Dinos back from his crash...

Search this Thread

Old 17 November 2004, 02:59 PM
Dino1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dinos back from his crash...

As sum of u know, i owned a civic.
i had a little prang in the car and have just had the okay from the hospital.
i'm gonna buy another honda again.

So enjoy the pics.....

so she use to look like this:

http://forum.hondarevolutions.com/setups/?setupID=487

but now she looks like this:

http://marcdino.fotopic.net/c300576.html
Old 17 November 2004, 05:06 PM
KJD Mk1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to see your back on your feet... or is that wheels take it easy mate
Old 17 November 2004, 08:00 PM
Twigster Home
Scooby Regular

Dear god no!! He was bad enough the first time!!!
Old 17 November 2004, 09:48 PM
matscooby
Scooby Senior

Where did that happen to and how.
Old 17 November 2004, 11:03 PM
Twigster Home
Scooby Regular

Quote "I was doing 50 and braked to avoid a bunny rabbit".

Animal rights..... I always said it would end in tears!!
Old 18 November 2004, 03:55 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!

Originally Posted by Twigster Home
Quote "I was doing 50 and braked to avoid a bunny rabbit".

Animal rights..... I always said it would end in tears!!

hhhhhhhmmmmmmm

Mark.....this needs changing: Miscellaneous
- The nations greatest 5dr honda driver.

People your welcome to post what he should change it to

simb
Old 18 November 2004, 04:20 PM
baz sti 8
Scooby Regular

$hit dino glad ur ok m8,soooooo what happend??

baz
Old 18 November 2004, 04:31 PM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

Holy mary mother of god!!!!

And you walked away from that one, or was it carried on a stretcher???

And it looks like you spent a bundle on it since USC, Glad your okay though.

Danny Boy
Old 18 November 2004, 06:53 PM
Twigster Home
Scooby Regular

Carried away on a stretcher with shoulder damage and a broken arm mate. He's a very lucky boy but TBH I think in terms of damage and injury it looks worse than it was. Still, some classic bending in half of a metal lamp-post, hence the roof damage!!!

Change the profile to.......

The worlds worst liar!! 50mph my ****!! and as if there was ever a rabbit!!!
Old 18 November 2004, 07:23 PM
KJD Mk1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where did this lamp post... opps sorry bunny... jump out at dino
Old 18 November 2004, 10:07 PM
Twigster Home
Scooby Regular

I think he should answer that, not for me to say really. He's alright though, and won't flinch from his original story so he might be telling the truth. Benefit of the doubt I suppose!!!
Old 19 November 2004, 08:37 AM
real_welshboy
Scooby Regular

Doesnt look too bad, nothing dentmaster cant fix
Old 19 November 2004, 05:14 PM
Dino1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Twigster Home
He's alright though, and won't flinch from his original story so he might be telling the truth. Benefit of the doubt I suppose!!!
You knows it twiggy.

As for the story, It all happened one dark night... the wind was howling through the trees, the branches and leaves were rustling, the hedges twitching with wildlife and the early evenibg mist was starting to settle......

anyway cut to the chase... I was driving back to my house in chepstow from caldicot, so decided to do the shortcut and go up and over Dewstow.

As i was approaching the Golfcourse, the road dips away and hangs left.
as i came over the Crest circa 50mph @ night, low & behold there stood my friend the easter bunny. Being the idiot that i was i reacted, in respect of not depriving all the kids of their eggs next year. Mid corner i proceeded to hit the brakes, car slip as was greasy and placed a wheel on the grass.... (BIG NONO......) This in turn put me into a slide on the grass at 50mph (where i tried to accelerate out of slide) and proceeded to sideswipe about 20yards of fence and bush. While sliding sideways, there hidden (or not so hidden) amongst the hedge and fence was the almighty metal lamppost..(Didnt see it coming...GULP) as i was facing perpindicular to the angle of the fence while sliding through it i side swiped the lampost at 50mph. This inturn flattened the car behind my drivers seat, bent the lamp post 90 degrees (A FOOT FROM THE BASE!!!) and put me into a tumble. Apparently flipped at least once but was told 3 times by coppers and landed on the wheels.All i heard was a HUGE BANG as we hit the post & a Bang as we landed on the wheels............................................ .........

I then open my eyes, while slumped forward and look across at my passenger and I quote " Dan i think we just crashed"..
Fortunateley Dan was completeley unscathed... he climbed out the window of the passenger side and proceeded to prize my car door open. I got out the car feeling as if id been 10 rounds with Mike Tyson, head spinning like a ******. As we rolled the roof had come down on the back of my head leaving me with a 4" flap of skin waggling in the wind on the back of my head. While walking (a bit wobbily) i looked down and saw my arm dangling by my side. Tried moving it and couldnt shift it a bit.. I was like " Errrrr Dan. I think ive broken or dislocated my arm" 5 minutes later, two cop cars and ambulance are there, I get questioned & breathalised by the police, & i wasnt even in hardly any shock. Felt pretty normal and when my family and friends turned up at the old crash site, i was still laughing & joking. Weird!!
The ambulance guys then put me on a Backboard witha neckbrace & then my arm started to Freaking kill when they moved it.
Got to hospital & they plugged me with Morphine....Wow!!! that stuff is seriously cool.

Turned out i had broken my Humerus about an 2 inches down drom the socket and was a clead break and the bones had slipped down along side each other. They have left it like that, with an inch overlap of the two points where the bone broke. Inturn leaving me with my right arm 1 inch shorter that the other.

Pretty scary ride all in all, but intend to keep my eyes peeled far more in the future for hazards i hadnt even contemplated.

Very lucky 2 be here & a very valuble lesson learned.

Thanks 4 listening dudes.

Marc
Old 19 November 2004, 06:12 PM
Twigster Home
Scooby Regular

:cough: Bollocks :cough: only kidding mate.

Like I said though, way too much amateur dramatics and wailing for my liking, just crash the car and drive home after. Arms and stuff can be fixed in the morning!!

*****!
Old 19 November 2004, 07:37 PM
matscooby
Scooby Senior

Very lucky indeed, I've had a few close calls on that stretch of road myself including tonight with a F***ing tractor. But good to see your okay.
Old 19 November 2004, 09:51 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!

Originally Posted by Dino1
You knows it twiggy.

As for the story, It all happened one dark night... the wind was howling through the trees, the branches and leaves were rustling, the hedges twitching with wildlife and the early evenibg mist was starting to settle......

anyway cut to the chase... I was driving back to my house in chepstow from caldicot, so decided to do the shortcut and go up and over Dewstow.

As i was approaching the Golfcourse, the road dips away and hangs left.
as i came over the Crest circa 50mph @ night, low & behold there stood my friend the easter bunny. Being the idiot that i was i reacted, in respect of not depriving all the kids of their eggs next year. Mid corner i proceeded to hit the brakes, car slip as was greasy and placed a wheel on the grass.... (BIG NONO......) This in turn put me into a slide on the grass at 50mph (where i tried to accelerate out of slide) and proceeded to sideswipe about 20yards of fence and bush. While sliding sideways, there hidden (or not so hidden) amongst the hedge and fence was the almighty metal lamppost..(Didnt see it coming...GULP) as i was facing perpindicular to the angle of the fence while sliding through it i side swiped the lampost at 50mph. This inturn flattened the car behind my drivers seat, bent the lamp post 90 degrees (A FOOT FROM THE BASE!!!) and put me into a tumble. Apparently flipped at least once but was told 3 times by coppers and landed on the wheels.All i heard was a HUGE BANG as we hit the post & a Bang as we landed on the wheels............................................ .........

I then open my eyes, while slumped forward and look across at my passenger and I quote " Dan i think we just crashed"..
Fortunateley Dan was completeley unscathed... he climbed out the window of the passenger side and proceeded to prize my car door open. I got out the car feeling as if id been 10 rounds with Mike Tyson, head spinning like a ******. As we rolled the roof had come down on the back of my head leaving me with a 4" flap of skin waggling in the wind on the back of my head. While walking (a bit wobbily) i looked down and saw my arm dangling by my side. Tried moving it and couldnt shift it a bit.. I was like " Errrrr Dan. I think ive broken or dislocated my arm" 5 minutes later, two cop cars and ambulance are there, I get questioned & breathalised by the police, & i wasnt even in hardly any shock. Felt pretty normal and when my family and friends turned up at the old crash site, i was still laughing & joking. Weird!!
The ambulance guys then put me on a Backboard witha neckbrace & then my arm started to Freaking kill when they moved it.
Got to hospital & they plugged me with Morphine....Wow!!! that stuff is seriously cool.

Turned out i had broken my Humerus about an 2 inches down drom the socket and was a clead break and the bones had slipped down along side each other. They have left it like that, with an inch overlap of the two points where the bone broke. Inturn leaving me with my right arm 1 inch shorter that the other.

Pretty scary ride all in all, but intend to keep my eyes peeled far more in the future for hazards i hadnt even contemplated.

Very lucky 2 be here & a very valuble lesson learned.

Thanks 4 listening dudes.

Marc

Thanks for that short story Mark...What really happened??

simb