Engine Swap

Search this Thread

Old 01 April 2010, 07:46 AM
hendrixwoman
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Engine Swap

Ello peeps

Will a jap import Forester (turb) engine slot straight into an Impreza Turb? I know the imports are supposed to make 240ps you see and thought it'd be a good way of replacing my tired tickety slappy 150,000 miler Some guy asked the same question yesterday but got no response and I would love to know as it be a pretty cheap fix for me if so as Forester engines can be snapped up for around 200-250 from the scrappy whereas Impreza engines are like 5-600 for ropey old 95ers whose best days are well behind them. The reason I wanted to go for the Forester engine is because the Foresters have normally had an easy life in comparison to the more sporty Impreza.

Ultimately I would love to bung in an STI engine but funds are somewhat limited at mo and the ticking/knocking is getting worse so I would like to have an engine in advance of when I need it rather than having to struggle to find one when my current engine decides to go knackered
Old 01 April 2010, 01:12 PM
hendrixwoman
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Good job I wasn't holding my breath ...I'm jesting of course peeps so don't be hatin.

For anyone else who had this query.... No the Forester engine isn't as easy a swap as I thought after speaking to a local Subaru expert who also will do me a V4 STI engine and ecu for £600...jubbly Dare I ask if this will fit straight in? I'm kidding folks.

I thank anyone who took the time to read my post whether they felt it was something they could help with or not

Cheers all