Holidays in Cali

Search this Thread

Old 08 June 2006, 11:20 PM
SW Sport Pilot
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holidays in Cali

Evening all

Last few years i have done myself out of a holiday while saving for other stuff but after talking to a few uni friends ive decided that wanna get out and do something. Back at the rolling road day at powerstation i was talking to one gent (sorry didnt catch a name but was putting a silver kitted WRX classic on the rollers for a friend) and i believe he mentioned that him and a mate went out to California, hired a viper and a mustang for a few days fairly cheaply and drove around.

I fancy doing this sort of thing, driving along the california coastline in a viper has a certain appeal

so id appreciate any advice on how to go about doing this if some one has done this or has looked into it in the past.

Cheers

Ian
Old 09 June 2006, 08:57 AM
scoobyp1
Scooby Regular

http://www.bhrentacar.com/

http://www.specialtyrentals.com/default.aspx

http://www.hotcarsmiami.com/carsintl.htm

Here are a couple of sites i looked at when i was thinking of doing the same thing....
Old 09 June 2006, 09:24 AM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like the holiday of a lifetime
Old 09 June 2006, 02:10 PM
tay05
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SW Sport Pilot
Evening all

Last few years i have done myself out of a holiday while saving for other stuff but after talking to a few uni friends ive decided that wanna get out and do something. Back at the rolling road day at powerstation i was talking to one gent (sorry didnt catch a name but was putting a silver kitted WRX classic on the rollers for a friend) and i believe he mentioned that him and a mate went out to California, hired a viper and a mustang for a few days fairly cheaply and drove around.

I fancy doing this sort of thing, driving along the california coastline in a viper has a certain appeal

so id appreciate any advice on how to go about doing this if some one has done this or has looked into it in the past.

Cheers

Ian

That was me!!
I took scoobypeterpumps car on the rollers then mine (the kitted one). We did go to California but as for the cars we actually hired them in Las Vegas and they were a viper RT-10 and a Ferrari 348. We only hired them for the day...but what a day, awesome fun. Viper was by far the better and faster car. Be careful though the viper was very twitchy with the back end even with the hot Nevada desert roads and with 315 tyres. U should have seen the attention we got in the viper, the yanks love em. Taking both cars through a drive through together was fun, loads of people taking photos! If i remember right, it cost us £240 with insurance for me and my mate to drive the viper (both under 25). Not too bad £120 each, what an experience though The rental company we used was www.dreamcarrentals.com
If u need any more info just pm me. Taylor
Old 09 June 2006, 08:32 PM
Dan W
Scooby Regular

Location: Secretly saving for another Blobeye STI. Crystal Grey. Widetrack

i hope to get around to doing something similar but I would like to hire an old muscle car; ideally a Plymouth Roadrunner but i would settle for a barracuda, or the equivalent Dodges - the Charger or Challenger. having said that I love most of the muscle cars so tbh i'm not fussy.
Old 10 June 2006, 03:03 PM
tay05
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dan W
i hope to get around to doing something similar but I would like to hire an old muscle car; ideally a Plymouth Roadrunner but i would settle for a barracuda, or the equivalent Dodges - the Charger or Challenger. having said that I love most of the muscle cars so tbh i'm not fussy.
Dan they had old cars too, see the link above for a full list of cars
Old 10 June 2006, 07:43 PM
Dan W
Scooby Regular

Location: Secretly saving for another Blobeye STI. Crystal Grey. Widetrack

Originally Posted by tay05
Dan they had old cars too, see the link above for a full list of cars
Nice one