Notices

Buying new from Keith Price

Search this Thread

Old 13 October 2002, 12:39 PM
Mike Stokes
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Anyone here bought a new Impreza from KP? After a poor 1st impression of them whilst getting my turbo serviced there I'm not so sure about buying from them. Being new to the area doesn't help! I had a cracking relationship with the dealer I used from buying the car and would go back if they weren't on the opposite side of the country!!

This deal that Subaru UK have on at the moment is very tempting, even more tempting is the fact that KP have offered to do me a new WRX for under 18k!! I'm just waiting for a comparison deal from Palmers in Carlisle to see if the p/x price KP have offered is fair. If not I'll go to Palmers.

I assume a few of you must have bought from them in the past, just interested in your sale and after sales experiences of them that's all. They do appear to have some very expensive 'classic' shape Impreza Turbo's, which makes me think the price they've offered for mine isn't that good.

Thanks.
Old 14 October 2002, 12:21 AM
GarethE
Scooby Regular

Hi Mike,

I'm in a very similar position to you in as much as I'm clocking around 32000 miles a year, so will probably see you at the dealers in the near future!

Saw your comments on the earlier thread about CVC, but didn't have chance to pen a reply, and while sorry to hear you had a bit of a bad impression of KP, can appreciate that some of the "finer" points of servicing can be a bit lapse. However when it comes to keeping my car on the road and completing the service efficiently and competently they have never let me down. All the problems I have had over the last 150000 miles, with the two Scooby Turbos bought from them in the last 5 years have been sorted properly...anything that caused problems wasn't the dealers fault, and the staff always bend over backwards to help me out.

Not sure about the pricing though...I am up the garage later this week to hopefully pick the car up after major repairs so will have a look and see what the prices are like.

Feel free to email me as per profile, if I can help out further.

Regards

Gareth
PS... Sorry to hear about the courtesy car, I've got the Justy while mine is in, but believe me I'm probaby doing you a favour anyway !!! :-)

Old 14 October 2002, 01:38 PM
Mike Stokes
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that Gareth, no doubt we will bump into each other given the mileage we both seem to do!!

TBH, as I said, the service appears to have been done quite well, but the impression I got was "we know we're the only one's nearby that can help you, so take it or leave it" if you see what I mean.

Just waiting for a price from Palmers, but it does seem from other threads like the price is *very* negotiable on these run out cars, so I'll be waiting a couple of weeks before deciding. I also need to drive a WRX saloon, the estate I had a quick go in on Saturday was noisier than my current car!!

Just need the price to drop a bit further now eh!
Old 14 October 2002, 10:40 PM
Hel
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Mike, we never bought our car from Keith Price, but have it serviced there. we bought ours from cardiff before cvc were dealers and i`m sorry we didnt buy with KP. They didnt have a demo there but let me and my husband and brother out in turbo estate and the oldest of us was 25 at the time unaccompanied. KP have been a subaru dealership for a long time not just 4 years like CVC.
If your not keen on KP have you tried Tileys they have a good name.
Old 14 October 2002, 11:03 PM
JCSTI
Scooby Regular

Smile

I bought my first scoob from CVC and will continue to get my 2nd, 3rd etc from there. CVC may not have been a subaru dealership for a very long time but I would still recommend them. Even when I had ordered my car they still let me borrow the same model car for an hour, which I though was pretty good of them. I havent had any dealings with Keith Price, I will have to go up and have a look, but i'm sure KP is OK.

By the way, I dont work for CVC.
Old 14 October 2002, 11:25 PM
GarethE
Scooby Regular

Mike,

It seems from your comments and others on this thread, and other threads regarding dealerships, that that the relationship with the dealer is built up over a period of time. You obviously had a good relationship with your previous dealer, in the same way that I do with the staff at KP, and knowing the team there I see no reason why you shouldn't with them...its probaby just a case of becoming a "regular face".

I commented on the thread about CVC that you will always find people who will swear by a dealer, and then someone who would swear AT the same dealer, such is life.

Talk to the team at KP if you have concerns, they will try to put things right...believe me they won't want to lose a customer that is spending as much money as you and I are likely to put their way.

Gareth

Old 15 October 2002, 05:59 PM
Mike Stokes
Scooby Regular

Cheers Gareth, I'll be having a chat with them in a couple of weeks when I next get a chance to go in and drive the new saloon demo car that John's having, apparently it wasn't to be taxed until tomorrow, so give it a couple of weeks to be run in then I'll try it out.

You're right though, it's about building up a relationship with the dealers, I'll be seeing enough of them and chucking enough money at them over the next few years!!-

Palmers have offered a very good price for my car in p/x, which KP would have to match though. That's my next question for them!!
Old 15 October 2002, 10:17 PM
GarethE
Scooby Regular

Wink

Mike...will let you now what the car is like...due to take some photographs of it for John when its all completed and ready to hit the road.

If's its any good I'll keep it while mine is in, and you can try out the Justy ;-)...and I assure you, you will never appreciate your own car more than after spending two weeks with the Justy !!!! (lol)

Cheers

Gareth
Old 15 October 2002, 11:33 PM
Mike Stokes
Scooby Regular

Gareth

I've *seen* John's new car, it's *rather* nice. If I do buy a new one, it's gonna be a real toss up between a WR Blue or a Silver one.

If you're running it in, I expect it to be nicely loosened up by the time I have a go :-)

Must e-mail you soon....
Old 18 October 2002, 08:15 AM
richard_scs
Scooby Newbie

Bought two imprezas from KP and no complaints. I fact they have always gone out of their way to be helpful when it comes to servicing, as I average 1000 miles a week they always try to squeeze me in so I am not without my car when I am travelling.
Old 01 November 2002, 10:14 AM
scrappy_doo
Scooby Regular

I have heard good things about Keith Price however I called to book my car in MY94 Import they basically said Subaru has instructed them not to work on imports....is that like a thing they have to say cause they said they would look at it.
Turbo problems loosing boost after the Inlet so I think it could be intercooler plastic crappy pipe.
We shall see though.