Notices

perrin or whiteline

Search this Thread

Old 09 July 2008, 11:07 PM
Iain01
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default perrin or whiteline

Going to buy front and rear ARB, anti-lift kit and drop links for my 07 gb270, is it worth spending the extra going for the perrin goodies (25mm rear 22mm front) or should I go for whiteline stuff.
From what I've read you are better going for a stronger rear arb to reduce understeer.

opinions appreciated
cheers Iain
Old 10 July 2008, 01:33 AM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

If you hold on for a bit we'll be discounting Perrin suspension goodies on a GB we are planning on running for them.
Old 10 July 2008, 11:17 AM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got Perrin and very very impressed with the quality. The Droplinks and Stoutmounts look way better quality than Whiteline IMO
Old 10 July 2008, 01:02 PM
RB5 Boyo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BOB'5
If you hold on for a bit we'll be discounting Perrin suspension goodies on a GB we are planning on running for them.
When do u think this will be as i am ready to order all the whiteline stuff and need it asap, such as adj front and rear bars, antilift kit, alloy droplinks, steering rack bushes etc....??
Old 10 July 2008, 02:30 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

It typically takes a few weeks from start to finish for a GB.

Worthwhile for the savings though.

Bob
Old 10 July 2008, 02:51 PM
wolfie28
Scooby Regular

I had Whiteline stuff on my old WRX but went for Perrin on my STI. Perrin is better quality bit more expensive. You pay for what you get I suppose.

If I'm honest you wouldn't tell the difference between to two when fitted. If you can get the Perrin items for a good price I'd go for them, if not Whiteline.

I didn't go for the front ARB on mine as I was advised it could make the car a little skittish. A 22mm rear ARB would be fine, 25mm is more for track days.

On my 05 STI I went for Prodrive springs, Perrin 22mm rear ARB + drop links, Perrin PSRS (anti-lift kit), Perrin SLS (subframe lock out system) and 4 wheel alignment. All I can say is I can go (traffic and national speed limits allowing ) at least 10mph faster around any corner than I could before .

Wolfie.
Old 10 July 2008, 03:00 PM
fpan
Scooby Regular

Received 174 Likes on 128 Posts

Do Perrin have a rear ARB for the 07 wagon? AFAIK the rear ARB of the wagon is shorter than the saloon's.
Cheers
Old 10 July 2008, 08:06 PM
wrx9181
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

fpan get in touch with pete at tsl motorsport, they just done a gb and herd on here they may do another. i had front and rear arb drop links f and rear anti lift kit or psrs and full track set up its wicked perrin all the way, quality product mate
Old 10 July 2008, 08:39 PM
lookout
Scooby Regular

Although more bling, the Perrin stuff doesn't seem to be as good in reality if I read Nasioc correctly.

Their ALK seems to be a copy of the Whiteline, but with the measurements slightly wrong, so I have been told. The Perrin ARBs with welded ends don't seem to be a proper solution to me either. All the proper makes like Whiteline, Eibach and H&R ARBs come with forged ends.

I have never used the Perrin stuff so I have no personal experience, but I have had Whiteline on my Classic, Sti 7, S3 and MK4 and now MK5 Golf. Whiteline has made all these cars a lot better for very little outlay. As they say in their adverts: 'we don't do bling', the stuff just works.

Last edited by lookout; 10 July 2008 at 08:41 PM.
Old 11 July 2008, 07:54 AM
Mocom Racing
Former Sponsor

Mmmmm

I had someone in for their alignment last week with a failed Perrin front ARB link, had only been on the car for a few days and on the journey down to me had noticed a knocking noise.
Old 11 July 2008, 08:48 AM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Must admit, I've been a little disappointed with my whiteline front drop links. They are rusting well for stainless steel. The perrin rear ones seem much better made.

Can't comment on the ARBs as I bought eibach ones.

Again, I have whiteline springs, and the powder coating seemed a little inconsistent between the front and rear springs, and I'm not sure they lowered the car as much as I was expected for flat-out springs.
Old 11 July 2008, 10:21 AM
lookout
Scooby Regular

With regards to drop links, I think that anything with rose joints (spherical bearings) will wear out quicker than expected. These joints are for track cars, not for road cars IMO.

On my Classic and STi7 I used the Whiteline alloy with polyeurethane ones with great success. I think these were the only poly ones that allowed for movement outside the vertical plane. All the others I have seen had straight bushes that just acted like droop restrictors.
Old 12 July 2008, 10:36 AM
Iain01
Scooby Regular

Thanks for your comments guys,
I've decided to go with the whiteline stuff, 24mm rear ARB, alloy drop links and anti-lift kit, along with fast road geometry set up. Leaving the standard front ARB for the moment.

The perrin stuff does look good, but I can get the whiteline products supplied and fitted within a week so went for them.
Old 13 July 2008, 04:14 PM
loony toon
Scooby Regular

Whiteline was the way i went, 22mm because i found the larger stuff to harsh for everyday road use ( noise and hard ) .

Check out my post in the for sale thread as i just took mine off as selling car

tony
Old 14 July 2008, 11:56 AM
trubwrx
Scooby Regular

have fitted 'solid alloy' Whiteline drop links front and back on my GB270.

beware the ariculate HID leveller gizmo that gets in the way when you install the Whitelines - best to unbolt it and then refit after fitting drop links (with the bolts in the direction Whiteline advise).

also the front drop links do not come with the biggest washers supplied - so you need to save the biggest ones from the original installation.

with the lowered front, on the GB270, it is quite tight getting under there - backs are much easier.

no problems or noises after two months - use plenty of the grease supplied with the drop links.
Old 14 July 2008, 07:44 PM
Iain01
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by trubwrx
have fitted 'solid alloy' Whiteline drop links front and back on my GB270.

beware the ariculate HID leveller gizmo that gets in the way when you install the Whitelines - best to unbolt it and then refit after fitting drop links (with the bolts in the direction Whiteline advise).

also the front drop links do not come with the biggest washers supplied - so you need to save the biggest ones from the original installation.

with the lowered front, on the GB270, it is quite tight getting under there - backs are much easier.

no problems or noises after two months - use plenty of the grease supplied with the drop links.
Thanks for the info m8