Notices
Subaru Parts This forum contains Subaru parts offered for sale by our members only.

USDM Forester XT EJ25 and 4.44 5MT Transmission For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 07 December 2019, 10:05 PM
xti
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default USDM Forester XT EJ25 and 4.44 5MT Transmission For Sale

My USDM Forester XT is currently at Thwaites Development Racing (TDR) in Warwick getting a 6 speed swap, so I have the original EJ25 and 5MT Manual Transmission for sale. The swap is currently being performed, but the engine and transmission should be available from around Tuesday or Wednesday (Dec. 9 or 10). The car has around 120K miles on it, and it was owned from an older couple and was completely unmodified when I purchased it a few months ago.

The engine runs very well and starts up almost instantaneously. The engine is from the USDM Forester XT so it is has a DBW throttle body, but you are welcome to also take the corresponding DBW ECU. Similarly, you can take any of the accessories and ancillaries that you would like (e.g. Intercooler, Radiator, TD04 Turbo, etc.). I would like 900 for the Engine package, but I am open to any offers.

The transmission shifts smoothly without any issues, and the clutch appears to have plenty of left. The transmission is a TY755VH4AA unit that is the same unit that came in the MY03 JDM Forester XT (Also the same ratios as the TY755VW5AA and TY755VB7AA). According to the chart on Rallispec, the gear ratios are as follow:
1st: 3.454
2nd: 1.947
3rd: 1.366
4th: 0.972
5th: 0.738
Rev: 3.333
T.R.: 1.000
F.D. 4.444
The transmission includes the corresponding R160 rear diff (27020AA050), and I am happy to include the axles, hubs/knuckles, and driveshaft if you want them. I would like to get 600 for the transmission bundle, but I am open to any reasonable offers.

I can get photos from TDR as soon as the engine and transmission are out. The car has been sitting for a while so the engine and transmission could use a good scrubbing to clean the aluminium but everything is in good mechanical condition.

Similarly, if there are any other parts from the car that you are interested in (shocks, 5x100 wheels, brakes, etc.), please let me know.

Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions that you have, or I am sure that TDR would be happy to help with any questions as well.

Thank you,
Ben

Last edited by xti; 07 December 2019 at 10:24 PM.
Old 10 December 2019, 11:11 AM
xti
Scooby Newbie

Bump. I'm really flexible with the prices and am open to almost any reasonable offers.
Old 12 December 2019, 12:40 PM
JJG
Scooby Regular

I've just had my FSTi mapped at TDR, what you having built?
Old 12 December 2019, 12:52 PM
xti
Scooby Newbie

I have a USDM Forester XT that I am having an FSTI 6 speed and motor (with STI Brembos, 5x114.3 hubs and knuckles, KW V3 Coilovers, VF48, etc.) swapped into. The motor is the same as my existing one but I figured it was an good time to swap for a low mileage one since I got a good deal on it.

I am surprised that there isn't much interest in the transmission package though. I don't believe that the 4.44 transmission was available outside of the USDM and JDM models and it is really tough. Great ratios as well.

Per the NASIOC forums: "The 04 Forester XT trans is materially similar to the v5 and v6 STi sedan 5 speed transmissions.

I believe it has a hardened 1st and 2nd gear, and significantly revised synchro design. It can be thrown back into 1st very easily on the fly. It is also a much smoother shifting box than the WRX unit.

The 4.444 final drive also makes flogging it quite a bit easier on the gearset, more mechanical advantage at the diffs means less at the gears."

The transmission would make a great swap or even spare for someone who wants to keep their 5 speed. I mostly want it gone out of convenience because I don't think I will be able to take it back to America with me easily. I am open to almost any offer.
Old 12 December 2019, 03:03 PM
JJG
Scooby Regular

Oh ok, you're not going forged then on the replacement engine? As I said above I've already got an FSTi but had it rebuilt due to compression loss on 2 and 4. Turned out bad valve seats but now it's fully forged so all good for miles to come. You could try popping a post on the Forester FB group and see if you get any interest?
Old 10 January 2020, 11:07 PM
trails
Scooby Regular

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Hi Ben is the gearbox and diff still available?
Old 10 January 2020, 11:57 PM
xti
Scooby Newbie

Hi Trails,

The gearbox and diff are still available!

-Ben

Trending Topics

Old 22 January 2020, 05:58 PM
daBaas04
Scooby Regular

Do you sell the complete engine with ecu?