Notices

Not a good day! any advice?

Search this Thread

Old 12 August 2006, 05:33 PM
WRX RCY GEM
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not a good day! any advice?

Last week we took delivery of the new de-cat down pipe and centre section from scooby mania.

When we measured up the centre section did not meet up with the back box. So I phoned Scooby mania and they explained that "because the back box is JAP and the new section is UK its a different spec and would not meet up".
So I phoned Pro-Speed in Cardiff and asked if they could make up a section to add on , they said yes....hey presto,job done .....or so I thought.

Took car up to Pro-Speed this morning at 9am, left car there while we had a little shop around in cardiff. Then we get a phone call at 12 to say "the down pipe is the wrong one".
We walked back over and he showed us that the flange on the down pipe did not match up with the turbo outlet
.....so we have a problem now.

Pro-Speed charged us £80 for their labour

I get home and phone Scooby Mania straight away to explain the situation. They told me the part they have sent is correct, yet Pro-speed say different.

I said to scooby mania that we will have to return the items. they said ok but I have to pay the postage.
I have already folked out £80 which am annoyed about now I am expected to pay the postage on the exhaust too.

What am I gonna do about this?????
Charlie at Pro-Speed was great and said he would phone Scooby Mania on monday morning and see what he can sort out with them.

But at the moment it looks like I am £80 down and postage to send back exhaust which I don't know how much its gonna cost
Old 12 August 2006, 06:33 PM
SW Sport Pilot
Scooby Regular

This sounds a right pickle. Maybe their part numbers says the sent right one but packer picked up wrong one. this was the reason a local zorst fitter actually pointed me in the directon of made to measure over pre made bits

Charlie gets my vote and once im sorted with what needs doing to mine im gonna have him do my sports cat down pipe. id imagine he knows whats needed on a wrx since simon has that black m reg i believe outside, now that is loud

sounds like scooby mania have made a mistake there hope it gets sorted out for you

cheers

Ian
Old 12 August 2006, 08:48 PM
S.P.Developments
Scooby Senior

Location: In the workshop or under some one elses car. PROJECT RA 09 IS GO.

You need to learn to walk before you run, that is not ment in a nasty way, there are many people out there with loads of info if you only ask first...

John
Old 12 August 2006, 09:06 PM
WRX RCY GEM
Scooby Regular

Thank you John.

I hope this doesn't sound rude when I say this but what should I have asked for before hand.
I only say because I always do my research before hand but maybe I have slipped up on this one.
Old 12 August 2006, 09:13 PM
S.P.Developments
Scooby Senior

YHPM

John
Old 12 August 2006, 09:27 PM
WRX RCY GEM
Scooby Regular

cheers
Old 12 August 2006, 09:30 PM
S.P.Developments
Scooby Senior

You are welcome..

John
Old 12 August 2006, 09:37 PM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

If I bought a downpipe from an online retailer and it was advertised on their website as being suitable for my make of car, if it then turned out to be the wrong part I'd want a full refund, inc. return postage.

Unfortunately you'll probably struggle to get them to fork out the £80 you spent, however if they have either sent you the wrong part, or it's incorrectly advertised, they are at fault.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect them to cover at least some of the £80 either, as you have bought the part in good faith and paid a professional to fit it. If it then turns out to be the wrong part, again they should be at least partly liable for any expense you incurred.

I'm not saying you're likely to get anything out of them towards the £80 but it's worth pursuing it, IMHO.
Old 13 August 2006, 01:34 PM
pippyrips
Scooby Regular

it there any chance the car has had mods before your bought it causing things that should fit not to?
Old 13 August 2006, 01:40 PM
Jamie120182
Scooby Regular

if they sent you the wrong part they should be liable and cover the £80, and the P&P. is it the standard turbo
Old 13 August 2006, 01:49 PM
sammyh
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Afaik all classic downpipes are the same on the turbo side, the only thing that changes is the bore size but thats only on aftermarket systems.
Old 13 August 2006, 03:02 PM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

As sammy has said I thought all down pipes were same except for bore, I know the scoobymaina two pipe down pipe has a funny gasket, Simb found that out.

I'd be getting them to collect the lot and asking for a full refund.

The items they have supplied are simply not suitable for the job intented and you are therefore entitled to a full refund. You do have rights as a customer even more rights with it being mail order. you do need to communicate in writting that you are rejecting the goods and retain a copy IE: email

Then have a word with either H&S or have a chat with David @ API with regards to one of the Scoobysport down pipes and mid sections

Last edited by DannyBoy007; 13 August 2006 at 03:05 PM.
Old 14 August 2006, 01:44 PM
WRX RCY GEM
Scooby Regular

Well, we are still in the middle of sorting this out, so far i have spoken to trading standards and they informed me that i am well within my right to return the goods.
So I am just waiting to here from Scooby mania regading the matter.

Its been doing my head in all weekend and is driving me up the wall at the moment.
Old 14 August 2006, 02:31 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Get the thread in the SN main bit then tell Scooby Mania that their rep is in the spotlight. May help