Notices
Wanted Tell us what you're looking for and someone here is very likely to be able to help you find it.

Wanted twinscroll decat downpipe

Search this Thread

Old 29 March 2015, 09:17 AM
M2RTXhawkeye
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Wanted twinscroll decat downpipe

Does anyone have a twin scroll decat downpipe for sale preferably 3" tapering down to a 2.5"

Let me know what you have please

Martin
Old 29 March 2015, 10:50 AM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got a 3" milltek resonated downpipe if any good to you pal?
Old 29 March 2015, 11:55 AM
scubbay
Scooby Regular

could be interested in the miltek if Martin isn't.
Old 29 March 2015, 12:14 PM
M2RTXhawkeye
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Infected by sti
Got a 3" milltek resonated downpipe if any good to you pal?
Ideally looking for de res mate, and 2.5 as I already have the other sections.. Thanks anyway pal

Martin
Old 29 March 2015, 06:03 PM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

No worries
Old 30 March 2015, 04:45 PM
crazyspeedfreakz
Scooby Regular

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Good luck with this Martin I had a wanted thread up for a while with no joy so had to buy new, u need to look how many sensors ur dp has also mine has 2 one at the top and at the end underneath, ended up buy new from h&s
Old 30 March 2015, 10:07 PM
M2RTXhawkeye
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by crazyspeedfreakz
Good luck with this Martin I had a wanted thread up for a while with no joy so had to buy new, u need to look how many sensors ur dp has also mine has 2 one at the top and at the end underneath, ended up buy new from h&s
I know mate, well I have one which was from rcm and had my mate try to fit it although it wasn't clearing the gear box bracket for some reason... Was trying to source another but going to get a second opinion by another garage first to make sure it's defo the pipe manufacturered wrong... We shall see

Martin
Old 30 March 2015, 10:09 PM
M2RTXhawkeye
Scooby Regular

This is the pipe which is defo twin scroll

Against the standard pipe

Martin
Old 30 March 2015, 10:33 PM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its also a different length Martin if you havnt already noticed, If he has connected to the centre section first it will foul on something and if he fitted it on the turbo side wouldnt it have fell short of the centre section?

Just a thought but is everything still the same overall length with your centre and backbox against the full standard system?
Old 30 March 2015, 10:41 PM
M2RTXhawkeye
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Pink Ninja
Its also a different length Martin if you havnt already noticed, If he has connected to the centre section first it will foul on something and if he fitted it on the turbo side wouldnt it have fell short of the centre section?

Just a thought but is everything still the same overall length with your centre and backbox against the full standard system?
I know Gaz, it's strange... Alyn from ASP spoke to rcm who have said they've fitted the same pipe on a twinscroll on there end and it fit fine...

I got the down pipe and centre from them, when fitting the bolts at the top of the turbo would not touch, the standard system had to go back on... The centre pipe rcm sent is longer then standard oe so I asumed once the new system was put together it's all marry up... Strange

Martin
Old 30 March 2015, 10:44 PM
M2RTXhawkeye
Scooby Regular

Same pipe fitted up rcm's end

Martin
Old 30 March 2015, 10:51 PM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

I had mine off the other week to sort an AVCS oil feed, Mines is a full 3" RCM one with sports cat but looks very much the same as yours length and shape wise, lol?

Old 30 March 2015, 10:56 PM
M2RTXhawkeye
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Pink Ninja
I had mine off the other week to sort an AVCS oil feed, Mines is a full 3" RCM one with sports cat but looks very much the same as yours length and shape wise, lol?

Looks identical to yours mate, the bend seems in the same place too... Thought it could of been manufacturing fault when made. Well going up to scoobyspares on Thursday to see what Scott thinks and try fitting it again.

Martin
Old 31 March 2015, 11:22 AM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

good luck mate
Old 31 March 2015, 07:05 PM
crazyspeedfreakz
Scooby Regular

Do not get me started on down pipe issue martin, I paid £335 for a twin scroll down pipe from Hayward & Scott and it was too long by approx 5cm, the hks back box and center section was the length as the oe system so the down pipe was pushing the rest of the system to far out, couldn't even fit the centre and back box on hangers

I really should start a thread to say how dissatisfied I am with h&s Basicly said it was my fault and that "these jdm twinscrolls they just through any down pipe / exhaust system at "
Basicly there trying to get out of it and its now cost me another £20 sending the oe and aftermarket downpipe back to be re cut to size cos they don't no what there doing !!

Rant over ....
Old 31 March 2015, 10:34 PM
M2RTXhawkeye
Scooby Regular

Do not get me started on down pipe issue martin, I paid £335 for a twin scroll down pipe from Hayward & Scott and it was too long by approx 5cm, the hks back box and center section was the length as the oe system so the down pipe was pushing the rest of the system to far out, couldn't even fit the centre and back box on hangers

I really should start a thread to say how dissatisfied I am with h&s Basicly said it was my fault and that "these jdm twinscrolls they just through any down pipe / exhaust system at "
Basicly there trying to get out of it and its now cost me another £20 sending the oe and aftermarket downpipe back to be re cut to size cos they don't no what there doing !!

Rant over ....
Sounds awful that mate.. I'm hoping it'll fit but not holding my breath... It was tried by my mate a few times, he was sure it was not made correctly... The bend just didt seem right.

If it still doesn't fit I'll have to look at other 2.5 options as I really want the genome on.

Martin
Old 15 April 2015, 10:02 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Rant over ....
There is nothing wrong with the H&S twin scroll system, if you didnt tell them what model year car you had then you will end up with an incorrect sized exhaust because the 03/04 cars have a different size center section and this catches lots of people out.
Old 15 April 2015, 10:46 AM
crazyspeedfreakz
Scooby Regular

I never said there was a issue with the quality of the sytem, just the length, I did explain my model if there was any debate over the correct length which was the case as after the issue as I was told he had done 3 different twinscroll lengths then I think the correct way forward would have been to ask me to clarify the dimensions of stock catted dp that was still on the sub prior to making it.

I don't think me then having to them send my original catted dp and the one just manufactured back to h&s at a cost of £20 and then trying to charge me for the rectification at £60 is fair... Fortunately after 3 or 4 emails they dropped the £60 charge but still refused to accept any responsibility.