Notices

Pistonheads Run!!

Search this Thread

Old 20 August 2007, 08:19 AM
evil.soup
Scooby Senior

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Pistonheads Run!!

I know some people were interested in this last time so i thought i would post it up for those who may want to go. As long as my brakes are sorted, i will be going, fingers crossed!

16th September 07 run

The route is going to be the same route as the run in April 1st. I thought it would be good to use this again as it was such a success.
It will be on challenging, fun roads with two stops, one for a quick cuppa, and the next for a carvery dinner in a very nice hotel with our own private conference/ball room, if numbers are good. There is good parking and a fuel station just around the corner.
The carvery will be a choice of:

Beef
Pork
Turkey

There will be a kid’s menu available

The manager has agreed to make some veggie food available for the tree huggers.
Pls say when adding your name if you wish to eat. Including passenger.
Also if you require a veggie meal.

Itinerary

Once again we will meet at J30 on the M4 at 10am, and leave at 10:30am sharp. Driving to the story arms bikers car park for 11am, for 15 min stop, to collect others that may want to start at this point. Setting off at 11:15am, heading off to our first stop.
Arrive at the first stop at 12:00 for a break and refuel if needed.
Second stop will be at ~1:30pm 2pm after a challenging 50 mile drive finishing at the hotel for the dinner.
The last section is a nice easy drive that gets faster and harder arriving in Abergavenny bikers/bus station.

The total trip including photos, dinner stops and driving . . will take 5-6 hours, and will be a 190 mile trip
Maps will be handed out on the day with route details.

Bring a walkie talkie and a TomTom if you have one, if you require the electronic route for TomTom, please email me. I will post this out the night before the run

16th September 07 South Wales Run