Notices

Backbox

Search this Thread

Old 14 January 2012, 08:33 AM
Carl Bleakley
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Backbox

want a stainless steel back box fitted to my impreza sport live in newport any ideas nothing brilliant £200 max
Old 14 January 2012, 08:46 AM
Xtwill
Scooby Newbie

I have a longlife stainless back box for sale. 5" diameter tail pipe, nice burble. Search my posts and see the advert in the for sale section. £50 plus £20 p&p or u can collect it yourself.

Will
Old 14 January 2012, 08:48 AM
mervil
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ProSpeed Exhausts in Cardiff will make you a bespoke one for around £170! You can choose how loud/quiet you want it
Old 14 January 2012, 09:34 AM
Carl Bleakley
Scooby Newbie

Will it fit a sport as i have still exhaust in house but i don't think it will fit
Old 14 January 2012, 09:43 AM
Xtwill
Scooby Newbie

Hi,

With Longlife they cut and weld their exhausts on. I am sure if you contacted long life in Cardiff they could advise you, might be able to sleeve it. When I had my new box fitted by long life in Swansea they said they could fit this to another car for about £40. So if it does you can buy the back box delivery and get it fitted for just over £100, the exhaust originally cost £199.

It's worth finding out.

Will
Old 14 January 2012, 12:53 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Carl Bleakley
want a stainless steel back box fitted to my impreza sport live in newport any ideas nothing brilliant £200 max
Just keep your eyes open for a second hand one on here, your not going to get the turbo noise as the sports headers are more equal, be carefully how loud you go as it will just become a noise in your ear. If it was me I'd be looking for a second hand magnex or similar retaining the oem look a little but letting just a little more volume out.
Old 14 January 2012, 07:50 PM
evil.soup
Scooby Senior

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I would avoid longlife like the plague to be honest, they really don't give a toss about their products once they have sold them to you and they are well over priced, in my experience at least.

Prospeed on city road Cardiff is the way to go as said above, or as Si above said, you could find a used one on here.

Charlie at prospeed will probably fit the longlife box for you if you go for that option and at £50 its not a bad purchase either.

Ian
Old 15 January 2012, 03:59 AM
mp24
Scooby Regular

I had a longlife exhaust fitted to my last impreza and quite a few people on here slagged them off saying I should have gone elsewhere ...
I also had another car a few years earlier fitted with a full longlife system and never had any problems with either .....
Old 15 January 2012, 04:02 AM
duckdo
Scooby Regular

longlife in swansea sorted my cat out on my cab when it snapped a few years ago ive had no problems since so from me
Old 15 January 2012, 07:53 AM
Xtwill
Scooby Newbie

Hi guys,

I have only dealt with the long life guys in Swansea this once and must say was well impressed with the service. Every long life centre is a franchise and I imagine standards may vary at the different branches.

When I was looking for a replacement back box on a budget before Christmas I couldn't find jack and would have happily paid this much for one.

Hopefully someone might want it.

Twill

Last edited by Xtwill; 15 January 2012 at 07:56 AM.
Old 15 January 2012, 08:59 AM
evil.soup
Scooby Senior

In terms of longlife I am just going on personal experience to be honest. I have had 2 systems from the longlife in Cardiff, the first was great and I had no reason for complaint but it was a simple straight system, the second was more complicated with 4 exits and did not fit correctly and when I went back some big fella came out with 2 scafold bars stuck one up each exhaust and started jumping on them to straighten it out, not great!!

I did pop back there when I first had the scoob to ask about a system as I didn't know about anyone else at the time. They told me that they don't build the scoob exhaust to spec but it comes in pre-made then they just slap it on, at one hell of a premium too!

Things may be different now but I know prospeed will beat them on cost every day of the week and I am yet to hear anything bad about them. Also the aftersales is great, charlie even fixed a problem that wasn't directly to do with the exhaust and didn't charge me for it even though he was tinkering for almost an hour.

Ian
Old 15 January 2012, 09:24 AM
Black-Hawk
Scooby Regular

Sounds good Ian, but me personally is go for a system that had been designed/developed/tested for a specific application, that's why I got mine from revolution subaru.
Old 15 January 2012, 10:44 AM
mp24
Scooby Regular

I have a tsl group n backbox in the garage off a new age, I think the hangers are different for it to fit your classic..
Old 15 January 2012, 11:34 AM
burning rubber
Scooby Regular

i used prospeed done me a good deal on a straight through 3" system but they didnt give a crap either didnt put a hanger baack in the rubber mount because it wouldnt fit left sharp bits of cut metal on the exhsust pipe where they cut old hangers off shabby work if im honest
Old 15 January 2012, 02:27 PM
R1CH D
Scooby Regular

Don't go to big on a non turbo as it will reduce back pressure resulting in power loss. iirc
Old 15 January 2012, 04:32 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default PROSPEED have moved.

Prospeed have moved.

http://www.pro-speedexhausts.com/whereweare.html

Last edited by The Trooper 1815; 15 January 2012 at 04:34 PM.
Old 15 January 2012, 06:30 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's what you need..

https://www.scoobynet.com/subaru-par...1-classic.html

I can vouch for Jay he's sound
Old 15 January 2012, 07:56 PM
Xtwill
Scooby Newbie

back box sold

xtwill
Old 16 January 2012, 08:12 PM
evil.soup
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by burning rubber
i used prospeed done me a good deal on a straight through 3" system but they didnt give a crap either didnt put a hanger baack in the rubber mount because it wouldnt fit left sharp bits of cut metal on the exhsust pipe where they cut old hangers off shabby work if im honest
I guess like everything its all a matter of personal experience really, but that is the first bad thing I have heard.
Old 16 January 2012, 10:38 PM
ryan33hks
Scooby Regular

I went to Prospeed for the exhaust on the Justy. Was a nice job and sounded as i asked, but had to wait around 5 hours and he almost "forgot" to fix replace the front flexi as he said he would. Apart from that though was happy.
Old 16 January 2012, 10:59 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by evil.soup
I guess like everything its all a matter of personal experience really, but that is the first bad thing I have heard.
Originally Posted by ryan33hks
I went to Prospeed for the exhaust on the Justy. Was a nice job and sounded as i asked, but had to wait around 5 hours and he almost "forgot" to fix replace the front flexi as he said he would. Apart from that though was happy.
I wouldn't touch Prospeed with a very long barge pole due to the problems I had when I took my S202 to them which ended up with 4 visits and the car still wasn't as I had asked.

I am not the only one who has had problems with Prospeed, I dare say if Charlie did all the work then all would be acceptable at best, but he appears to employ some right clowns and even Charlie messed up two of my visits.
Old 17 January 2012, 06:18 PM
Ryan@Indigo-GT
Former Sponsor

I used Longlife many years ago in Cardiff, they were fine tbh but a bit pricey, I started using ProSpeed, I've had 4 different systems from Charlie all together and they've been great, I've always made sure Charlie does the work though.
Old 17 January 2012, 08:18 PM
evil.soup
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder
I wouldn't touch Prospeed with a very long barge pole due to the problems I had when I took my S202 to them which ended up with 4 visits and the car still wasn't as I had asked.

I am not the only one who has had problems with Prospeed, I dare say if Charlie did all the work then all would be acceptable at best, but he appears to employ some right clowns and even Charlie messed up two of my visits.
Charlie did the work on mine as far as I am aware so maybe thats where the difference is??

Who knows mate, maybe I was just one of the lucky ones then
Old 17 January 2012, 08:39 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by evil.soup
Charlie did the work on mine as far as I am aware so maybe thats where the difference is??

Who knows mate, maybe I was just one of the lucky ones then
Ian, have a look at an older thread about Prospeed below:

https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/841609-exhaust.html