over here can pretty much get a job!
Old 16 June 2002, 10:05 PM
Siper2
Scooby Regular

Why is that?

I guess I'm fed up trying to get back into a field that doesn't want me. I was another network engineer type fellow, basically.
It's nothing I ever wanted to do with my life (I got an Environmental degree (Bachelor's) in 1998), it just sort of fell into place. Got a part time job at a computer company when I was in college, and I just went with it.

The money was nice--I was in the intermediate salary range over here, I suppose--but what good is a decent salary if it doesn't last long enough? Thinking of going back to school, maybe get a Master's in writing or something like that. No clue how I'll make money, but...

There is a fellow over here selling his V6 grille, but it's not painted. Guess I could see if it's still for sale... I don't imagine painting something that size would cost very much.

Back to my original thought though, why is it that jobs are easy to find there?
-S2-
Old 17 June 2002, 10:37 AM
Tim Bomford
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Scoobysport do a "22b" type grille for your car. Try them for a shipping price to you.

Tim
Old 17 June 2002, 05:59 PM
Siper2
Scooby Regular

Scoobysport has them, eh? Alright I'll try that.
Old 18 June 2002, 10:26 PM
steve McCulloch
Scooby Regular

No recession here - overall the economy is booming - unemployment pretty much non-existent....(although IT has taken a bit of a hit over the last 12 -18 months) as firms have retrenched their positions - cutting costs in the event of possible growth reductions - hence no lucrative style SAP and other projects for those overpaid IT bods! Also merchant banking have also taken a hit - but like the IT bods they get paid way too much, so have had plenty of time to save up money!

It is more difficult to get a job at the moment - but not that much of a nightmare..

Anyhows USA gets paid approximately 50% more than we do for like for like jobs (acccounting for the exhange rate) also your taxes are overall lower - especially sales tax! - compare yours to our 17.5% sales tax and gasoline at $6 a gallon!, etc, etc - your cost of living is way cheaper - why people dont move out to the States is beyond me - but then the US immigration makes it very difficult to move over -Land of the free? - yeah right - NOT

Scoobysport - good company - ask for Pete Croney....
Phone number - 011441268590085

Old 19 June 2002, 04:35 AM
Siper2
Scooby Regular

Yeah, well, we have to keep the freaks out.

I've been in touch with Scoobysport, Pete said they don't have any such thing on their product list. I checked their US site too.

-C
Old 19 June 2002, 10:08 PM
steve McCulloch
Scooby Regular

Typical Tim dragging the integrity of the British down with Spurious comments
Old 19 June 2002, 10:13 PM
Siper2
Scooby Regular

You've got to be kidding me...

Hopefully you weren't serious. I'm hoping not. Unless I missed something.

[Edited by Siper2 - 6/19/2002 10:17:15 PM]
Old 20 June 2002, 08:42 AM
chrisd
Scooby Regular

Christophe,
I have sold a 22B style one to a guy here and will ask him if he is willing to trade his old V5 one in, let you know when he wants that,then you are looking around 125-150 for one painted and shipped.
Bye chris
Old 20 June 2002, 03:17 PM
Siper2
Scooby Regular

Hello, Mr. Douma.

$125 would of course be better. Heh... There's a guy here in Canada selling a brand new one for $150 shipped, but it's not painted yet. But I have no idea how much it'd cost to paint. I just had a small section of my door guard painted for $20 at a body shop, so who knows, maybe it's cheap.

Well, let me know, I have a couple to sort through at any rate.
-Chris