Notices

whiteline bars & drop links

Search this Thread

Old 31 May 2008, 07:12 PM
Bullit 65
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whiteline bars & drop links

Hi where can i get best price and advice on whiteline components, is it worth the effort and money on 2005 sti, looking at getting front and rear anti roll bars with drop links, anti lift kit and rear subframe lock kit to stop noise on take off, any one fitted and hows it drive ???, does vehicle need the geometry resetting after anti lift kit.
Old 02 June 2008, 10:56 AM
The rookie
Scooby Regular

The pro lift 'anti lift kit' will need the front geometry doing after fitment.

Shop around for best prices, it changes all the time, also worth looking in the group buy forum...

Whiteline catalogue doesn't list a rear subframe lock kit for for yours.....

Simon
Old 02 June 2008, 03:04 PM
markGT
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bullit 65
Hi where can i get best price and advice on whiteline components, is it worth the effort and money on 2005 sti, looking at getting front and rear anti roll bars with drop links, anti lift kit and rear subframe lock kit to stop noise on take off, any one fitted and hows it drive ???, does vehicle need the geometry resetting after anti lift kit.
Hi

I've been thinking about doing the same thing with my 2005 STI but with pink STI ARB front and rear etc. But after doing some research on here the general opinion is that the 2005 STI Blobeye is very good out of the box and wouldn't benefit from the above ARB and drop links upgrade? As I understand it the ARB's etc are from the JDM Spec C and are already 22mm to start with.

Hope this hasn't muddied the waters for you. Depends what you want to achieve I suppose!
Old 05 June 2008, 06:30 PM
Bullit 65
Scooby Newbie

thanks guys for the info, probably leave arbs as you say they are 22mm, what about the anti lift kit is it worth doing ???, i believe that they help with understeer and turn in.
Old 05 June 2008, 06:51 PM
cusco kid
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bullit 65
hi m8 save your money ,dont change the sti d/links they are good enough if the are the metal ball joint type
change the arbs to 22mm front
24mm rear
any lift kit is great mod ,the geo req after fitting
the diff bushes are also a good mod to stop thumping on the x member geo