Notices

Coil overs for classic

Search this Thread

Old 01 December 2006, 09:17 PM
tay05
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coil overs for classic

Does anyone know of a good deal on coilovers for a '93wrx? Need to get some pronto, as it was a mod i needed to do anyway, but as i've increased to a 215/45/17 from a 205/45/17 the tyres are catching on the suspension under heavy bumps/ dips in the road. Don't want to change to a lower profile tyre as i don't want to lose ride height because of a rather low bodykit. Hence the coilovers so i can keep the ride height the same. Thanks,
Taylor
Old 02 December 2006, 07:40 AM
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not too sure if a coil-over set-up would clear the tyres.
Call Rich at Powerstation to check.
Old 02 December 2006, 09:46 PM
tay05
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 911
I'm not too sure if a coil-over set-up would clear the tyres.
Call Rich at Powerstation to check.
Cheers 911...i'm on to it!
Old 03 December 2006, 02:06 PM
terzo282
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i payed £684 plus vat for eibach coilovers. springs are eibach but the dampers are kw stainless steel fixed rate dampers . i have had them on the car for about 2 months and find them excellent . purchased them from tsl motorsport and had there fast road alignment . a masive differance they have made and well worth the cost
Old 03 December 2006, 06:08 PM
ukdave
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tay05
Does anyone know of a good deal on coilovers for a '93wrx? Need to get some pronto, as it was a mod i needed to do anyway, but as i've increased to a 215/45/17 from a 205/45/17 the tyres are catching on the suspension under heavy bumps/ dips in the road. Don't want to change to a lower profile tyre as i don't want to lose ride height because of a rather low bodykit. Hence the coilovers so i can keep the ride height the same. Thanks,
Taylor
I think u`ll find that its catching on your arches as the distance between the spring seat on your struts and tyres will never change (so they`d be rubbing all the time)as the moving parts of your suspension are above this,ive got 18`s on mine with 215/35x18 and a 40mm drop had to trim rear arches but fronts dont catch at all-suspension is set quite hard though(koni adjustable inserts-wouldnt recommend as not great fitting though they have got me by so far untill i can get either tein or maybe koni coilovers-if they make em yet for scoobs)
Old 04 December 2006, 09:11 PM
tay05
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ukdave
I think u`ll find that its catching on your arches as the distance between the spring seat on your struts and tyres will never change (so they`d be rubbing all the time)as the moving parts of your suspension are above this,ive got 18`s on mine with 215/35x18 and a 40mm drop had to trim rear arches but fronts dont catch at all-suspension is set quite hard though(koni adjustable inserts-wouldnt recommend as not great fitting though they have got me by so far untill i can get either tein or maybe koni coilovers-if they make em yet for scoobs)
Right u are too, i tried a set of 5mm spacers today and it made the prob worse, but at least i could see the marks on the outside of the tyre to identify where its rubbing. Thanks for the reply's guys, looks like i'm gonna have to get the arches rolled, i've come too far to admit defeat!!
Taylor.
Old 04 December 2006, 09:35 PM
essexboy30
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tay05
Right u are too, i tried a set of 5mm spacers today and it made the prob worse, but at least i could see the marks on the outside of the tyre to identify where its rubbing. Thanks for the reply's guys, looks like i'm gonna have to get the arches rolled, i've come too far to admit defeat!!
Taylor.
I run 215/45/17's on my 93 classic and i get no rubbing at all....
i have a tein full flex suspension set up.
How ever i would suggest that it is your wheel offset and not the tyre size.

Trending Topics

Old 05 December 2006, 06:33 PM
tay05
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by essexboy30
I run 215/45/17's on my 93 classic and i get no rubbing at all....
i have a tein full flex suspension set up.
How ever i would suggest that it is your wheel offset and not the tyre size.
Maybe, the wheels were on the car when i bought it, i'll have to check. Suspension needs doing anyway so i've had a little look into it and i'm fancying a set of Tein superstreet coilovers. The question now is wether or not i need to get the top mounts? Any advice would be appreciated.
Taylor.