Notices

bc coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 04 April 2009, 10:20 PM
carl heath
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bc coilovers

i have an my 02 sti and rear shocks have gone.i have bought some bc coilovers and plan to get arb"s front and rear,will i cause any probs if i fit coilovers and then arb`s and droplinks in a month or two ?am also getting anti lift and roll centre kits but cant do all at once due to cost,any help or advice,i know its probabley better to get all bits first then do it all together but rear shock is fooked! thanks all.
Old 05 April 2009, 11:50 AM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

you'll need geometry doing after fitting the coilovers and after fitting the antilift kit, not sure about the roll centre kit. Fitting the arb's after does not affect the geometry so it wouldn't make any difference when you fit these. IMHO you would want to avoid paying for the geo being done twice, so if possible get the anti lift and coilovers fitted at the same time.

HTH

Aaron
Old 05 April 2009, 10:27 PM
carl heath
Scooby Regular

so i can fit coilovers, anti lift, roll center kit and get geom done then fit arb and droplinks at a later time and wont need another geom then.can anyone confirm that please - not that i dont trust azz250478.
Old 05 April 2009, 10:36 PM
maydew
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by azz250478
you'll need geometry doing after fitting the coilovers and after fitting the antilift kit, not sure about the roll centre kit. Fitting the arb's after does not affect the geometry so it wouldn't make any difference when you fit these. IMHO you would want to avoid paying for the geo being done twice, so if possible get the anti lift and coilovers fitted at the same time.

HTH

Aaron
i fitted some to mine few months ago,went to have the geometry checked and all that was needed was 1/2 degree adjustment on the one rear corner powerstation still charged me the full hour
Old 06 April 2009, 12:17 AM
dunx
Scooby Senior

I'll wade in and agree with Azz.

I fitted ALK, plus arb's and drop-links, had the front reset, then a year later fitted coil-overs and did the geometry in full.
HTH

dunx
Old 08 April 2009, 08:36 PM
carl heath
Scooby Regular

Default alk,roll center,and coilovers

if i get powerstation to fit alk,roll center kit and coilovers will they adjust coilovers height wise to my requirements and does any one know roughly what cost is,i tried ringing them today but were busy.also am i looking at big improvements in way car grips and handles or is it only hype,dont know what to expect as have never been in scooby with these mods and want to know my hard earned is well spent.thank all again
Old 09 April 2009, 05:37 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Hi Carl !

I did the full Whiteline bit first and the car was transformed.

I have recently stuck some Teins on mine and they are VERY stiffly damped, on bumpy B-roads it's a touch too lively for an oldie like me, I was nearly at the point of selling them, but will keep playing with the ride height and damping for a while longer. BC's are reckoned to be a bit more supple tho'.

HTH

dunx
Old 09 April 2009, 08:52 PM
dazzer98
Scooby Regular

i fitted my bc coilovers myself, got powerstation to set the geometry, think it was £90.
i have no other suspension mods, and it has made an unbelieveable difference, going to go down the whiteline road one day, need some pennies first