Notices

BC ER colovers help needed..

Search this Thread

Old 27 January 2012, 10:05 PM
96WAGON
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post BC ER colovers help needed..

Hi have trial fit them and notice that rear won't fit flash due to four allen bolts for adjustment contact chassis.shall i just simple put them in the middle as there is 4 setups on each side and bolts sitting on outside.any advise welcome btw is gf8
Old 28 January 2012, 01:58 AM
dazdavies
Scooby Regular

Received 82 Likes on 46 Posts

Yep just put them in the middle holes. I had the same issue.
Old 28 January 2012, 10:43 PM
96WAGON
Scooby Regular

Post .

Originally Posted by dazdavies
Yep just put them in the middle holes. I had the same issue.
Cheers buddy much appreciated,all done today...
Old 29 January 2012, 01:56 PM
Markyscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I went for rubber rears but I know what you mean from the front ones. The new ERs are just so trick, eh?

Can't wait to get mine fitted now.
Old 29 January 2012, 10:35 PM
96WAGON
Scooby Regular

Post .

Originally Posted by Markyscoob
I went for rubber rears but I know what you mean from the front ones. The new ERs are just so trick, eh?

Can't wait to get mine fitted now.

The trouble is allen bolts at rear are button type so they dont fit flash with mount unlike on front,wanna see how they performe and what can i get out of settings,good luck with yours
Old 02 February 2012, 12:17 PM
Markyscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

First impressions of mine are WOW!

Basically I went for a run with the backs fitted first just to see. Car felt like an EVO all pitching and unsettled. Yuk. You could actually feel the O.E. fronts bouncing on the bump stops.

Now the fronts are fitted I'm playing1 The car immediately feels better and to be fair, the O.E. shocks all cleaned up fine and the damping is still strong and spot on so there's hardly any wear at 38,000miles. Top mounts were perfect too.

I've run them at 16 clicks all round and they feel smooth and planted, and now at full soft all round just to see. It feels a bit of a magic carpet ride now with a soft and remarkably small bounce considering.

Early days yet. I have assister springs and mine are long travel specials. Basically with the assister springs set to very low preload, the shock bodies half way through their adjustment, I get O.E. length shocks and the car sits about 10mm higher all round than stock. Perfect for winter.

I can only lower 40mm, which is more than enough for an Impreza's roll centres and I can also raise 40mm or so, providing I spec longer hoses when I upgrade them.

Once the Summer tyres go on I'll stiffen it up and playbut it is clear already the damping is far better suited. It must have been a nightmare for Subaru to design damping to suit a soft spring and long bump stop combo. why they went that way I'll never know.
Old 02 February 2012, 12:42 PM
brendy76
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Markyscoob
First impressions of mine are WOW!

Basically I went for a run with the backs fitted first just to see. Car felt like an EVO all pitching and unsettled. Yuk. You could actually feel the O.E. fronts bouncing on the bump stops.

Now the fronts are fitted I'm playing1 The car immediately feels better and to be fair, the O.E. shocks all cleaned up fine and the damping is still strong and spot on so there's hardly any wear at 38,000miles. Top mounts were perfect too.
Horrible, but cleaned up well and will be for sale soon
Old 03 February 2012, 12:12 AM
96WAGON
Scooby Regular

[quote=Markyscoob;10465783]First impressions of mine are WOW!

Can't wait to get mine setup properly along with wheel aligment and corner weighting

I've been told to keep back slightly higher about 10mm,will try that and see how it works