Notices

AST owners: Question

Search this Thread

Old 08 August 2005, 12:04 AM
ChrisF
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AST owners: Question

I'm a Yank considering a set of the AST coilovers. I checked with the US distributor and he told me that the rear struts don't have extenders like the Whiteline G4's for example. Are you required to pull the rear seat to adjust them or have you come up with a solution (like custome extenders?).

Thanks
Old 08 August 2005, 12:38 AM
T-gro
Scooby Regular

I have a set and they do have the extenders, so they can be adjusted from inside the car without removing anything.

Powerstation fitted mine, so I don't know if it's a universal fitment or if they've just found their own solution.
Old 08 August 2005, 01:09 AM
dnb
Scooby Regular

Mine have extenders too. As far as I know they were part of the standard kit.

Even if they're not, it wouldn't take much work to make a set.
Old 08 August 2005, 07:18 AM
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine do not have the extenders as i run the car without a rear seat. The race wheels are in the 'back seat'. Didn't know you could get them.
Great units though.
Graham.
Old 08 August 2005, 08:41 AM
Powerstation
Scooby Regular

Location: Rolling Road tuning, RE-mapping, Laser alignment, Track and race prep, Toyo tyres, Alarm installs

I should imagine the american market have the upside down struts, in which case the adjuster will be on the bottom of the strut.
If you have the top adjustable type then they come ready packaged with extenders.
No need to custom make anything.

Andy
Old 10 August 2005, 07:17 AM
ChrisF
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Powerstation
I should imagine the american market have the upside down struts, in which case the adjuster will be on the bottom of the strut.
If you have the top adjustable type then they come ready packaged with extenders.
No need to custom make anything.

Andy
Thanks for the replies. I spoke with my distributor and he's going to check with AST to make sure they include a set. I opted for the non-inverted models since the UK market seems to have such good luck with them.
Old 15 August 2005, 06:13 AM
ChrisF
Scooby Newbie

One more question for AST owners: Has anyone fitted theirs with Cusco front camber plates? I read in a US thread that someone had difficutlty doing so.

Any info would be appreciated.
Old 15 August 2005, 07:36 AM
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I had mine fitted at PowerStation they were going to fit the AST top mounts but reused my existing MRT mounts.
I cant think why there might be an issue, but you do need the right spacers.collars to get it all to fit. All top mounts are a basic design customised to suit by the spacers etc.
Unless you are married to the Cusco fit Noltek or MRT mounts as they have massive adjustment, especially for caster (tends to kill understeer for good)

Graham.

Have you asked Andy or Curtis at Powerstation?
Old 15 August 2005, 10:49 AM
ChrisF
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by 911
When I had mine fitted at PowerStation they were going to fit the AST top mounts but reused my existing MRT mounts.
I cant think why there might be an issue, but you do need the right spacers.collars to get it all to fit. All top mounts are a basic design customised to suit by the spacers etc.
Unless you are married to the Cusco fit Noltek or MRT mounts as they have massive adjustment, especially for caster (tends to kill understeer for good)

Graham.

Have you asked Andy or Curtis at Powerstation?
I have a set of modded Cuscos and quite like them. They allow caster and camber adjustment and would hate to have to buy another set.