Notices

suspension for wagon

Search this Thread

Old 24 April 2008, 08:38 AM
Walker Lam
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suspension for wagon

Hi all, I'm new here. I have a MY02 JDM WRX wagon. The suspension I'm using makes my car has negative camber(may be I'm wrong with the positive and negative). I mean the wheel looks in the front like \ / . So I use camber adjustment bolts. But still I cannot get the optimal camber I wanted. Finally I have to replace the original top of the suspension by using the metal one (hope you understand what I mean). And that is not what I willing to do. Therefore, I would like to ask what suspension you recommended. I want to use the original suspension top and have 1.5-2.0 camber / \. Thank you
Old 24 April 2008, 10:30 AM
AshMurc
Scooby Regular

Hmm, i'm no expert but the camber angles on your car sound a bit strange... i mean if you can actually SEE it?? Is that looking at the car off the ground? i.e. no load on the suspension? I think with some cars as the car runs through its suspension travel the /---\ (possitive?) camber can increase due to the geometry of the suspension. When at full travel (i.e. topped-out essentially) the camber would move towards a \---/ as the un-sprung mass pulls the suspension to full travel.

Could be a load of sh1Łe, but if so some one will will but me right soon enough....
Ash
Old 24 April 2008, 10:50 AM
Walker Lam
Scooby Newbie

It is on the plane ground. It can be seen \ / obviously.
Old 06 May 2008, 10:41 AM
mark6
Scooby Regular

if the top of the tyres/wheels are pointing outwards then that is positive camber,if the camber won't adjust to negative(wheels/tyres further out at the bottom)then something is wrong(or maybe bent)you need to get it checked out.How high is the car sat?if you have too high suspension this can force positive camer,check it has the right springs on it,lowering the car will always increase negative camber.