Notices

Cardiff main dealer

Search this Thread

Old 20 August 2002, 07:36 PM
Turkish1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hi guys, fairly new to this website so dont know if anyones asked about this. What are CVC in Cardiff like, price, service etc?
Have heard lots of bad stuff from this site about certain other dealers and am worried about where to take my car?
Cheers in advance
Turkish 1
Old 20 August 2002, 08:10 PM
msp1
Scooby Regular

Personally I've always received excellent service from CVC. Loan of a P1 and an STi7 while car was in for work (also had a justy so not all good news). When I bought my latest scooby it had Avon tyres fitted, told them I wasn't happy and 2 days later they called me and told me they had a set of Toyos waiting for me on new wheels. So far I'd give them 10/10.

Mike
Old 20 August 2002, 08:37 PM
sammyh
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Unhappy

No comment
Old 20 August 2002, 09:28 PM
Hel
Scooby Regular

Angry

CVC charged £60/70 labour (no parts needed) 30 months ago,when the car had its first service with them (6 mts)Didnt buy car off them Evan williams jnr lost their franchise. Never been back there.. Keith Price did the equivilent job for free two weeks ago.
Old 20 August 2002, 11:38 PM
Mad 1
Scooby Regular

Have used them since they had the franchise after Evan Williams.
Always had top class service
Old 21 August 2002, 03:25 AM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Took my car in for a service a while back. They charged me for engine oil which they did not put in. Just caught it in time 2 weeks later. Never again.
Old 21 August 2002, 09:31 AM
Steve_H
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

They were OK for the first two visits....

After that it just went downhill....

Wrong parts ordering, extremely difficult to get refunds, being left / ignored by people for over 15 minutes....

need I continue...Keith Price now seem a hundred times better.

Old 21 August 2002, 05:52 PM
MARK MORRIS
Scooby Regular

Smile

always been good for me, bought two cars off them, they arnt very quick though and they always rip you off with screenwash, had one service done at the old swansea dealer, cheaper than cvc, had a price from the new swansea dealer who tried telling my wife that a p1 was an import and they were £10 more expensive than cvc
mark
Old 21 August 2002, 09:53 PM
Turkish1
Scooby Regular

Wink

Cheers for the advice, think I will try Keith Price instead

Turkish 1
Old 21 August 2002, 10:47 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

KP.
Wouldnt trust them with my kids scooter let alone my car.
They should stick to tractors from the fields up there.

Chip.
Old 22 August 2002, 04:07 PM
STI MAN
Scooby Regular

Wink

Absolutely no problems with CVC.

MSP1, I take it you also had the Green Justy...Had to brake hard in that one day....urm, car went almost sideways on a damp road almost forgot I wasn't in the STi!

I'm probably their only customer to come from the Isle of Man to have my car serviced as well, so they can't be that bad

[Edited by STI MAN - 8/22/2002 4:09:57 PM]
Old 23 August 2002, 08:04 PM
R BURNS
Scooby Regular

CVC DONT WASTE YOUR TIME GO TO KEITH PRICE TRUST ME
Old 23 August 2002, 10:02 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

So, whats wrong with CVC then?

Chip.

Old 24 August 2002, 09:38 PM
Hel
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

A mate has had 2 engines off them now 1 in WR RB5 and another in his P1. Did say hed go to keith price now.
Old 04 September 2002, 08:12 PM
crusher
Scooby Regular

CVC....DON'T DO IT!...I know Chip had a bad experience up at Keith Price...but I've had no problems so far..it's now 4 times that the car has been there...It would be easier to go to CVC as I live in Cardiff...but no way!
Old 11 September 2002, 01:32 PM
Mike Stokes
Scooby Regular

Having just moved to Abergavenny from Northampton a few weeks back, I'm hoping Keith Price are OK for servicing (MY00 DBM Turbo) as it's due it's 45k service in about 4 weeks time, working in Hereford makes it a bit difficult to get down to Cardiff!

There's a few Scoobs in AberG ain't there!!

Seen the DBM MY02 in the car park by the caff in the centre of town, along with an older guy with a DBM MY00 same as mine but with gold wheels. I'm the DBM with the WRX rear wing....
Old 11 September 2002, 08:19 PM
Mike Stokes
Scooby Regular

Thanks. I've got a power delivery prob with mine as well, it's surging under medium to full throttle (boost related mebbe) so I'll be interested to see whether they're any good at solving problems. I'll be getting them to investigate it under warranty *fingers crossed*...
Old 12 September 2002, 11:45 PM
phaynes
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Hi all,

Just to let you know i had my first service (37500) since purchasing the car at CVC today.

Having heard lots and generally being quite nervous (Always get screwed when it comes to car stuff). I was pleasently surprised.
Not only was i made to feel comfortable, I was constantly informed about what was going on. Regularly offered coffee etc.
and generally felt welcome and this was only for a minor service.

As well as the service, i queried the following:

Heatshield resonating
Scratched windows
Re-fitting of rear sils

This was the outcome

Rear sils = Fitted PROPERLY by removing rear bumper & using all new clips etc.

Scratched windows = Inspected, removed all interior door panels and checked (Well...don't know really) but did say about how dust & grit accumulates...blah blah..Openly said that i wouldn't have a chance of getting new glass off Subaru UK especially on an extended warrenty but they would see about having them polished out etc.

Heatsheild = To be replaced along with FRONT/DOWN PIPE!! under warrenty next wednesday! and i didn't even report a fault with this! but they said it WAS faulty.

Also......

Chatted about some minor mods i would like to do including Scoobysport BB...."Get it for next wednesday and we'll fit it F.O.C. being as we're working on the exhaust..."!!

So all in all I am very pleased with the service i got today & have every intention of using them again.

BTW they did top up the screen wash ;-)

Hope this has helped
Paul

PS. The car WAS purchased from them in FEB 2002
Old 23 September 2002, 02:18 PM
scrappy_doo
Scooby Regular

I had my car done on a saturday, they couldn't be bothered really but still they found the following:-

Underboosting - duuuhhhh I told them that !
rear shock gone
Gear box spring gone - they said gear box out job ver expensive.

back to my warranty company I go
result was new shock, gear box spring fits clips on bottom of to make gear selection corect took 2 mins to do if that so they were ripping me on that one if I was going to have it done.
They charged me £70 to tell me the above !
I changed all possible parts at the warranty company with no result......then tried intercooler and much better but still a bit dodgy when engine is cold.
They seam to charge by the hour to just investigate the problem so unless they are **** hot then you will be paying for thier wasted time pissing about then the to fit or adjust the problem.
so all in all mixed opinion.
Old 23 September 2002, 10:46 PM
GarethE
Scooby Regular

Smile

Just to thrown in my 2P's worth it seems that you will always find customers who are extremely satisfied/ dissatisfied with any service centre, and not just Subaru's.

Personally, I have never used CVC, always Keith Price as the two Imprezas I've owned were supplied by them.

I clock up high mileage, my MY00 with PPP is not yet 3 years old but about to go in for its 90000 service, and my pervious MY98 did 45000 in 15 months. All servicing is done by KP and have never put a foot wrong as far as I'm concerned, although it will be interesting to see if they sort out power delivery problems similar to those discribed above.

They always pull out all the stops for me, but so they should the amount I pay every year !!!!!

As I said can' t comment on CVC, but Keith Price do an excellent job

Gareth
Old 25 September 2002, 06:46 PM
JCSTI
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

HI,

I have known CVC for a while now and i have never had any problems with them. I would definitely recommend them!

Old 30 September 2002, 12:41 PM
STI MAN
Scooby Regular

Wink

I have known CVC for a while now and i have never had any problems with them. I would definitely recommend them!
But you just flitter your eyelids....

[Edited by STI MAN - 9/30/2002 12:42:18 PM]
Old 30 September 2002, 01:11 PM
JCSTI
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

'Flitter my eyelids' - dont be soft

Have you had problems with them then?
Old 03 October 2002, 09:57 AM
LeonB
Scooby Regular

They have always gone out of their way to help me out every time I go down there.

Got my drive in an sti PPP soon aswell!

I hope it's the same as the development one they had at the promotional/track day at castle coombe earlier in the year!

[Edited by LeonB - 10/3/2002 12:59:14 PM]
Old 03 October 2002, 11:41 AM
JCSTI
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

The PPPs are in at CVC then? I have been waiting ages for them to come in. I will be paying them a visit this weekend then!!
Old 03 October 2002, 12:58 PM
LeonB
Scooby Regular

I don't think they are there yet but they are high up the list for their demo to be done.
X2WRX said he was fitting his today so i assume they have started to be sent out now.
I was told i'm 30th in the queue by IM
Old 03 October 2002, 01:00 PM
STI MAN
Scooby Regular

How come everyone is high up in the queue, as i was told i was fifth.....and sixth

Old 03 October 2002, 01:07 PM
LeonB
Scooby Regular

Cool

Surely if you were 5th/6th then you'd have had yours done as part of the first 8 that were released?

I just hope that the exchange ecu's from the first batch get sent back quickly so us lot later down the queue can get our done soon!
Old 03 October 2002, 03:20 PM
STI MAN
Scooby Regular

Nope,

5th AND 6th at CVC!

Old 08 October 2002, 02:46 PM
Mike Stokes
Scooby Regular

Well, car was serviced at KP yesterday, 45k service so it was the biggie.

General thumbs up for the servicing, they seem to have fixed the hesitancy under throttle by cleaning out the boost sensor and the MAP sensor, so that's a good thing and the service seems to have been done well.

Downsides: Was promised / booked a WRX demo car as I'm getting close to changing mine. Got there, no WRX and no courtesy cars left, by the time they realised there were no cars left, mine was already on the ramps sans fluids so I couldn't cancel. Major booboo I'm afraid. Ended up with some wheels off the forecourt but it was an hour after I got there when it was finally sorted. Majorly late for work, thanks a lot KP. Also, when I'm shelling out £400, I'd like to see the car *properly* valeted, the wheels were still filthy and the window must've been down when they washed it given that the inside was covered in dirty water splashes. It's a minor thing I know, but my previous dealers used to do a top notch job, even if it just went in for an oil change.

Overall, seeing as how this was the first time I've visited KP, I wasn't overly impressed given that I got mucked about so much.

Shame really, I do 30k a year so I could potentially be visiting them every 3 months!!

Quick Reply: Cardiff main dealer