Notices

Eibach Sportline

Search this Thread

Old 16 June 2004, 09:07 PM
WRXPete
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eibach Sportline

I want a really agressive look, so am thinking of as much as a 50mm drop as opposed to the usual 30mm. Eibach do a sportline kit, if there's an Impreza version, i want it, as so many people have said to go for Eibachs!!
However, if i do this, will i need to change the shocks too....i've heard it said that the handling may get worse as the standard shocks aren't meant to work with such short springs....
So should i stop being greedy and just get a 30mm drop until i can get better shocks...or what??? Help!!!
Old 17 June 2004, 09:29 PM
LEN CARLYON
Scooby Regular

Hi WRXPete,
Eibach only seem to do a spring kit, whick drops it by 30mm.
Be carefull of some of these spring kits as I had to change a set ofsprings the other day, because they didnt fit into the shock upper and lower cups, thus they moved about and made quite a noise. So stick with a well known make, like Eibach, who used to supply Prodrive with the srings for the Bilstien kits through I'M'.
If you would like any more info give me a P'M as I might be able to put you in touch with a customer that I fitted the kit to....

Len
Subaur4You.co.uk
Old 18 June 2004, 05:13 PM
Bondy
Scooby Regular

Hi Len

I think that may have been me. Had the Apex springs fitted and they were crap. Clunked over every bump and as Len said didn't really fit well.

Got Len to fit me some Eibach springs on Wednesday and what a difference it has made. The car now drives better than it ever has done, even with the standard springs.

Oh I can recommend Len as well, top bloke!!!!

Mark
Old 18 June 2004, 09:58 PM
LEN CARLYON
Scooby Regular

sorted
cheers chap
Old 19 June 2004, 06:30 PM
WRXPete
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LEN CARLYON
sorted
cheers chap
I'll definitely be going for Eibach's and no one else....i've contacted Eibach, they do indeed only do the 30mm for the Subaru, so that's what it'll be. Just as well, not sure i can afford new springs and change the shocks too!!!
Thanks ;D
Old 28 June 2004, 07:57 PM
andypugh2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WRXPete
I'll definitely be going for Eibach's and no one else....i've contacted Eibach, they do indeed only do the 30mm for the Subaru, so that's what it'll be. Just as well, not sure i can afford new springs and change the shocks too!!!
Thanks ;D
Also remember that eibach only do a 30mm drop for a very good reason, any lower and you will start to **** the drive shafts/drivetrain and geometry will be a joke, stick to whats best, i just had my eibachs done and they are the dogs danglies but not as good as Jen's ****