Notices

Leda with different swaybars.

Search this Thread

Old 06 October 2000, 12:34 AM
maxton
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I've just got my new Leda B kit mounted and the car set-up with new geometry and so on.

I have been doing alot of reading earlier and haven't seen anybody writing some kind of success-story running Leda and the swaybars from Scoobymania (same as MrtRally in Australia). Is there still nobody with Leda and swaybars mounted happy with the result?

There has been different theories why tha car starts to understear heavily with the swaybars mounted.

Öhlins have their own swaybars developed for Öhlins dampers/springs.

One theory I've heard is that the swaybars that Scoobymania sells is to "weak" for the Leda kit. That's possible why the dampers and the swaybars starts working against each other and makes many if not all unhappy who have tried the setup unhappy.

Sincerely,

Max!
Old 07 October 2000, 12:02 AM
R19KET
Scooby Regular

Location: SSO2003 2nd, SSO2005 1st, SSO2006 2nd, TACC Rd4 5th 4wd: In my car ;-)
Max,

I think I've tried just about every combination, bar front ARB fitted too.

Personally, I found the Leda seems to work best on its own, but it may depend on the choice of spring rates.

The uprated rear ARB SM sell, is certainly strong enough. I tried it on mine, and it tipped my front 425lb springs, no problem (weakest setting on arb), but impo it just didn't feel right. On the track it just unsettled the car.

Personally, I think the Leda set up needs a minimum of 350lb springs on the front, and 2deg' neg camber. It works well, but can wear the inside edges of the tyres, if you do a lot of motorway miles.

Mark.
Old 12 October 2000, 11:02 AM
maxton
Scooby Newbie

Mark,

Have you managed to set 2deg' neg camber all around the car, or only in the front? I'm running 1 mm toe-in all around and using 2 deg' neg camber in front and 0.8 deg neg chamber on my rear (if I remember correctly).

The tyre account is classified as "not a
problem"

What springs are Leda providing as "default" if I don't ask for anything specific?

One other little thing I am looking for is some tracktime's comparing an Impreza GT fitted with ALK and ARK and an Impreza GT with only the Leda kit installed. Do you know anything about this?

Max!