Notices

leda b and c

Search this Thread

Old 25 November 1999, 12:40 AM
quattro
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

The time has come to ask eligible members for cooperation, feedback and discussion, but EXCLUSIVELY OFF THE BOARD,(please email me directly)! I have no means of enforcing this request but, do, hope it will be met with understanding and sympathy.
This is NOT a persecution, witch hunt, or anything similar at all! Simply an attempt to gather invaluable information for the benefit of all of us using this potentially wonderful product as well as its supplier and manufacturer. Depending on the response, I am happy to commit myself to prepare a report once incoming information has been digested and analysed.

I would be grateful if users of Leda B and C suspension on any type and/or model year of Impreza would kindly email the following information:

1) which type, when installed, mileage so far
2) settings for road use (not interested in track settings)
3) comments in terms of MECHANICAL AND FUNCTIONAL BEHAVIOUR (noises, rattles, clonks, whatever you may have noticed that does not seem to be 'normal') separately for front and rear end
4) low/medium speed observations in terms of ride comfort and overall behaviour (up to 50mph) and the same for higher speed (please try to concentrate on 'how it works' rather than personal preferences in terms of setup)
5) have you visited the manufacturer for further changes, etc. after the suspension has been fitted, how many times, changes and results
6) apart from being generally satisfied (which I am sure we all are!) any specific observations, remarks, thoughts, etc.
7) finally, PERSONAL PREFERENCE is NOT a question here as I am trying to establish a pattern of OBJECTIVE (noises, potential nervousness, front/rear end balance with various damper settings, etc.) BEHAVIOUR of the product as such.

Anything else that springs to mind can, of course, be mentioned.

My sincere thanks in advance for any eventual contributions.

q.
Old 26 November 1999, 09:43 PM
quattro
Scooby Regular

Thank you to those who have replied so far. According to the supplier, there is SO many more of you using the product I am asking about. I have not heard from most of you to this moment.

Come one, please. Weekend is ahead and if you have nothing better to do, please do send me an email with your comments. So far response has been quite interesting and intriguing. If you do have something better to do, cooperate anyway.

Some people have asked me what was I going to do with the information gathered? Nothing at all (yet)! And please do not worry, I am a sufficiently big fan of Peter Croney and Leda Suspension Ltd. that this is a perfectly benign and friendly project.

Thank you!

q.
Old 27 November 1999, 06:34 AM
Scoob_13
Scooby Newbie

I do hate to post a reply, but I purchased the Leda C option, but have yet to install it (waiting on a few extra parts). I would be VERY interested in the information gathered from the survey.

Thanks,
Philip Howell
Dallas, TX USA
Old 30 November 1999, 09:09 PM
quattro
Scooby Regular

So far I have received 14 reports about leda b and suspension. According to ScoobySport this is barely 20% of all suspension packages sold so far. Results are pretty consistent and interesting so far, but I would really like to hear from more of you who own the product.

Unless, of course, most of you happily use it and are not active on the bbs.

thanks again
q.

PS> Once data is compiled, there will be a report and stats also available off line.