Notices

prodrive wheel alingment???????????

Search this Thread

Old 23 July 2005, 02:26 PM
rcwhite
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool prodrive wheel alingment???????????

ok new to this game i have just brought my first scooby after a string of nice little hot haches loving every minuite apart from being on first name terms with every one at my local shell garage.ok getting to my point i phoned my local subaru garage after hearing lots of good things about prodrives geometry settings the garage confimed that they could do this work with there four wheel laser alighnment system but speaking to the garage whilst there i was told that there is no such thing as prodrive geometry settings only standard STI 8 PPP .settings can be done to my car .at this point i was getting very confused they proseded to sort my car out and all has been put right after being told that my car was out by a lot.so if eny bodey could help me out and put my cofusion to rest that would be great. i own an 05 wrx sti type uk with ppp they charged me 80£inc vat.and it took about an hour. WHAT HAVE THEY ACTUALLY DONE???
Old 23 July 2005, 03:21 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

So I believe. When you have the Prodrive Spring kit fitted (in the next week or two for me) you have to have the geometry setup, for the new springs, as they take the whole shocker off. So this needs re-aligning with the Prodrive settings.
I think all the dealer has done to your is check your geometry for the standard spring, found them to be out, and reset them.

I might be wrong though
Old 23 July 2005, 03:24 PM
ru'
Scooby Regular

If its done 'properly' shouldn't you get a sheet of paper showing the before and after measurements?
Old 23 July 2005, 03:43 PM
rcwhite
Scooby Regular

OK THANK,S FOR THE REPLY BUT I AM SURE U CAN JUST HAVE GEOMETRY BCHANGED BUT I COULD BE WRONG I AM STILL VERY LOST.IF ENY ONE ELSE CAN HELP IT WOULD BE GRATE
Old 23 July 2005, 05:26 PM
mid_life_crisis
Scooby Regular

If they have done what they should have, caster, camber and tracking should all be set at Prodrive’s recommended spec front and rear. Either that or they swiped 80 quid

Originally Posted by rcwhite
ok new to this game i have just brought my first scooby after a string of nice little hot haches loving every minuite apart from being on first name terms with every one at my local shell garage.ok getting to my point i phoned my local subaru garage after hearing lots of good things about prodrives geometry settings the garage confimed that they could do this work with there four wheel laser alighnment system but speaking to the garage whilst there i was told that there is no such thing as prodrive geometry settings only standard STI 8 PPP .settings can be done to my car .at this point i was getting very confused they proseded to sort my car out and all has been put right after being told that my car was out by a lot.so if eny bodey could help me out and put my cofusion to rest that would be great. i own an 05 wrx sti type uk with ppp they charged me 80£inc vat.and it took about an hour. WHAT HAVE THEY ACTUALLY DONE???
Old 23 July 2005, 05:48 PM
GREGGYG
Scooby Regular

You can have Prodrive geometry settings irrelevant of whether you have lowering springs or not. Yes, you should have been given a computer printout of before and after settings/adjustments!
Old 23 July 2005, 06:22 PM
rcwhite
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GREGGYG
You can have Prodrive geometry settings irrelevant of whether you have lowering springs or not. Yes, you should have been given a computer printout of before and after settings/adjustments!
ok so it sound like they have just done a normal realignment on my car basic sti8 set up. ok does eny bodey no were i can get this prodrive set up from so i can go back to the garage and get them to sort it out for me because they dont think it seems to exists. help
Old 23 July 2005, 06:24 PM
mid_life_crisis
Scooby Regular

Tell folks what area of the country you are in and no doubt someone will know the right people to see.

ok so it sound like they have just done a normal realignment on my car basic sti8 set up. ok does eny bodey no were i can get this prodrive set up from so i can go back to the garage and get them to sort it out for me because they dont think it seems to exists. help
Old 23 July 2005, 06:35 PM
rcwhite
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GREGGYG
ok so it seems to me that they have just done the normal set up for my car. does eny bodey no were i can get this prodrive set up from so i can go back and get done what i asked for because they dont seem to think it is avalible.at the garage. help
Old 23 July 2005, 06:39 PM
rcwhite
Scooby Regular

ok so it seems to me that they have just done the normal set up for my car. does eny bodey no were i can get this prodrive set up from so i can go back and get done what i asked for because they dont seem to think it is avalible.at the garage. help
i am in birmingham.
Old 23 July 2005, 09:21 PM
p1doc
Scooby Regular

i know prodrive gave out with springs the recommended geometry instructions but otherwise ring a good subaru garage with "sporting credentials"-try stan palmers in carlisle
martin
Old 25 July 2005, 08:13 AM
ShyTot
Scooby Regular

These are the standard MY03, MY04 STI settings: -

Front Camber -0°30’ (±0°45’)
Front Toe 0±3 mm (0±0.12 in) Each toe angle: ±0°07’30”
Rear Toe 0±3 mm (0±0.12 in) Each toe angle: ±0°09’

These are the same Prodrive settings: -

a. Set the tyre pressures to:
i. Front 2.3 bar (33psi)
ii. Rear 2.1 bar (31psi)
c. Set the geometry to:
i. Front Camber -1°15’ (-1.25°)
ii. Front Toe Total 0°00’ (0.00°)
iii.Rear Toe 0°06’ (0.1°) per wheel toe in [0°12’ (0.2°) total toe in]

The Caster F & R are not adjustable on this car
The Camber rear is not adjustable on this car.

Note the big tolerances in the standard settings !

You do not need the Prodrive springs (or anything else) to benefit greatly from the Prodrive settings, I have just had it done on my MY02STI (non prodrive springs) and it has made a big difference to the washout understeer and the torque steer. Infact they both appear to have gone.... and they were quite bad.
Old 25 July 2005, 08:59 AM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

the rear camber is adjustable to within about 20mins, this comes about with the play in the holes once slackened off, any further out than that and you'll need camber bolts in the rear.
you can adjust the alignment irrespective of the suspension you have on the car, it's all done via the bolts that hold it all together.

Andy
Old 25 July 2005, 09:19 AM
davedipster
Scooby Senior

As above, I had 'prodrive' settings applied to my 03sti @ elite in rainham.
The factory settings were zero camber on the front and toe was all over the place, I have a print out before and after as well.

The drive home was a revelation, well worth it. I have the std springs as well.

dipster

Last edited by davedipster; 25 July 2005 at 09:23 AM.
Old 25 July 2005, 12:39 PM
ScooBStu
Scooby Regular

What are the prodrive settings for a MY00. Anyone know.

My local garage set my car to standard for £30.
Old 28 July 2005, 08:56 AM
JIM THEO
Scooby Regular

Just to let you know what Group N Tarmac Prodrive settings are...
-2.5° camber front with 1mm/wheel toe out
-1.5° camber rear with 1mm/wheel toe out
for better stability at high speed slightly less toe out rear.
Although I use almost the same settings for my WRX03 (Spec C shocks-Prodrive springs) with 1.25° front camber and the car feels very stable and safe for my taste!
JIM
Old 29 July 2005, 01:40 AM
superstring
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScooBStu
What are the prodrive settings for a MY00. Anyone know.

My local garage set my car to standard for £30.
Front: Camber: Max. negative (with stock camber bolts) ~1.0 - 1.2 degrees EQUAL
Toe: 1mm toe in

Rear: Camber: As stock ("non-adjustable") ~1.2 degrees Try to get as EQUAL as posssible
Old 29 July 2005, 02:44 PM
molten1
Scooby Newbie

Default Alignment Group Offer anyone ?

Originally Posted by superstring
Front: Camber: Max. negative (with stock camber bolts) ~1.0 - 1.2 degrees EQUAL

Rear: Camber: As stock ("non-adjustable") ~1.2 degrees Try to get as EQUAL as posssible
I can arrange to get this done to Prodrive settings at my friendly garag anyone interested if we can get a group together I have been guarenteed a good deal

If Interested or if this can go in another thread of its own let me Know

In Surrey by the way
Mark
Old 29 July 2005, 10:59 PM
superstring
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by molten1
I can arrange to get this done to Prodrive settings at my friendly garag anyone interested if we can get a group together I have been guarenteed a good deal.......

Mark

I should have added to my post that, having tried both the Prodrive and Whiteline settings, I concur with others on this board that I find the Whiteline settings more to my liking. I currently am running with their "Sport Tuned" recommendations.

This is what they have to say:

"We at Whiteline would strongly argue against rear toe-in. We, in fact, recommend a small amount of toe-out for better response or toe neutral at worst."

touring tuned (sport tuned) [race tuned]

Front: Camber: -1.00 deg ( -1.50 deg) [-2.0 to -3.0 deg]
Toe: 0

Rear: Camber: -0.75 deg ( -1.00 to -1.25 deg) [-1.5 to -2.5 deg]

Toe: 1mm out ( 1-2mm out) [0-2mm out]

Obviously you have to use camber bolts in order to get the rear settings.

Oh, and BTW, getting back to the Prodrive settings, the toe measurement is TOTAL toe.

Cheers, John
Old 29 July 2005, 11:44 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Smile

where abouts in the uk are you? I know of three places that i have either used or know mates that have. One in Cheshire "ABP Motorsport" at Nantwich, "TSL motorsport" in Keyworth Notts and "GT tyres" in foress Scotland. You could also check through the yellow pages for computer alignment and ask what spec they work to. Have funM8.