Notices

Euro Drift Championship

Search this Thread

Old 24 September 2007, 02:48 PM
WRX RCY
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Euro Drift Championship

We went to the Euro Drift Championship at Chepstow on Saturday with the Teamosaka boys.
Had a great day and it is really fanatastic watching a drift championship and alot different to just watching them go round the track at a show.
The twin drifting is amazing and the skill in the drivers was awersome to watch.

One of the Teamosaka boys entered and finsihed 8th overall and earned his drift licence.

Thought I would share some pics with you.

This is Mark from Teamosaka

We all had our ribbons also as a mark or respect.

Excellent Drift Queen- The only woman drifter

Old 24 September 2007, 04:27 PM
spuddy
Scooby Regular

Nice Pics, u got pm
Old 25 September 2007, 10:40 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

When's the next one? Looks fun! Weld those diffs! D
Old 26 September 2007, 10:25 AM
wide
Scooby Regular

Im still out on a verdict of drift, watching a rally car go sideways around a forest is class, but seeing some cars go around a track course I guess would be exciting for a short time then would become pretty monotenous. Pics were good to see.
Old 26 September 2007, 10:40 AM
WRX RCY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wide
Im still out on a verdict of drift, watching a rally car go sideways around a forest is class, but seeing some cars go around a track course I guess would be exciting for a short time then would become pretty monotenous. Pics were good to see.
sort of thought the same until I watched a championship, like I said its completely different to watching them go around Castle combe on a normal track day. I think it is when they reach the final 16 or 8 thats when they twin then it gets exciting. Hard to explain unless your there watching I think but it was a fab day. Can't wait to the next.

There were two rounds in chepstow which have both gone now but for info on the euro drift is here Index Eurodrift
Old 26 September 2007, 09:30 PM
MisterMelon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wide
Agreed its class watching them fly past, but they are gone past in seconds while you wait for the next one to come i guess its the similar sort of thing watching them go around the drift circuit but you get to watch them do the whole course.
I went on saturday and i didn't know what to expect, but i had a good day. Like WRX RCY said it gets interesting when they start the twin drifting and when you got the likes of the Toyota Levin 1.6 drifting and sticking with a skyline it becomes very interesting. I think you need to actually go and sample one of these events because i thought the same about drifting until the weekend.