Notices

Come on Cardiff!

Search this Thread

Old 22 May 2010, 02:22 PM
KJD Mk1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Come on Cardiff!

In the play off final, let's have a Welsh club in top flight football.
Old 22 May 2010, 03:24 PM
mervil
Scooby Regular

I'm not a footy fan but do like Cardiff's odds
Old 22 May 2010, 04:09 PM
RB211
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Started off so well
1-0 up
1-1
2-1 up
2-2
2-3 down
Now Half time......

COME ON CITY !!!!!!!!!1
Old 22 May 2010, 04:55 PM
KJD Mk1
Scooby Regular

Sloppy goal just before 1/2 time cost Cardiff in the end. Never mind good luck Blackpool.
Old 22 May 2010, 04:56 PM
gallois
Scooby Regular

unlucky cardiff
Old 22 May 2010, 06:05 PM
mike h
Scooby Regular

Are the fans fighting yet?
Old 22 May 2010, 06:06 PM
ryan33hks
Scooby Regular

Blackpool were the better team anyway!
Old 23 May 2010, 06:56 AM
scoobyp1
Scooby Regular

Now for Cardiff to declare themselves bankrupt, lose all their players and start the season with -10 points.
Division 1 next year......

HA HA !!

Last edited by scoobyp1; 23 May 2010 at 04:24 PM.
Old 23 May 2010, 09:08 AM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyp1
Now for Cardiff to declare themselves bankrupt, lose all their players and start the season with -10 points.
Division 1 next here......

HA HA !!
I don't know you jacks...

At least Cardiff got to the playoffs and didn't fold right at the end I seem to remember Swansea being on the verge of bankruptcy as well plus being on the verge of going out of the football league altogether.

I mean you did have those glory days down the Vetch when John Toshack was in charge and where is John from I wonder?

I am not a football fan and do not follow any team,but I would always want any Welsh team to do well.
Old 23 May 2010, 04:24 PM
scoobyp1
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=Cannon Fodder;9412281]I don't know you jacks...

At least Cardiff got to the playoffs and didn't fold right at the end I seem to remember Swansea being on the verge of bankruptcy as well plus being on the verge of going out of the football league altogether. :eek

I mean you did have those glory days down the Vetch when John Toshack was in charge and where is John from I wonder?

I am not a football fan and do not follow any team,but I would always want any Welsh team to do well. [/QUO

You dont follow a team ? seems like your a bluebird the way your having a pop at Swansea.
As for Toshack - he's a Pr**K, always has been and always will be

If that was Swansea playing yeserday then every Cardiff fan would have been cheering for the opposition. Thats the way it is - stupid football mentality

Swansea and Cardiff fans are the only supporters that go away and fight each other when following our international team.
I went to follow Wales a few years back and as soon as this guy heard my accent he and his mates wanted to fight me, and i was with my missus
Old 23 May 2010, 09:54 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyp1
You dont follow a team ? seems like your a bluebird the way your having a pop at Swansea.
As for Toshack - he's a Pr**K, always has been and always will be

If that was Swansea playing yeserday then every Cardiff fan would have been cheering for the opposition. Thats the way it is - stupid football mentality

Swansea and Cardiff fans are the only supporters that go away and fight each other when following our international team.
I went to follow Wales a few years back and as soon as this guy heard my accent he and his mates wanted to fight me, and i was with my missus
No sorry I don't follow any football team apart from Notts Forest when I was in my youth, this was when Archie Gemill and the like were at the club and Brian Clough was in charge.

To be honest it is due to all the trouble between any fans that put me off football and the fact that when they score a goal they all have to start kissing and hugging each other.

I was not 'having a pop' at Swansea that's all I was trying to point out is that why laugh at Cardiff's loss? I know that if the situation was reversed then Bluebird's fans would be doing the same, but for the life of me I cannot understand the pure hatred that exists between the two sets of fans.

To be honest I can understand why you think that Toshack was a pr1ck, after all he turned the Vetch into a retirement home for aged Liverpool players who were well past their sell by date.

It was due to the lean that Liverpool had against Swansea in lieu of the unpaid transfer fees owed to them that Swansea lost some of it's best youth players to Liverpool as they had the pick of the bunch FOC.

But remember Toshack did take Swansea from the old fourth division to the first divison in 4 years and I don't think that anybody else has matched this since.

To be honest I far prefer rugby even if my own team the Scarlets have fallen right back into the weeds whilst the Ospreys are doing well.

Plus there is never any crowd trouble at a rugby match even when the Ospreys play the Blues or the Scarlets play the Ospreys, there is always good natured banter and taunts but nothing else.

After all football is a gentleman's game played by thugs and rugby is a thug's game played by gentlemen.
Old 23 May 2010, 10:01 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder
No sorry I don't follow any football team apart from Notts Forest when I was in my youth, this was when Archie Gemill and the like were at the club and Brian Clough was in charge.

To be honest it is due to all the trouble between any fans that put me off football and the fact that when they score a goal they all have to start kissing and hugging each other.

I was not 'having a pop' at Swansea that's all I was trying to point out is that why laugh at Cardiff's loss? I know that if the situation was reversed then Bluebird's fans would be doing the same, but for the life of me I cannot understand the pure hatred that exists between the two sets of fans.

To be honest I can understand why you think that Toshack was a pr1ck, after all he turned the Vetch into a retirement home for aged Liverpool players who were well past their sell by date.

It was due to the lean that Liverpool had against Swansea in lieu of the unpaid transfer fees owed to them that Swansea lost some of it's best youth players to Liverpool as they had the pick of the bunch FOC.

But remember Toshack did take Swansea from the old fourth division to the first divison in 4 years and I don't think that anybody else has matched this since.

To be honest I far prefer rugby even if my own team the Scarlets have fallen right back into the weeds whilst the Ospreys are doing well.

Plus there is never any crowd trouble at a rugby match even when the Ospreys play the Blues or the Scarlets play the Ospreys, there is always good natured banter and taunts but nothing else.

After all football is a gentleman's game played by thugs and rugby is a thug's game played by gentlemen.
Cardiff will probably nose dive into oblivion, sad but true.

As for the post above. Ymlaen Llanelli!!