Notices

New to impreza ownership

Search this Thread

Old 22 October 2005, 11:06 PM
gingerboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up New to impreza ownership

Joined SN a few weeks ago - although not welsh myself the wife is. Live near Pontypool now proud owner of a MY53 STI PPP with TSL 333, I have never been so afraid of a car as the 1st time I drove it on the test drive. Thankfully now used to the performance, of course it's blue with gold wheels.

Don't intend any mods as the tsl conversion is more than enough to be going on with. Anyway hello to every body in the area, not that many scoobys around our area that I see on a regular basis - so far the ones I have seen are a P1, a L reg white Impreza poss STI - not to sure with rear lexus / LED style lights - whoever the owner is he was behind me today and the other night I was behind him. Keeps it very clean, nice car and a credit to the owner - wish I had the time but with two nippers under 3 years old the weekends seem to be the only time the car gets spoilt. Oh and another 03 STI in blue with gld wheels possibly from the bleanavon area?

Nice to see that the locals do the scooby wave thing which freaked me out the 1st few times but soon got the hang of it .

Anyway hope to hear from some of you soon and hopefully see you out and about on the roads of Wales - off to Cardiff tomorrow (Sunday) so who knows I might see some of you during the journey to and from.

Paul
Old 22 October 2005, 11:28 PM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

Welcome Paul .

Got any pics of the 'beast', always good to see a new car?

There are quite a few regulars on here, (I'm fairly new myself) and some of the guys organise local meets in South Wales to compare notes and cars plus general chat.

I like the comment "Don't intend any mods as the tsl conversion is more than enough to be going on with." We'll see, that was my intention with my standard bugeye WRX and since then I've bought.
  • Momo gear ****
  • White reflectors/repeaters
  • Magnex exhaust and decat centre
  • Green panel filter
  • Walbro 255 fuel pump
  • Front grill
  • 18" Gunmetal Rota GRA's
  • Red/white caliper paint
  • Booked in for an ecutek remap in a weeks time
Rich.
Old 22 October 2005, 11:49 PM
gingerboy
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the welcome Rich.

Honest I can't think of anythin that needs modding as I have done the headunit and speakers - could not live with the standard setup - whoever signed off the stereo @ subaru wants shooting!

Looks like you have been busy - only a few mods cough cough. The kids seem to drain any spare cash, and if they haven't the scooby soon see's to it that something needs doing - hey but it's bloody worth it for sure!

As soon as I can i will post some pics - need to take some first, bit busy at the mo with one thing and another but will try a make the effort to give her a clean and take some pics soon.

Paul
Old 22 October 2005, 11:50 PM
dexter
Scooby Regular

Gingerboy, I live nowhere near you mate (Northwest), but welcome to the forum mate, and enjoy your new motor, as it sounds the dogs-whatsits.

Take care.
Old 23 October 2005, 12:19 AM
turboDean
Scooby Regular

Welcome. Car sounds very tidy, should keep you smiling for a while.

I'm from Risca, but am quite often over your way, so you might well see me about, i also planned on keeping my car standard when i bought it now 2 years later have spent £000's on it. i have a silver my00 turbo it on a w plate with:

crystal lens (Side, front and repeater)
fully colour coded
17" 5 spokes
full 3" exhaust
FMIC
Vf34 turbo
Tek3 remap
and a few other performance bits.

Should try and make the next local meet.
Old 23 October 2005, 12:20 AM
chrisgarner
Scooby Regular

welcome m8

regards chris garner sidc. welsh regional organiser tel 07957168548.

Old 23 October 2005, 10:15 AM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!

Welcome to the fold and look out for some meets and events comming up

simb
Old 23 October 2005, 10:51 AM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

welcome, there's a couple of things organised at the moment, we're having a meet at the toby carvery at junction 30 on the 1st of november, pop along for a chat, I'd like to check out some more of TSL's work.

With regards to "I don't plan any mods", we've all said it and now look where we are: bigger wheels, bigger brakes, bigger turbos, remaps, bigger exhausts, different spoilers, splitters, tints, induction kits, front mount intercoolers, dump valves, different grills, fog covers, different lights (Not lexus as they look ****)

The next roller coaster leaves in ten minutes, All aboard!!!!!!!
Old 23 October 2005, 01:11 PM
KJD Mk1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome aboard
Old 23 October 2005, 10:29 PM
gingerboy
Scooby Regular

Cheers for all the welcomes - as for mods, might consider tinting! But will have to wait the cars just had pads f & r (Brembo sport comps - Oouch) / 30k service and 4 tyres + got a nasty crack in the windscreen on Friday so thats being replaced tomorrow @ Autoglass in Cardiff, thankfully the insurance covers it so it was £60.

I can live with getting the car spot on and ready for winter but it has been particularily expensive during the last 6 weeks. Heyho - hopefully thats it for a few months other than fuel of course. But she's well worth it although I did leave her in the garage today and took my crappy works car - Focus C-max 1600 TDCI - let me tell you that is one seriously fast car............................................... .................................................. .................................................. .........YEAH RIGHT, it is a complete sack of crap! It's better than walking but only just, yes it keeps me dry, yes it has electric windows blah blah but it also gives me an horrendous bad back due to the fact you sit on it rather than in it, it handles like crap and it's worth booking an appointment with any speed above 30mph about 2 hours in advance. Did I enjoy my trip to Cardiff today - NO, did the wife keep laughing at the performance - OH YES, you see she uses the scooby on a daily basis and I get the sh*t box...... sorry Focus.

How did I end up with the focus - my own fault I'm afraid, waiting for a new shape passat estate, 2 kids & 2 boxer dogs so one of the cars has to be practical. Unfortunately their is a long wait ahead and when they asked what I wanted as a hire car I stupidly said something medium sized and economical - hence the focus c-max, believe you and me I won't do that again in a hurry.

Sorry I'm off on one here - once again cheers for all the replys and hopefully I will see some of you in or around the area, maybe one day I can get to one of the meets.

Cheers guys - please stop mentioning mods, mind you it would look nice with some 18" wheels.................................. "note to self - must stop considering mods for scooby"

Paul
Old 23 October 2005, 10:38 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Paul welcome to the mod house

Seriously for a second... if you have just had 4 new tyres wheel alignment at
http://www.powerstation.org.uk/ will be worth it, will not cost much for your car and you will get it back with better tyre wear in the long run, the handling will be transformed.

Come to the next meet if you can and meet the gang

Simon
Old 23 October 2005, 10:49 PM
gingerboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Silver Scooby Sport
Hi Paul welcome to the mod house

Seriously for a second... if you have just had 4 new tyres wheel alignment at
http://www.powerstation.org.uk/ will be worth it, will not cost much for your car and you will get it back with better tyre wear in the long run, the handling will be transformed.

Come to the next meet if you can and meet the gang

Simon
Cheers Simon

Thanks for the advice - I am awaiting a n/s rear strut under warranty which is being fitted next Saturday (the obligatory knocking noise on bugeye and newage imprezas I believe), knew I had forgotten something. Was going to see if they would do the alignment as well - if not I will take the missus to Cheltenham for a shopping trip whilst I shoot over to powerstation .

Will try and get to the next meet - but the kids tend to keep me busy, but who knows?

Thanks for the advice

Paul

ps - any idea of cst for alignment at powerstation??
Old 23 October 2005, 10:52 PM
KJD Mk1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gingerboy
Cheers Simon

Thanks for the advice - I am awaiting a n/s rear strut under warranty which is being fitted next Saturday (the obligatory knocking noise on bugeye and newage imprezas I believe), knew I had forgotten something. Was going to see if they would do the alignment as well - if not I will take the missus to Cheltenham for a shopping trip whilst I shoot over to powerstation .

Will try and get to the next meet - but the kids tend to keep me busy, but who knows?

Thanks for the advice

Paul

ps - any idea of cst for alignment at powerstation??
Your looking at around the £70 mark.. and worth every penny
Old 23 October 2005, 11:00 PM
gingerboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kjdmk1
Your looking at around the £70 mark.. and worth every penny
Cheers KJD - thats not bad at all!! Will defo look into it dependant on what happens once the shock is fitted.

Cheers

Paul
Old 23 October 2005, 11:16 PM
KJD Mk1
Scooby Regular

Cheers KJD - thats not bad at all!! Will defo look into it dependant on what happens once the shock is fitted.

Cheers

Paul
For the money its about the best mod you can do , it does make such a difference and powerstation is the place to have it done.
kev
Old 24 October 2005, 02:28 PM
big daz2
Scooby Senior

Joined SN a few weeks ago - although not welsh myself the wife is. Live near Pontypool now proud owner of a MY53 STI PPP with TSL 333, I have never been so afraid of a car as the 1st time I drove it on the test drive. Thankfully now used to the performance, of course it's blue with gold wheels.

Don't intend any mods as the tsl conversion is more than enough to be going on with. Anyway hello to every body in the area, not that many scoobys around our area that I see on a regular basis - so far the ones I have seen are a P1, a L reg white Impreza poss STI - not to sure with rear lexus / LED style lights - whoever the owner is he was behind me today and the other night I was behind him. Keeps it very clean, nice car and a credit to the owner - wish I had the time but with two nippers under 3 years old the weekends seem to be the only time the car gets spoilt. Oh and another 03 STI in blue with gld wheels possibly from the bleanavon area?

Nice to see that the locals do the scooby wave thing which freaked me out the 1st few times but soon got the hang of it .

Anyway hope to hear from some of you soon and hopefully see you out and about on the roads of Wales - off to Cardiff tomorrow (Sunday) so who knows I might see some of you during the journey to and from.

Paul
welcome paul hope you can make it to the meet on the 1st.see you soon
daz
Old 24 October 2005, 03:57 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

333 sticker on the Tail. Turned right at the Heath Pub today about 3.35 am.? Silver Prodrive Lights Bugeye behind.
It's a small world.
Old 25 October 2005, 11:52 PM
gingerboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Blue Dragoon
333 sticker on the Tail. Turned right at the Heath Pub today about 3.35 am.? Silver Prodrive Lights Bugeye behind.
It's a small world.
That was me - did see you, you turned left. Was on my way to Autoglass for a new windscreen, but that was 3.15pm I hope otherwise somebody's nicked our car!! It is a small world.

Paul
Old 26 October 2005, 08:54 AM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Cavalry never on time!