Notices

Prodrive Springs for 03 STI

Search this Thread

Old 27 February 2012, 07:24 PM
vance1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prodrive Springs for 03 STI

I'm looking at finding some Prodrive springs for my STI, and was wondering if anybody could give me some advice on them? I'm looking to fit them to standard refurbed struts, to replace BC coilovers, but would like thoughts from people who have them fitted regarding ride comfort mainly. I'm after something more compliant/comfortable especially coping with potholes, and do the prodrive springs eliminate the bouncy ride you get with standard springs?? Any help would be much appreciated!!
Thanks
Old 27 February 2012, 07:26 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why are you replacing coilovers with standard shocks.
i went the otherway from sti struts and prodrive springs and the ride is better on bcs on softer setting.
Old 27 February 2012, 09:59 PM
bonesetter
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by vance1
I'm looking at finding some Prodrive springs for my STI, and was wondering if anybody could give me some advice on them? I'm looking to fit them to standard refurbed struts, to replace BC coilovers, but would like thoughts from people who have them fitted regarding ride comfort mainly. I'm after something more compliant/comfortable especially coping with potholes, and do the prodrive springs eliminate the bouncy ride you get with standard springs?? Any help would be much appreciated!!
Thanks
Prodrive springs and STi struts are firm, but comfortable, and do not bounce like the standard STi springs, which were bouncy up front for UK roads. This could force you to alter a line mid bend. The rears were saggy. The car will be lowered by about 1"

Performance wise, for road use that spring strut combo is a pretty hard all rounder to beat
Old 28 February 2012, 11:13 AM
vance1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info Bonesetter, sounds like what I'm after.
Tubbytommy, I changed from standard to BC's to try and get a more comfortable ride, most of the time they are better than standard on decent roads and have removed the annoying bounce , however on poor roads and especially potholes they don't cope at all well and crash through holes, which makes you wince. I find myself concentrating on the road surface to avoid any holes, which is a pain.