Notices

ARB, Droplinks

Search this Thread

Old 03 December 2008, 11:23 AM
Sabas
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARB, Droplinks

Right, I have been reading some other posts and talking to people but am still not so clear on what to do! So apologies at another ARB post.

I'm waiting for my teins coilovers so am looking at ARBs. When I get them I will have a full geomitry set up.

I have a MY97 classic with standard suspension. I am no expert at driving, I'm 21 and I don't push the car at all, I just want it to handle the best it can.

A couple of people have said to just do the rear ARB, droplinks and leave the front but do the front droploinks, the car is on about 105,000 miles if that means anything?

Obviously again every car is different and driven differently so I appreciate it's hard to comment on these things, but I would appreciate any help!

Thanks
Old 03 December 2008, 04:36 PM
TSL Motorsport
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Sabas
Right, I have been reading some other posts and talking to people but am still not so clear on what to do! So apologies at another ARB post.

I'm waiting for my teins coilovers so am looking at ARBs. When I get them I will have a full geomitry set up.

I have a MY97 classic with standard suspension. I am no expert at driving, I'm 21 and I don't push the car at all, I just want it to handle the best it can.

A couple of people have said to just do the rear ARB, droplinks and leave the front but do the front droploinks, the car is on about 105,000 miles if that means anything?

Obviously again every car is different and driven differently so I appreciate it's hard to comment on these things, but I would appreciate any help!

Thanks

Hey Sabas,
We've got the official UK Perrin Exclusive if you were looking for their products for your rear ARB and droplinks etc.
Lins
Old 03 December 2008, 06:56 PM
Sabas
Scooby Regular

hello, what kind of prices are they, what I've been looking at is the whitline

ARB which is £106 inc VAT and alloy droplinks which are about £70 inc VAT.

I'm still waiting to see what people think
Old 03 December 2008, 08:18 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

If you change the suspension for stiffer units, the ARB will have less effect than on a car with std suspension.
bigarf added ARB's to a coil-over'd car and wasn't impressed as the car was stiff already, I fitted most of Whiteline's catalogue to std susp. and I'm very happy !

HTH

DunxC
Old 03 December 2008, 08:44 PM
Sabas
Scooby Regular

Hi Dunx

thanks for the reply, it's hard to fond out what's best when I don't really know what I want myself. I think I will do some more research before deciding, suspension is definately being replaced so, I'll see.

Thanks for your help though

David