Notices

Replacement TEIN platforms?

Search this Thread

Old 29 April 2003, 01:16 PM
POC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I need a set of replacement coilover platforms for my TEIN suspension.

I need the platform itself and the locking collar.

I've mailed RC Developments, awaiting a response.....

Thanks in advance

Paul
Old 29 April 2003, 01:47 PM
POC
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

No worries guys, found a set, £23

http://www.wmstuning.com/tein.shtml

Nice helpfull guy
Old 30 April 2003, 08:58 AM
POC
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Got these through this morning, hummmm turned out to be £23 PER ring!!

Oh and that was plus VAT plus postage Total invoice came to over £54 for two silly little metal rings

Good news is Peter (that I bought the suspension from) has tracked down a spare damper and is arranging for those platforms to be sent to me aswell... so I shall have a spare set

To all those with coilovers:- Copperslip/grease/wax those threads to stop this happening... tis expensive!
Old 30 April 2003, 10:53 AM
T-uk
Scooby Regular

take it she has started fouling with hard use ,surely you are not going lower .

have you had chance to measure the distance from arch to centre of wheel?
Old 30 April 2003, 10:57 AM
POC
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Hi mate, no fowling... and yes you are right, i'm going lower at the front The back currently sits about 10mm lower than the front, makes the car very over-steery.... I will run the front 10mm lower than the back to make the car a little more neutral

I've been holding off measurung until its all finaly sorted and at the desired height/geo etc all setup... will get the figures for you soon
Old 01 May 2003, 08:54 AM
POC
Scooby Regular

Wink

Little update, wound the car down about another 35mm or so at the front, shes now sitting too low... DAMIT! [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Every little bump is causing the wheels to hit the plastic inner arches The top of the tyre isnt visable in the arch any longer, looking upwards to the top of the tyre I can see there is only a couple of mm clearance from the edge of the tyre to the plastic inner arch. Thing is handling wise the car is now poised almost perfectly (back sitting about 15m higher).

I will try two things tonight;

I shall adjust the suspension on the front so it is stiffer, with a bit of luck the reuced travel will stop the tyres fowling the inner arches......

If I still get rubbage then I will remove the inner plastic wings, this should give enough clearance

.....as a last resort I will raise the car 5mm [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] Getting there though...

As a side note, I had to remove the HKS PillowBall topmounts in order to get the drop I was looking for, std topmounts see a better drop

Thanks

Paul
Old 01 May 2003, 12:47 PM
swiss scooby
Scooby Regular

Wink

Sounds like your front bumper will soon hit every ant on the street!!!
Old 01 May 2003, 03:38 PM
T-uk
Scooby Regular

if it is of any use to you, with 215/40r17 tyres, running -1.5 degree camber front,-1 rear and a distance of approx 330mm centre of wheel to wing, I was fouling fairly often on the plastic lip front and 1/4panel lip on rear. I tried it lower at first but raised it after a few miles. at the moment I am at 336 front and 342 rear and the car so far has fouled once, at the front I think when it landed but seemed okay under the hard use it was getting.

I was in two minds about making my suspension stiffer as it might allow the better low look but on our great british roads ,I thought it would end up being a hard,skipping unpredictable car, the rear bump does need upped a bit on mine as the rear does not feel right yet, the front feels like it is on rails(only driven in the dry so far). I am also thinking of lifting the front a few mm and possibly dropping the rear a few just to see if it makes the car a bit more balanced.

I also had HKS mounts but could not get them to fit with the KW suspension, the Kw's are top and bottom adjustable and with the KW's thick top spring cap, deep HKS bearings and sleeved nuts I was unhappy to fit them, either due to lack of thread for the centre piston nut on the rear and just not being able to get into the flat faces to hold the piston on the front.top adjustable means you cannot use a hex key to hold the piston like on the standard set-up,instead I use a 8mm open spanner. did you use the spacers supplied with the HKS mounts?, not me, the supplier or anyone else that saw them could work out where they went

given the choice I would run them as I was struggling to get -1.5 degree camber on the front.
Old 01 May 2003, 08:38 PM
POC
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Thanks for the advice T-uk

Here is how low I had it, too much rubbage though, back up to a respectable level now