Notices

Why does my car like fighting me?? lol.

Search this Thread

Old 10 April 2011, 10:11 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why does my car like fighting me?? lol.

Been having a few issues with the car, basically after putting the new engine in I`ve had gearbox issues or something else playing up, so I`ve never been able to set her up properly.

So my injector wiring is furbarred (one that came with the engine), where the slightest touch to the plugs makes a missfire. Also been having boost issues. And an occasional EML for Coolant Temp Sensor.

So decided to have a look at the boost, ran the pipe from the turbine straight to the wastegate actuator, which should be 0.4-0.5 bar so 5/6psi ish, mine boosts to 9psi then before it can carry on she has boost cut. If I drive through lanes where its on off throttle a lot she`s fine, as soon as there is a long straight and the throttle is progressive then she cuts (no eml nothing).

Strange.

So decided to try and kill 2 birds with one stone, by removing the intake manifold and replacing the loom for a known working one on my old engine.

Taking it off was pretty easy, as I left the fuel rails etc all plumbed in still.

So replaced the offending loom, this being the old one.

So spent some time tidying up the replacement loom, new plastic shrouding, all wrapped up in insulation tape, so nice and tidy.
Put it all back on and then came the mare, the sodding oil breather pipes at the back, sodding things did NOT want to go back on, in no way form or other. Went into my garage for the spare engine and it had a nice Green silicon hose on it, removed it and cleaned it up SPLIT, so back to the crummy plastic pipe, finally on.

Car currently looks like this now, will finish it off tomorrow. As I`m currently ****ED and in need of a coffee!!

Anyone has an idea about the boost please let me know, as the bcs was plugged in but not connected, so I`m thinking it can ONLY be the MAP, and the sensor before it, as everything else was unplugged (doubt its MAF).

Anyways WILL be there Wednesday so if anyone wants to hazard a guess let me know.
Old 10 April 2011, 10:19 PM
DYL 4N
Scooby Regular

Bloody hell you've only had it back two minutes?? Lol.
Old 10 April 2011, 10:22 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DYL 4N
Bloody hell you've only had it back two minutes?? Lol.
Yeah I know, as I said I`ve never been able to set it up from when I put the engine in really as I`ve always had a dead box, or some other issue. Now she works I can get to the bottom of these niggles.
And make hay while the sun shines.

Person who built the engine did a fair bit of work all the inlets are ported!!

Last edited by Jimbob; 10 April 2011 at 10:29 PM.
Old 11 April 2011, 05:49 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

All back together minus some brackets for the intercooler (have never been used lol), so started up and she ticks over sweetly, revs up nicely and sounds a LOT better at tick over than she did, nice and smooth.

Anyways noticed that I have a slight blow in the exhaust, nowt major, but new gaskets will solve that.

My cars given up fighting for now, how long for I really dunno lol.