Notices

Sciffed By South Wales Police....

Search this Thread

Old 23 April 2011, 05:14 PM
ScoobyStu82
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sciffed By South Wales Police....

I got pulled over coming out of Cardiff gate services earlier by an unmarked Blue 3 series BMW. He pulled me for a "routine check" and noticed my car tax had expired....

I explained to him that I had renewed it online and also gave him the confirmation print out from the computer confirming the time, amount and date.

After reading through my proof that Id done it online and it had not arrived he then told me I had a bad attitude and started to get really arsy with me.

After his silly little rant he gave me a ticket for not displaying a valid tax disc even though Id just given him proof that its on the way.

He seemed to have a massive gripe with young lads in nice cars....T???ER
Old 23 April 2011, 05:18 PM
Rally fan 555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyStu82
I got pulled over coming out of Cardiff gate services earlier by an unmarked Blue 3 series BMW. He pulled me for a "routine check" and noticed my car tax had expired....

I explained to him that I had renewed it online and also gave him the confirmation print out from the computer confirming the time, amount and date.

After reading through my proof that Id done it online and it had not arrived he then told me I had a bad attitude and started to get really arsy with me.

After his silly little rant he gave me a ticket for not displaying a valid tax disc even though Id just given him proof that its on the way.

He seemed to have a massive gripe with young lads in nice cars....T???ER
Nightmare that - was a fixed penalty type ticket or were you reported via summons ?

You could always contest it in Court and take the evidence with you, you MAY be lucky and get a more amicable Magistrate.

P.S. I bet the car came back as being taxed when he did a vehicle check on you !!

Last edited by Rally fan 555; 23 April 2011 at 05:20 PM.
Old 23 April 2011, 06:35 PM
Pack_Scoob
Scooby Regular

Hi, the below link is to the direct gov website which stated there is a grace period regarding online tax disc purchases, its only 5 days though!

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...le/DG_10021514

Hope this is of some use?
Old 23 April 2011, 07:27 PM
deepy
Scooby Regular

Not being funny mate, but if you taxed it (assuming it ran out on 31/3) before it was due to start, that's at least 23 days you've had to get it sorted - hadn't you contacted DVLA to ask where the heck it was?
Old 23 April 2011, 07:58 PM
ScoobyStu82
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by deepy
Not being funny mate, but if you taxed it (assuming it ran out on 31/3) before it was due to start, that's at least 23 days you've had to get it sorted - hadn't you contacted DVLA to ask where the heck it was?
Iv been out in Oman with work and only got back into the country last Wednesday so didn't realise it hadn't arrived till then.

Iv spoken to the DVLA and they advised me that there's been alot of log books and tax discs getting stolen in the post at the moment.

Regardless if Ive spoken to them or not, iv kept my part of the deal, I paid my vehicle tax before it ran out. Just because some fat little jobsworth copper has had a bad doughnut he shouldn't be taking it out on me.

Last edited by ScoobyStu82; 23 April 2011 at 08:00 PM. Reason: correction.
Old 23 April 2011, 08:12 PM
goodyegg
Scooby Regular

Your right mate , the first time I had my scoobs some ****** pulled me over for not wearing a seat belt even though I was , cos they think that If ur young driving a scoobs that your some Chav that's gonna rag the **** out of your car and cause a problems ..dicks !!!, well most of them but my neighbour is one and he's alrlight hahahah
Old 23 April 2011, 08:19 PM
ScoobyStu82
Scooby Regular

Just text you dude
Old 23 April 2011, 08:49 PM
goodyegg
Scooby Regular

Received ..
Old 23 April 2011, 09:23 PM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like the same copper that stopped me in same place a few years back, his attitude was terrible. I was looking for a hotel showed him the address etc he said I looked like I was looking for somewhere to rob and then moaned how loud car was. Ideal for sneaking about and robbing places isnt it - didnt go down well.
Then after pnc check was clear and he had to let me go he wasnt interssted in giving me directions to hotel
Old 23 April 2011, 09:23 PM
notfub
Scooby Regular

Look at it this way, there are a lot of law abiding guys out there driving nice cars that have to pay for tossers driving with no tax and insurance etc. This guy was doing his job and has to put up with clever **** pikeys all day giving him ****. As far as I'm concerned the guy was doing his job and you were just unlucky due to your personal circumstances.

I am glad that the rozzers are clamping down on the tossers that make motoring more expensive for the law abiding driver out there. So while I sympathise with your situation, I'm happy that something is being done. Rant over, thank you and good night.

My tax, when ordered online, usually arrives within two/three days. If your going to throw your toys out of the pram, throw them at the DVLA......or don't drive without a valid tax disc, simple.
Old 23 April 2011, 09:25 PM
notfub
Scooby Regular

Saying that, there's no excuse for manners, and some rozzers do need bringing down a peg or two.....
Old 23 April 2011, 10:02 PM
deepy
Scooby Regular

Iv been out in Oman with work and only got back into the country last Wednesday so didn't realise it hadn't arrived till then.

Iv spoken to the DVLA and they advised me that there's been alot of log books and tax discs getting stolen in the post at the moment.

Regardless if Ive spoken to them or not, iv kept my part of the deal, I paid my vehicle tax before it ran out. Just because some fat little jobsworth copper has had a bad doughnut he shouldn't be taking it out on me.
Sounds a reasonable excuse to me, but your third para is irrelevant as the offence is failure to display a valid disc.

Stay calm about it and get DVLA to confirm your contact with them, that with evidence that you were out of the country should be enough to get **** Cop to back down.

If not you've got to decide whether its worth fighting on principle v cost.
Old 23 April 2011, 11:55 PM
S44M UK
Scooby Regular

Has any1 watched the program on tv ATM with foreign police over here ? A big tlking point with them on 1 episode is the lack of respect for police ? But wounder why try don't get respect ? I get it alot as I'm young (just 23) and it p15535 me off the way the talk to people it clearly comes up on their AMPR your car is tax'd and tested and insured just prob a Jelous that sum1 young can have a decent motor
Old 24 April 2011, 02:16 AM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

p[od gotta love the speed gestapo . i like the ones with tashs n beards that get cocky . being told just because you have a few hairs round your mouth doesnt entitle you to talk like a c u n t winds them right up but make sure 100% legal before using this one
Old 24 April 2011, 10:00 AM
Pack_Scoob
Scooby Regular

How has this degenerated into a rant againt all coppers??? As in any job you can meet one prat, but you can appeal any ticket, so it will be handed to someone else to decide the outcome.
Old 24 April 2011, 10:22 AM
ScoobyStu82
Scooby Regular

Don't get me wrong, I work with the police alot (armed response) and those guys are top blokes but even they agree that there are alot of "old school" type coppers still around that haven't changed with the times.

Times have changed and the world is no longer just black or white, you have to treat each case individually. YES I wasn't displaying a valid tax disc but only because I hadn't received it after paying for it over 4 weeks ago. Which I proved to him.

Im not a theif, dishonest or any kind of criminal and therefore don't appreciate being spoken to like one. Im not going to pay the fine and more than willing to take it to court (which I doubt it will even reach)
Old 24 April 2011, 10:45 AM
Pack_Scoob
Scooby Regular

ScoobyStu82, sorry, my reply wasnt aimed at you, i think the ticket youve been issued with is ridiculous and will get turned over at the first appeal stage, it will never hit court.

I was commenting about the other posts where it just started slagging coppers off, and before anyone comments, no i'm not one nor have anything to do with them!
Old 24 April 2011, 10:56 AM
ScoobyStu82
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Pack_Scoob
ScoobyStu82, sorry, my reply wasnt aimed at you, i think the ticket youve been issued with is ridiculous and will get turned over at the first appeal stage, it will never hit court.

I was commenting about the other posts where it just started slagging coppers off, and before anyone comments, no i'm not one nor have anything to do with them!
Friends.
Old 24 April 2011, 11:14 AM
Pack_Scoob
Scooby Regular

Old 25 April 2011, 04:26 PM
ryan33hks
Scooby Regular

Ive never met a tidy copper! The one your on about has pulled me 3 or 4 times
Old 25 April 2011, 05:45 PM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

going to slow again Ry???
Old 25 April 2011, 05:50 PM
birchy2010
Scooby Regular

I've got 2 friends who are both coppers and even they say some cops try to belittle the younger generation and quite openly take out there mood on people they pull over when on traffic. They even have odds on how many times some of them will get complaints about them a month!

I was on about this today at work. Simply there is a right way of dealing with people and a wrong way ...................
Old 25 April 2011, 08:54 PM
ryan33hks
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DannyBoy007
going to slow again Ry???
Think so mate, they seem to have taken a dislike to me around here.. lol
Old 25 April 2011, 09:03 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ryan33hks
Think so mate, they seem to have taken a dislike to me around here.. lol
I can't imagine why.
Old 25 April 2011, 10:34 PM
ScoobyStu82
Scooby Regular

I sent their ticket back to them today along with a letter of complaint........TBC!
Old 26 April 2011, 06:56 PM
goodyegg
Scooby Regular

Good on you !!!!!
Old 26 April 2011, 09:09 PM
Rally fan 555
Scooby Regular

What does Sciffed mean ?
Old 27 April 2011, 12:17 AM
ScoobyStu82
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rally fan 555
What does Sciffed mean ?
Lol "Sciffed" means fxxked over, shxt on.....
Old 27 April 2011, 08:43 AM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by S44M UK
Has any1 watched the program on tv ATM with foreign police over here ? A big tlking point with them on 1 episode is the lack of respect for police ? But wounder why try don't get respect ? I get it alot as I'm young (just 23) and it p15535 me off the way the talk to people it clearly comes up on their AMPR your car is tax'd and tested and insured just prob a Jelous that sum1 young can have a decent motor
The problem is the statistics. Between 17 and 27 years old your more likely to have :-

1. An accident.
2. No Tax.
3. No insurance.
4. No MOT.
5. Or all of the above.

A few of us witnessed a prime example a while ago at the Swansea meet, the **** on a quad and the berk in the BM. Sadly, it's the minority that get the majority the bad reputation.

Does not make up for the crap attitude of the police though.
Old 27 April 2011, 12:52 PM
REDBULL2
Scooby Regular

Don't get me wrong, I work with the police alot (armed response) and those guys are top blokes but even they agree that there are alot of "old school" type coppers still around that haven't changed with the times.

Times have changed and the world is no longer just black or white, you have to treat each case individually. YES I wasn't displaying a valid tax disc but only because I hadn't received it after paying for it over 4 weeks ago. Which I proved to him.

Im not a theif, dishonest or any kind of criminal and therefore don't appreciate being spoken to like one. Im not going to pay the fine and more than willing to take it to court (which I doubt it will even reach)
i got pulled by armed response for speeding they was top blokes fair play they talked tidy to me

Quick Reply: Sciffed By South Wales Police....