Notices

I love my car

Search this Thread

Old 09 April 2006, 02:23 PM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I love my car

I haven't really had the opportunity or inclination recently to remind myself of the reasons that I bought my scooby in the first place, then lavished money on it - particularly in search of more horses.

As I only live 10 miles from work, a lack of mid-wales runs recently and having been laid up for the last week, I don't ever seem to be able to "give her a blast".

So today I put some time aside to take her out, filling the tank with SUL and checking the tyre pressures, washer fluid, etc.

WHAT A RIDE!!! Impreza's are the dogs dangly's, no ****

I've just (safely ) torn up the countyside for 3/4 hour, culminating in a left-hand hairpin that I normally amble round. I got her on boost, took it wide on the entry and floored it.

Back-end-out-action followed by a very smooth 4-wheel slide!!!

I know there'll be people who disapprove (luckily PSLewis doesn't frequent the Welsh section) but what the hell. Surely we haven't all spent good time and money on a car that looks great at the shows/meets, displays great power on the Rolling Roads, but never gets tested on the asphalt and gravel.

10/10 for Subaru for producing, what must be, a legendary car.
Old 09 April 2006, 03:11 PM
white
Scooby Regular

Can't fault you mate. It was designed to be driven this way so why not exploit it's full potential. As soon as I get mine, I'll take the recommended time running it in but after that I won't be shy in giving it some ****.

Enjoy the car fella
Old 09 April 2006, 05:04 PM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

Rich, you live in the wrong part of Wales, Everyday is a track day down these parts!!!!!!
Old 09 April 2006, 06:44 PM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DannyBoy007
Rich, you live in the wrong part of Wales, Everyday is a track day down these parts!!!!!!
Dan - if you ever fancy a day out in the lanes round your way (followed by a night on the beer down your local ) let me know.

I'd be only too happy to take our cars out then sink some beers!
Old 09 April 2006, 07:55 PM
novarally
Scooby Regular

[quote=Trap2Terrorist]Dan - if you ever fancy a day out in the lanes round your way (followed by a night on the beer down your local ) let me know.

I'd be only too happy to take our cars out then sink some beers! [/quote
Sounds like a cracking idea lets get it on
Old 09 April 2006, 08:27 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I have a cunning plan!!!!!
I'll reveal all on Wednesday...................... Big Brother may be watching
If you can't make it PM or E-mail only. I know who you are

June is a good looking girl Rich you can hitch a lift
Old 09 April 2006, 09:27 PM
MBK
Scooby Regular

Nice post Rich, glad to know others are out having fun...Scooby's are what Sundays were made for!! Amazing how easy it is to burn £40 optimax in less than 150 (s)miles

3 times I have left Scoobyland and 3 times I have returned. Nothing (in my price bracket!) can match the noise, the sensation, the kick in the back and the way the car hooks up around corners and makes just about any driver feel like a true hero of WRC.

And the odd 'moment' just tells you that you are trying hard enough!!
Old 09 April 2006, 09:31 PM
NoCatSTI
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Trap2 I have been looking to replace my car for the last year or so (just a whim) but

a) I cant find something i like better, (for the money) (T25 v expensive but loovely)

b) My car puts a smile on my face every day i drive it

You are spot on.... great cars

What other car would you have money no object??

Ans: Litchfield T25 in grey or blue
Old 09 April 2006, 11:22 PM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

(I even went back out for "seconds")
Old 10 April 2006, 04:55 PM
wide
Scooby Regular

Nice one Rich , glad to hear you vented any frustrations you may have had, tis the only reason that stops me from getting rid of mine - a good blat
Old 12 April 2006, 09:54 AM
DJ Huxley
Scooby Newbie

Not sure where you are in the country but a trip to the Elan Valley around Rhayader in Mid Wales is a must for any Welsh Scooby owner.

I did that the first weekend of owning mine and knew I'd made the right decision. Got up to Rhayader early on the Sunday morning and had the roads all to myself for a few hours. And what fabulous roads they are. The twisty winding mountain road between the top reservoir and Devils Bridge needs to be driven. Makes you feel like a proper rally driver.

Me and my missus were enjoying that run so much, we only stopped when we hit the coast over at Aberystwth. Had some lunch then picked another windy road back across the country.

Thats the thing to do guys, get out of the over-populated M4 corridor and head to the mountains, it'll put smiles on your faces.

Damo
Old 12 April 2006, 11:06 AM
pippyrips
Scooby Regular

the Preselli montains have some great roads too - you can also see for a while so know what on the roads ahead
Old 12 April 2006, 01:18 PM
matscooby
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by DJ Huxley
Not sure where you are in the country but a trip to the Elan Valley around Rhayader in Mid Wales is a must for any Welsh Scooby owner.

I did that the first weekend of owning mine and knew I'd made the right decision. Got up to Rhayader early on the Sunday morning and had the roads all to myself for a few hours. And what fabulous roads they are. The twisty winding mountain road between the top reservoir and Devils Bridge needs to be driven. Makes you feel like a proper rally driver.

Me and my missus were enjoying that run so much, we only stopped when we hit the coast over at Aberystwth. Had some lunch then picked another windy road back across the country.

Thats the thing to do guys, get out of the over-populated M4 corridor and head to the mountains, it'll put smiles on your faces.

Damo
I'll second this quote, I had a excellent day out up there with my old STI RA when I went to watch the rally at the sweet lamb stage.

Its quiet, peacefull and lots of nice road to enjoy yourself especially when there's gloroius sun-shine.
Old 13 April 2006, 11:14 AM
DJ Huxley
Scooby Newbie

I'm off up the Elan Valley for a blat early tomorrow morning as it happens. Need to make the most of tomorrow cos I'm meant to be doing up our kitchen for the rest of Easter weekend.

Never tried the Preselli mountains, pippyrips, where are they by?

Damo