Notices
Trader Announcements Announcements (including special offers, product/service information) made by Authorised Advertisers

Apex is now a key Ohlins distributer

Search this Thread

Old 18 November 2011, 12:14 PM
bren@apex
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Apex is now a key Ohlins distributer

We are very pleased to announce that Apex is now a key Ohlins distributer, mianly for the Road and Track range but we can also supply the full range of race applications should you want a set of top end suspension for your Impreza.

The current Road and Track range only covers the 2007 onwards Imprezas but we hope to be adding the New Age and Classics to the line up over the next year or so.

If any traders are interested in becoming a dealer then please give us a prod with this form.

Have a look at our Facebook page and please like it

Have a look here for further info:

www.ohlinscoilovers.co.uk

The first part of our first stock order has just arrived.

Last edited by bren@apex; 18 November 2011 at 02:27 PM.
Old 18 November 2011, 12:34 PM
PaulJC
Scooby Regular

Congrats
Old 18 November 2011, 04:19 PM
sweden
Scooby Regular

gratz but good damm it a year or so for classics
Old 21 November 2011, 10:35 AM
AbbasSTI
Scooby Regular

What do you do with the big rolls of polyester at the top of the racking?
Old 21 November 2011, 10:43 AM
bren@apex
Former Sponsor

Its bubble wrap for protecting goods in transit
Old 01 December 2011, 02:29 PM
bren@apex
Former Sponsor

Just finalising an order to send a set to a customer abroad. What swayed him was a review thats just been posted on a forum he visits:

"Having now done nearly 3K kms on the Öhlins (incl. a fast blast up to Kuantan this morning), I’m in a position to give an initial review (beyond "I'm loving 'em" - though that is pretty apt).

Basically, these Öhlins are the suspension I have been seeking for 3+ years. They are fantastic - supple yet controlled, with wonderfully composed handling (yet without over-harsh ride). In fact, I find the ride positively plush.

I married them with Driver Gear (rebadged Eibach) linear springs. At first the drop was a little more than I like, but they settled OK after a week or so. It’s still higher than I'm accustomed to (about 2 fingers) but I'm OK with that - having whacked my subframe a few times I appreciate the extra height. Heights are consistent left & right, with slight front rake.

Driving, the impression is of greater spring travel (than the Sachs & Bilsteins I was on before) but beautifully damped. Around town & on the default "10/10" setting, handling is nicely neutral with crisp turn-in & minimal roll. In particular there's much more granularity through the wheel – I can really feel the surface of the road way more. I'm still continually struck by how clean & sharp the turn-in feels – way better than previous set-ups. I don’t notice any undue discomfort from the linear springs.

So far I've mostly left them in the default setting, to form a benchmark. On the highway “10/10” feels good up to about 160kms/hr though the front starts to bob a bit. Faster is still OK (and very comfortable). Ditto B-roads – “10” feels a bit soft for the front, though clicking it up makes a marked difference (i.e. the distinction between gradations is very notable – e.g. going from “10” to “9” feels very different). With the front on “9” damping is more tight-fisted, though still comfortable. Dive under brakes is noticeably less.

Earlier, I'd tried them around town a bit on softer settings – and (unlike Sachs, which went all squishy; or Bilsteins, which basically stayed rock-hard & uncomfortable) the Öhlins delivered super-plush ride without excessive roll. They really are impressively capable under wide range of scenarios.

Tomorrow I head for the hills, and 300-odd kms of sinuous B-roads & cool dense mountain air. I plan to click ‘em up a bit more (“8/8”) and see how they go… "
Old 10 December 2011, 04:41 PM
bren@apex
Former Sponsor

Bttt
Old 10 December 2011, 05:18 PM
Grant74
Scooby Regular

So how much do they start at for adjustables for a classic?
Old 10 December 2011, 07:27 PM
bren@apex
Former Sponsor

At the moment the kits are only available for the 07- cars but the earlier models are in the pipeline