Guidance.

Search this Thread

Old 23 August 2015, 07:45 PM
gregwill
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guidance.

Evening all.

As most of you know I got a litchfield type 20. I have been thinking of maybe upping the power a little currently running 343/336 wouldn't be going mad with it probably aim towards 390-400 there about.

The car currently has a 3" miltek system with sports cat, twinscroll turbo and mapped by powerstation

In order to get a few more ponies what would be the best way of doing it, turbo etc as I'm not to clued up on all the different types of turbos. I believe its a VF37 twinscroll turbo on the car so whats the next twinscroll turbo up from the one I already have. also what would be the approx cost of doing it all, buying all the bits and roughly how many hours to fit it all.

The only thing at the moment that kind of holds me back from doing it is with the car being somewhat of a limited run by changing bits could that effect what it is? Surely it wouldn't devalue it?

As for mapping if I do decide to up the power I would use powerstation again so I assume this would only be a map tweak?

All suggestions welcome cheers
Old 23 August 2015, 08:03 PM
riiidaa
Scooby Regular

The more you change the less it's a type 20
Old 23 August 2015, 08:46 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by riiidaa
The more you change the less it's a type 20

Agree.
Old 23 August 2015, 09:56 PM
Peter Pan
Scooby Regular

Hi Greg, I say if the turbo was designed and produced specifically for the Type 20 and not found on any other model then yes it would devalue the car by removing it, if its the same type that's fitted to lets say Spec C's and or JDM STI's then I can't see making much difference and I would go for an upgrade but keep hold of the standard turbo. I dare say you'd find out by doing a search on the forum if the models share the same turbo's or not??
I would certainly agree with the above comment's if you were to change parts that were only found on the Type 20 then yes you would probably devalue it a bit and put buyers off if you came to sell it at any point.
As for advice on turbo's etc I'm not in a position to comment as I've not had anything to do with a twin scroll car unfortunately. Hope this helps
Old 23 August 2015, 10:28 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!

Originally Posted by Peter Pan
Hi Greg, I say if the turbo was designed and produced specifically for the Type 20 and not found on any other model then yes it would devalue the car by removing it, if its the same type that's fitted to lets say Spec C's and or JDM STI's then I can't see making much difference and I would go for an upgrade but keep hold of the standard turbo. I dare say you'd find out by doing a search on the forum if the models share the same turbo's or not??
I would certainly agree with the above comment's if you were to change parts that were only found on the Type 20 then yes you would probably devalue it a bit and put buyers off if you came to sell it at any point.
As for advice on turbo's etc I'm not in a position to comment as I've not had anything to do with a twin scroll car unfortunately. Hope this helps
Give Iain a call at litchfields Greg, I'm sure he will give you some options.

Si
Old 23 August 2015, 10:29 PM
gregwill
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the advise guys. That's what I was worried about is losing what the type 20 would mean. Which is something I do not want to happen.

So I assume the only other way in order to get a bit more out of it would be a decat perhaps an induction system followed by a tweak. A decat wouldn't bother me and I don't think that would be changing it away from the type 20 badge but that is hardly worth doing for a few bhp. As for an induction system I'm not keen on as I have heard not the best things about them on the scoobs.

So unless there's any other way of achieving better results without changing it from a T20 I will leave it as is.

Old 23 August 2015, 10:49 PM
Peter Pan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gregwill
Cheers for the advise guys. That's what I was worried about is losing what the type 20 would mean. Which is something I do not want to happen.

So I assume the only other way in order to get a bit more out of it would be a decat perhaps an induction system followed by a tweak. A decat wouldn't bother me and I don't think that would be changing it away from the type 20 badge but that is hardly worth doing for a few bhp. As for an induction system I'm not keen on as I have heard not the best things about them on the scoobs.

So unless there's any other way of achieving better results without changing it from a T20 I will leave it as is.

Don't bother wasting your money on an induction kit as they do the air flow sensor no favours at all, the standard set up is more than capable for over 400 bhp. A nice K&N panel filter will be fine but no doubt you've probably already fitted one.

Last edited by Peter Pan; 23 August 2015 at 10:50 PM.
Old 24 August 2015, 04:54 PM
gregwill
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Peter Pan
Don't bother wasting your money on an induction kit as they do the air flow sensor no favours at all, the standard set up is more than capable for over 400 bhp. A nice K&N panel filter will be fine but no doubt you've probably already fitted one.
Pretty sure its got a decent filter in even if it haven't by doing so and decating which in all honesty I would rather keep the sports cat I'm not going to get to much bhp out of it so wouldn't be worth the outlay in £££ for the amount of bhp back.

So looks like she will be staying as is might look at getting the headlights from the chrome to black and change the rear light to blob ones.