Default Showroom South Wales

Any you guys had dealings with Showroom South Wales,

Trying to get a couple of things sorted on the car and its like, well
Old 22 January 2007, 04:12 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Flopsy one for you I think. He works fo MB in Bridgend. Hope this helps

Last edited by The Trooper 1815; 22 January 2007 at 04:15 PM.
Old 22 January 2007, 06:15 PM
MisterMelon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes m8 bought my car from them, the little back street place in skewen? i was promissed the wing mirror to be fixed by the time i picked the car up but it wasn't. I took the car on good faith that they would get it done for me but still no joy, its only been a week but it should have been done for me to drive away :S
Let me know how you get on.
Old 22 January 2007, 09:32 PM
WRX RCY GEM
Scooby Regular

Is that the garage opposite the Ritz chippy?
Old 23 January 2007, 09:29 AM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

I know from experiance that a new wing mirror cost £106+Vat, Your's will need spraying as well so add another £25-35 for that.
Old 24 January 2007, 08:42 AM
cogin
Scooby Regular

Yeah oppisite the chippy in Skwen.
loads of problems with ours

1: They said they would do full valet but theres still very noticeable marks on the head lining.
2: The battery clamp wasent fitted when we went to colect, made them do it there and then, they still go it wrong, it was only clamped to the battery.
3: The boot roller cover wasent sorted.
4: Rear wash didnt work, fills the boot with water
5: Leak in boot round one of the light clusters
6: Gear stick gater wasnt fitted propley
7: All four tyes have cracks round the sholders (MOT fail)

And as if that went enough the header tank has started leaking and the ECU shows fault code 21, water temp sensor.

They dont seem to want do do anything about it and all i get is the runaround, very helpfull.

I am loathed to take the car back to have these problems sorted as they did such a good job of preparing the car for colection
Old 24 January 2007, 10:38 PM
flopsy
Scooby Regular

what sort of deal did you make when purchased the car was it sold as seen
or did they say they would sort any faults with vehicle before delivery,
they should be regulated by the f,s,a so any problems they could be an
option,
Old 25 January 2007, 08:41 AM
cogin
Scooby Regular

Problems 1,2 and 3 should have been sorted before pick up, the rest we found on the way home, the tyre problem a couple of days later and the ecu and header tank this week.

They said we were getting 3 month waranty, which was to cover everything except the tyres (i cat see haw these even got through the mot),so far they havent made good on any thing dispite daily phone calls.

I now see they offer a 6 month waranty with options to extend, wonder what thats worth!!!
Old 25 January 2007, 07:27 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Phone trading standards. Simple!

Chip
Old 01 February 2007, 05:51 PM
esp ltd
Scooby Regular

You need to list all your complaints in writing, 3 copies.....one for you, one for trading standards and one for the garage which must be sent by recorded delivery. As a dealer myself i would take notice as this will form a decent basis for a compensation or forced repair action against the dealer, i would also point out that Rome wasn't built in a day so some things do take a little time to get sorted so give polite but persistant calls to them and i'm sure you'll get there in the end!!
Dave.
Old 01 February 2007, 07:45 PM
evobad
Scooby Regular

Default bunch of cowwwwwwwwwboys

Originally Posted by esp ltd
You need to list all your complaints in writing, 3 copies.....one for you, one for trading standards and one for the garage which must be sent by recorded delivery. As a dealer myself i would take notice as this will form a decent basis for a compensation or forced repair action against the dealer, i would also point out that Rome wasn't built in a day so some things do take a little time to get sorted so give polite but persistant calls to them and i'm sure you'll get there in the end!!
Dave.
yes iv had big problems with them in past ,went down ther to test drive skyline gtr silver 1 so we went out for a drive which he never went past 40mph then he put some petrol in that was unleaded ,well we went back he said what a fast car i thought jesus we didnt go past 40mph he replied saying we hav just had car in from japan its missing it needs new plugs etcplus full service ,then he said do u like car make me an offer car was up for £5995 i said £4600 but everthing has to be done he said ok we will need 7days to sort it out he then asked me for deposit so i left deposit of £500 went back after 7 days the old git wasnt ther only his side kick well he said the car is ready to go its a 200mph car ,i said be for i pay the rest lets take it out for a spin guess what it was empty again ,we got to the garage he didnt hav any money so i payed for the petrol well finnaly i was going to give this baby a good pasting then bang bang the smoke every wher & mising it had droped a few valves we mangaged to get back he said are u still having car i said the only thing i want is my money back he said no can do ,then he phoned the old kit up he said dont giv him no deposit back ther is nothing wrong with car only needs plugs i was nearly with he then said i will send your deposit to u by post 4months later no deposit so i phoned him up he said if u keep ringing il do u over then his wife phoned me 2days later & said she was sorry & the money will be in your bank 2night ,thats all i can say is thanj gooooood his wife has got a bit of sence cause he hasnt the silly old kit
Old 01 February 2007, 11:07 PM
esp ltd
Scooby Regular

That's not good! I don't usually take a deposit unless the customer insists and would instantly refund if they had a genuine gripe with something. Skylines will run badly on poor fuel and especially wrongly gapped plugs but it seems strange to lose a sale over a £75 set of plugs
Some dealers prefer to take a chance that the customer will not return but a quick, firm but polite call can make all the difference with any problems so keep at them...........especially for £500, i damn well would!!
Dave.
Old 04 February 2007, 05:05 PM
cogin
Scooby Regular

Quick update

Finaly got a responce from them, after a head gasket went!!!

They are comming to colect it tomorow to do the repair under waranity, and they can dam well sort out the rest of the problem while its there!!!

If i get the runaround in the morning letters will be in the post by PM.

Thanks for the advise, will keep u posted.
Old 04 February 2007, 06:14 PM
MisterMelon
Scooby Regular

well im still getting the run around about my wing mirror its been 3 weeks now since i picked the car up, problem is i havent got anything on paper to say they were going to get it done before i picked it up could that cause problems on my part?? im up for putting letters in the post though so give me a shout if you go through with it.

Melon.
Old 11 February 2007, 11:18 AM
cogin
Scooby Regular

They currently have the car for repair, hopping to get it back Monday, if not im going down there to drill some knee caps.

You got to keep on thier backs, it seams the only way to get through to them, phone the mobile number off the web site showroomwales.co.uk
you do seam to get more response that way, you must speak with John or his wife, the monkeys at the yard aint got a clue whats going on.

Keep at them, failing that i got a nice powerful cordless you could borrow!