Notices

Time for another Run.....

Search this Thread

Old 24 March 2013, 09:58 PM
The Sheep Worrier
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Time for another Run.....

As tittle, I'll be organising another Mid Wales run in June.

It'll be held on Sunday 16th of June, meeting at the usual place of McDonald's car park, Cyfartha Retail Park at 9am,to be leaving for 9.45am prompt.

As in previous years, we'll be covering some of mid Wales' best roads (people who've been before will know where I'm on about) and some new roads most of you will not have driven before , I'm going to try and keep it fairly local I.e not going right up north or west wales, to avoid issues with getting fuel all the time and keeping costs down. Please have full tanks of fuel at the meet point, we don't want to be stop starting all day making fuel stops, we will have a fuel stop scheduled in during the day as well as food/coffee break.

As previous, all welcome, put your names down if your keen, please don't put your name down if you have no intention of making it.

This will not be a road race, so no racing others in public roads or dudes on bikes,if they want to go by let them carry on, I for one am not going to risk my license to get one up on a kid in a Saxo or a loonatic on a Hayabusa (ty and jarv will remember him)

Be nice to see the usual suspects, and as said anyone new who wants to pop along.

So here goes.......

1. Rob
Old 25 March 2013, 10:47 AM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

1. Rob
2. Tyron
Old 25 March 2013, 10:58 AM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

1. Rob
2. Tyron
3. Craig - Infected by sti

Not been on a run out yet, fingers crossed scoob will be back out then or I'll be in the m3, taking the scoob off the road for a while to try and get the M3 sold to get my pockets lined again after my massive Audi repair bill

Last edited by Infected by sti; 25 March 2013 at 11:08 AM.
Old 25 March 2013, 11:16 AM
bluerigster
Scooby Regular

1. Rob
2. Tyron
4. Jon - Bluerigster
Old 25 March 2013, 01:54 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

I remember the guy on the Hayabusa overtaking me on the back wheel at 120mph plus going down a country lane.

To be fair he could really ride that bike and was a decent guy as well as he stopped us in Llangadog to tell us of the hidden Police speed trap as you leave the village.

Mind you as soon as he was back in a national speed limit area he was straight back onto the back wheel and overtaking cars for fun.

I would say he was a very good homocyclist but like all bikers he seemed to have a few if not all his screws loose.
Old 25 March 2013, 04:46 PM
The Sheep Worrier
Scooby Regular

Absolute mentalist ty, in jeans and a t shirt aswel!!!

I never forget coming off the blacks, I was third in a line if about 15 of us, behind you and nick. Looking in the mirror, seeing him right on my **** thinking "Jesus he's just overtaken 13 cars coming off here"... I then made ill gar my mate sat next to me aware he was behind us ,to which he said "can he get by?" Like **** I said, " this roads to twisty for him and not enough straight" at which point he popper her on the back wheel and came past me, his foot peg level with my head as he passed!

I was even more shocked when we got to llangadog so see he'd passed you boys aswel,he certainly proved a point there, wonder if he's still alive?!!
Old 25 March 2013, 04:46 PM
The Sheep Worrier
Scooby Regular

Absolute mentalist ty, in jeans and a t shirt aswel!!!

I never forget coming off the blacks, I was third in a line if about 15 of us, behind you and nick. Looking in the mirror, seeing him right on my **** thinking "Jesus he's just overtaken 13 cars coming off here"... I then made ill gar my mate sat next to me aware he was behind us ,to which he said "can he get by?" Like **** I said, " this roads to twisty for him and not enough straight" at which point he popper her on the back wheel and came past me, his foot peg level with my head as he passed!

I was even more shocked when we got to llangadog so see he'd passed you boys aswel,he certainly proved a point there, wonder if he's still alive?!!
Old 25 March 2013, 11:05 PM
stonefish
Scooby Regular

Count me in lads will be good to see you all again.. Love the run outs
Old 25 March 2013, 11:42 PM
The Sheep Worrier
Scooby Regular

1. Rob
2. Tyron
4. Jon - Bluerigster
5. Kelly - Stonefish
Old 26 March 2013, 12:49 PM
Dan W
Scooby Regular

Location: Secretly saving for another Blobeye STI. Crystal Grey. Widetrack

Originally Posted by Rob Legend

This will not be a road race, so no racing others in public roads or dudes on bikes,if they want to go by let them carry on, I for one am not going to risk my license to get one up on a kid in a Saxo or a loonatic on a Hayabusa (ty and jarv will remember him)

Be nice to see the usual suspects, and as said anyone new who wants to pop along.

Call me an old fart but the fact that often these runs into the country end up with some (not all) driving like their pants are on fire puts me off.

Don't get me wrong I love having a run out and its great being in a convoy of some stunning machines but if one or two act a bit silly and heaven forbid caused an accident I always fear that we will all end up tarred with the same brush.

There was a case a few years back where half a dozen younger blokes were driving in convoy along a country road one night in Corsas, Clios etc. The lead driver collided with another car and if I remember correctly the other motorist died. The Police arrested everyone, not just the driver who caused the accident and as a result they all received jail sentences because the Police said that they had all been speeding.

I honestly don't want to sound like a doom monger or anything so apologies for adding a serious note.

Last edited by Dan W; 26 March 2013 at 12:51 PM.
Old 26 March 2013, 03:22 PM
The Sheep Worrier
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dan W
Call me an old fart but the fact that often these runs into the country end up with some (not all) driving like their pants are on fire puts me off.

Don't get me wrong I love having a run out and its great being in a convoy of some stunning machines but if one or two act a bit silly and heaven forbid caused an accident I always fear that we will all end up tarred with the same brush.

There was a case a few years back where half a dozen younger blokes were driving in convoy along a country road one night in Corsas, Clios etc. The lead driver collided with another car and if I remember correctly the other motorist died. The Police arrested everyone, not just the driver who caused the accident and as a result they all received jail sentences because the Police said that they had all been speeding.

I honestly don't want to sound like a doom monger or anything so apologies for adding a serious note.

That is why I wrote the part that you highlighted at the bottom.

I'm sure all the regulars will know what how we go about organising and conducting the runs, and put they're names down accordingly if they want to come.

If you don't want to come don't put your name down. Simples.

Last edited by The Sheep Worrier; 26 March 2013 at 03:30 PM.
Old 26 March 2013, 08:18 PM
wasbo
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. Rob
2. Tyron
4. Jon - Bluerigster
5. Kelly - Stonefish
6. Brian- wasbo
Old 26 March 2013, 09:52 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dan W

None of the runs that I've attended or organised and there have been quite a few now have never had any racing between people on them.

You will get other road users who will try to incite a race but I don't know of anyone who takes the bait, I've only seen one piece of bad driving within SWS and that wasn't on a run it was on a drive to a local show and that was by someone who never goes on the runs anyway.

Accidents can happen at any time and for any reason, speed in most cases isn't the cause but tends to be the headline when performance cars are 'involved'.

I'd state publicly that all the drivers who will attend the run will be mature and responsible enough not to endanger themselves or other road users.

There is nothing wrong with a group of like minded enthusiasts taking their cars out for a drive, it beats leaving the car in the garage as you're too worried to drive it in case of the eventuality of something going wrong.
Old 26 March 2013, 10:22 PM
redwards
Scooby Regular

To echo Ty's and Rob's points, there has never been been any 'silly' or dangerous driving on these runs out. It the road is open and clear then we'll put our foot down, but only if it's clear. There was one run where we've had people each end of a stretch of road making sure there is no traffic, then we can enjoy the twisty's.
Old 26 March 2013, 10:23 PM
redwards
Scooby Regular

1. Rob
2. Tyron
4. Jon - Bluerigster
5. Kelly - Stonefish
6. Brian- wasbo
7.Richard (If I get mot by then)
Old 27 March 2013, 08:36 AM
The Sheep Worrier
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder
None of the runs that I've attended or organised and there have been quite a few now have never had any racing between people on them.

You will get other road users who will try to incite a race but I don't know of anyone who takes the bait, I've only seen one piece of bad driving within SWS and that wasn't on a run it was on a drive to a local show and that was by someone who never goes on the runs anyway.

Accidents can happen at any time and for any reason, speed in most cases isn't the cause but tends to be the headline when performance cars are 'involved'.

I'd state publicly that all the drivers who will attend the run will be mature and responsible enough not to endanger themselves or other road users.

There is nothing wrong with a group of like minded enthusiasts taking their cars out for a drive, it beats leaving the car in the garage as you're too worried to drive it in case of the eventuality of something going wrong.
My point exactly. I'd like at this point to say Thankyou Ty for all the hard work you've done organising runs previously, top work, I felt it was time to give you a break this time and one less thing for you to worry about.

I'd like to also say that although the run will have some SWS members attending (myself included), it is a run which I'm personally organising and not through the club, so If there are (god forbid) any problems it'll not come back on the club.

Anyway back on topic, looks like theres a good bit of interst, Rich hope your Mot goes ok, once I get tyres sorted on mine it'll be going in sometime next week hopefully.

Rob
Old 27 March 2013, 11:21 AM
Dan W
Scooby Regular

Location: Secretly saving for another Blobeye STI. Crystal Grey. Widetrack

I appreciate your kind words of reassurance guys.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that reckless activity is an inevitability and in fact I think that considering the performance capabilities of the cars that attend we are a rather cautious bunch.

Maybe I am just getting old.

Sorry guys, Just ignore me. I am probably still a bit sore after my accident last year.
Old 29 March 2013, 07:59 PM
scoobygems
Scooby Regular

Rob, Me and Dave may be up for this if we are not away.

I won't put our names down yet until I know for sure what is happening.
Old 29 March 2013, 11:18 PM
The Sheep Worrier
Scooby Regular

Yeah no worries Gem, see what you can do! 👑😃
Old 12 April 2013, 06:22 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Nearly forgot I recently took the road from Llanwrtyd Wells to Abergwesyn and then onto Tregaron, we can easily get to it from the Epynt military ranges.

Once in Tregaron we can head over to Aberystwyth and then come back over to Rhyader, well worth the drive - it's a very tricky and demanding road but well worth the time.

Old 12 April 2013, 09:09 PM
The Sheep Worrier
Scooby Regular

Good call Ty, that'll be the "devils staircase" there your referring to. I'm easy going,only issue with going this route is that a lot of it is single carriageway(and ruff in
Places) , and some 10 or more Scoobs meeting oncoming traffic could be a pain in the **** having to pullover all the time. I was also hoping to keep it a little more local, but as I said I'm easy and if everyone else wants to get involved with these roads then I have no problem at all :-)
Old 12 April 2013, 09:40 PM
stonefish
Scooby Regular

That road looks awesome Ty..
And Rob calling it the Devils staircase makes it more intriging... I don't care where we go really its all good , the Midlands is so boring.. Hopefully by the time we go i will have my car lowered, new fuel pump and be getting more out of my mapping..
See you all soon lads
Old 13 April 2013, 08:05 AM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rob Legend
Good call Ty, that'll be the "devils staircase" there your referring to. I'm easy going,only issue with going this route is that a lot of it is single carriageway(and ruff in
Places) , and some 10 or more Scoobs meeting oncoming traffic could be a pain in the **** having to pullover all the time. I was also hoping to keep it a little more local, but as I said I'm easy and if everyone else wants to get involved with these roads then I have no problem at all :-)
We could always turn off for Llandovery via the Llyn Brianne road which is about half away along the route and then go back over the Black Mountains, just a thought as going up to Aberystwyth is a back of a trek.

Originally Posted by stonefish
That road looks awesome Ty..
And Rob calling it the Devils staircase makes it more intriging... I don't care where we go really its all good , the Midlands is so boring.. Hopefully by the time we go i will have my car lowered, new fuel pump and be getting more out of my mapping..
See you all soon lads
It is, I think down here we all tend to forget and take for granted the roads and scenery we have right on our doorstep.

The road that Rob is referring to is very very tricky in places, especially the up and down hill stretches which you come over blind in places.

Last edited by Cannon Fodder; 13 April 2013 at 08:06 AM.
Old 02 May 2013, 08:28 PM
The Sheep Worrier
Scooby Regular

BOING!!
Old 04 May 2013, 11:51 AM
fattaffracingco
Scooby Regular

I would say he was a very good homocyclist but like all bikers he seemed to have a few if not all his screws loose.
steady on ty !!! that's racist innit ???
Old 04 May 2013, 01:52 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fattaffracingco
steady on ty !!! that's racist innit ???
He could stay on the bike on the back wheel at 140mph, whereas some bin their bike at walking pace on two wheels...

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.
Old 05 May 2013, 12:05 AM
The Sheep Worrier
Scooby Regular

He could stay on the bike on the back wheel at 140mph, whereas some bin their bike at walking pace on two wheels...

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.
What a rider fair play, he knew how to ride that bike that's fo sho.

Exact route yet to be decided, the olde girls in for her mott Tuesday, once thats done I'll recce the mileage etc and hope we can fit all the best roads in, any more and it'll be a two day event!
Old 05 May 2013, 08:37 PM
CREWJ
Scooby Regular

I may be tempted by this. If I'm down that way I'll have to drive past Cyfartha on my way back up to the midlands. I could always peal off later in the day. Not sure if I could keep up though
Old 27 May 2013, 09:36 AM
The Sheep Worrier
Scooby Regular

BOING!!
😄
Old 27 May 2013, 09:37 AM
The Sheep Worrier
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CREWJ
I may be tempted by this. If I'm down that way I'll have to drive past Cyfartha on my way back up to the midlands. I could always peal off later in the day. Not sure if I could keep up though
More than welcome mate 😊

Quick Reply: Time for another Run.....