Notices

How do Leda's handle on mud, dirt, & rougher terrain? Search function not working...

Search this Thread

Old 07 February 2002, 09:12 AM
Knowlesy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is adjustable & comes with a massive spanner so you can crank it right up for some off road fun & then lower it for fast road. The settings are quite firm so I think for off road use y still shop around some.

Though leda is ideal for fast road/track use!!!!
Old 07 February 2002, 02:32 PM
Jza
Scooby Regular

Check out

http://www.scoobysport.co.uk/index.asp?page=suspension

Scoobysport do an Leda option C which is for road/track AND rallying... could be just what your after! Not sure how you get it fitted in the states tho

Jza
Old 08 February 2002, 11:28 AM
Pete Croney
Scooby Regular

Pat Richard had an excellent season on a set, taking many podiums and picking up overall SCCA Production Class honours. No reliability problems to speak of.

Paul Eklund had less luck and either got a podium finish, or retired. Whilst Paul preferred their handling to anything else, they didn't suit his flamboyant driving style. Paul was in the Open class, with the big boys, often giving away 100+bhp.

Ledas are at their best in fast tarmac/track use and I would say that a 50mm/60mm monotube set up would be better suited to aggresive gravel/forest use.
Old 02 June 2002, 04:34 AM
thebusiness999
Scooby Newbie

Question

Hey everyone-

I'm living in the United Sates, and the Leda coilover setup isn't very popular out here so I don't really know too much about it. From what I've read it looks like it's an amazing setup for road and track, but how does it do on rougher terrain? I do some spirited rally-style driving on bumpy dirt roads and I need a suspension that will handle bumps with ease, while still being able to handle really well on paved surfaces. I don't want the car feeling unsettled over rougher terrain. Can Ledas handle the off-road abuse (I do get air sometimes)?

Also, how much lower will my WRX sit with these coilovers?

On i-Club, everyone preaches DMS, but I'd like to research the other options before making such a big purchase.

Any insight would be appreciated...

Thanks in advance,
Paul

[Edited by thebusiness999 - 2/6/2002 4:50:02 AM]