Notices

Eibachs/Bump-steer/Drop-links fitted

Search this Thread

Old 12 July 2003, 03:15 PM
CAT2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

All the above done along with a cambelt service at Powerstation on Friday. **** me, the car really is transformed. It now inspires much more confidence during and on the exit of corners. Unbelievable for some (relatively) simple mods. Also, the people there are friendly and know stuff, which is nice. BTW, my car is already noticably lower on the Eibachs (15mm ish) and will, I am told, settle further. I'm off for another drive. Hi to Danjay, enjoying your brakes?
Old 12 July 2003, 07:30 PM
Nezz10
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
After you have got used to that set up for a while go for the 22mm anti roll bars and the anti lift kit, it makes it much better again!!
Old 13 July 2003, 02:05 AM
CAT2
Scooby Regular

Smile

Yeah, I've pretty much decided on that already - price seems reasonable. The list is endless, though.......
Old 13 July 2003, 09:25 PM
Dan J
Scooby Regular

Hi glad you're enjoying the car! Sounds like all that's got to go down on my list too then! How do you find the ride with the Eibachs? Any harder or the same? I'm still being nice and gentle on the brakes but can feel them biting more and more with every journey so all in all very pleased. Also I definitely made the right call with the airbox. If you recall I said the car didn't have the shove in the back I'd experienced in others but it sure does now! The car flies now and is so responsive compared to before. Strange but must have been something up with that induction kit. So between us smiles all round! Thanks Powerstation!!!
Old 14 July 2003, 01:52 PM
dhayzen
Scooby Regular

Be interested to know if you're still running original shocks, and if so what the difference is with new springs.

I'm about to get myself over to PowerStation for Eibach's, bump steer, alignment and possibly anti-roll & drop links but think I need to replace the shocks too and haven't a clue as to what to change them with. They've done 63k (mainly motorways) but are starting to feel naff. loads of roll etc...

Any advice?

Dave
Old 14 July 2003, 02:24 PM
darkblueturbo
Scooby Regular

I've done similar... original dampers with Eibach springs MY00.

Low speeds the ride is MORE comfortable than standard springs.
Also, apparentlythe car sits approx. 20mm lower, but to my untrained eye I couldn't really notice much differnce.
when pushing it hard through the twisties the car is a lot more sure footed. Less roll and pitch under cornering / braking etc.

It's hard to say what the springs do on their own as I had a front strut and rear drop links at the same time and I love it!
Old 14 July 2003, 09:01 PM
CAT2
Scooby Regular

My car has done 90k, but shocks were replaced just before I got it at 54k. They feel fine. I have got nothing but good to say for Eibachs/droplinks/PS. My car has dropped about 15mm, but may settle some yet. The ride is almost the same on an average road in a straight line. You notice the difference when you're on a VERY bumpy road (more lumpy now), or the instant you turn into a corner, or brake hard, or both, when it doesn't go all saggy and limp! It encourages me to be bad and the car even feels a bit slow now, 'cos it comes out of corners so calmly!

Glad you're happy DJ.
Old 14 July 2003, 11:35 PM
Fatman
Scooby Regular

...amen, brother I had my car 'done' at Powerstation a few weeks ago, and its handling was utterly transformed. I had...

- 22mm Whiteline rear ARB (middle setting)
- solid aluminium rear droplinks
- front tower strut brace
- Eibachs
- bumpsteer/alignment

...and a great way to describe it is that the car feels very sure-footed. The car feels well planted into the road mid-corner, and consequently very reassuring. Understeer is massively reduced, and the car wanders less in a straight line, too.

Worth every penny