Notices

Speeding Tip............

Search this Thread

Old 30 November 2002, 07:55 PM
scoobyp1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was told this 1 by mate. He's a traffic cop in Swansea.. '
Apparently, if you put a Compact Disc behind the grill of your car then you cant get done for speeding. If the camera tries to take a pic then the outcome is just a big blur. Worta try dont you think ?
Old 30 November 2002, 08:02 PM
Spooky
Scooby Regular

It's a load of bollocks. At best it causes a bit of white-out in the flash in the area where the CD is, but it won't obscure the entire frame...

More than anything else, it gives the people who examine the speed cam photos a good laugh...
Old 01 December 2002, 03:46 AM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Sounds interesting mate. Only problem is, is that the gatso's take your pic from behind so it would have to go on the back of the car. Wouldnt a mirror be better? I think it might? Problem with having reflective things on your car such as a CD etc, is that when you are gunned by one of those revenue generating vans it is actually easier for them to lock on to you with their laser gun because it increases the lasers strength or something thereby increasing the likehood of you getting done. I might be wrong but im sure i read this somewhere, only it mentioned the reflective numberplates.

Keep the ideas coming though guys. I was thinking of those pen lasers you can buy,and being positioned on your back bumper so that they shoot across the numberplate. Woulnt this over expose the film of the camera in the event your pic was taken???????? Just a thought.

Lets get some great minds on this one cos its fast becoming daylight robbery with these tw*ts.

Regards
Scrappy

Old 02 December 2002, 11:26 AM
R.B.5
Scooby Regular

oink oink lads! **** i meant Oi Oi...

lol

Be careful now you pair dont say too much about the cops cause Richardmis will be in here to gatecrash the party.

/me gets out the party poppers and council pop
Old 02 December 2002, 02:00 PM
richardmis
Scooby Newbie

To R.B.5

Not gatecrashing, or commenting on the topic of this thread, responding to your comments about me. It would seem that I have upset you with some of my earlier postings. If you disagree with what I have said in earlier postings thats fine, but argue against the points raised, don't attack the person maing them, unless you can't argue against the points raised, so have to make comments about the person instead.

Richard
Old 03 December 2002, 09:09 AM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Oh no here we go again

RB5 where you been mate? You just dissappeared. Nice to see your back attacking peeps as per.
Old 04 December 2002, 09:37 AM
R.B.5
Scooby Regular

lol Richy me ole mukka, me ole pal. C'mere n gimmie a big hug.

Scrappy oink oink matey! I'm back and with a vengance! You gonna e-mail me about your recent troubles??

Old 05 December 2002, 03:09 PM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Wus up RB, i finally sorted them now. That hoe is off my back as well as the other guy. haha with alittle bit of persuasion i might add. Im back in the singles game now so lock up your daughters Whats been happening mate, anything interesting?
Will mail you soon.

Shake hands now you two!!

Scrappy