Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Super unleaded in West Scotland

Search this Thread

Old 05 September 2001, 11:18 AM
Govert
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used to live in Eastern Scotland where getting super unleaded was not a big problem for my Legacy T. I was well isntructed by my dealer, previous owner, never to run unleaded 95 on this car. For holidays on the west coast I tended to use another car due to limited availability, Can some of you tell me where I can get super unleaded in the area from say fort William / Skye to further up north. Back in the Netherlands now but plan to go there for holiday. If somebody knows of a website where fuel stations are listed against type of fuel available, would be ok also

Regards,

Govert

Old 05 September 2001, 11:35 AM
chuckster
Scooby Regular

Cool

I just got back from a brilliant holiday based in Beauly near Inverness. You can get SUL all over the place these days.
Invernes, Beauly, Ullapool, Broadford(Skye), the Esso just north of Fort William (past the Shell which had none ) - all these for sure, I also spied it in a few other places but didn't need it at the time.
I didn't stuggle once for SUL
hmmm I did manage to spend close to £400 on the stuff though, did ALOT of driving
Chuck
Edited to say these were all Esso except Beauly(Optimax 98!), other petrol stations were NUL only in the same area's

[This message has been edited by chuckster (edited 05 September 2001).]
Old 05 September 2001, 01:59 PM
JohnS

The Esso in Fort William sells Super (or it did the last time I was there), as does the one in Ullapool (though we emptied the tanks on the last Tour d'Ecosse!).

As Chuck says, there are a couple of places in Inverness that sell it (Esso just off the A9 as you come into Inverness), and you can also get it at the Shell garage in Contin (between Inverness and Fort William).

As there is less on average about 60 miles between all of these places, then you should never go short.