Notices
Subaru This forum contains only Subarus offered for sale by our members.

'99-00my lightweight race/trackday rolling shell

Search this Thread

Old 23 February 2012, 02:25 PM
budd
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '99-00my lightweight race/trackday rolling shell

For sale is my race car project rolling shell, based on a '99-00my UK turbo

The car as been extensively stripped and lightened, firstly the car was stripped to just the shell on axle stands then all sound deadening material (felt, bitumen pads etc ) was removed, every bit from behind the dash floor pan, boot etc, complete sunroof assembly removed and roof plated (panel welded in and sealed ) rear doors are gutted and the car is fully fire-walled, the boot lid is skinned and retained by bonnet clips and terry springs, also to reduce chassis flex additional bracing was welded into the area between the rear strut turrets, then the interior was primed and sprayed in 2K graphite grey,.

Next came the modified and lightened wiring loom, all ABS, airbag, A/C, spot light, interior light, wiring has been removed in fact anything other than basic functions was deleted, boot mounted battery in GRP box, wiring for FAI battery cut off (with correct ballast to protect alternator), manual fan override, MSA rain light and switching for ignition and external fuel pump was incorporated into the loom.

The interior is completed with a light weight dash and modified ventilation /heater blower system, relocated ECU mounting, the switches for battery cut off, fans, fuel pump and ignition are mounted on a carbon fibre panel.

The fuel system is also uprated, featuring walbro in tank lift pump feeding 1.5 litre swirl pot with a Bosch Motorsport external pump feeding the rail.

(fire-wall removed to show fuel system and chassis bracing)

(ECU mounting and wiring relocated behind N/S air bag cover)

Moving to the body, the underside is clean rust free and waxoyled, the rear subframe is seam welded and solidly mounted to the shell, the rear end as been stripped cleaned painted and rebuilt and is fully poly bushed (ins diff mount), front sruts are seam welded and braced in the inner wing area.
Overall the body work is OK with a few scuffs and knocks but nothing bad, it as some race paint and graphics, I have some carbon wrap for the roof which I'll include, front Sabelt tow strap fitted, plus bonnet pins and boot pins and terry springs.

Suspension is gas dampers Eibach lowering springs, the modified struts and camber bolts allow almost 3 degrees of neg camber.

Brakes are 90% re-piped as required due to ABS delete, rear discs are groved, fronts are OE 2 pots with Ferodo DS pads (new).

That's about it really, chassis will come with, gearbox (with B&M start shift), diff, drive shafts, 17” Kie racing alloys, etc etc plus front and rear lights, (less front side lights), front seats (rear to if required) and V5 (on a T reg)
There's probably quite a bit I've missed out so any questions please ask away, this could be just the thing for anyone looking to re-shell a car or build a race / trackday car, this car pretty much just needs some power, a front bumper and with a little effort cold be back on the track.

now open to offers,
I've delayed breaking it because I've been away at the TT but if it's not sold by Monday then it's getting stripped and weighed in.

For more info use PM or ring 07876387062 or email mach_1_motorsport@rocketmail.com

Last edited by budd; 13 June 2012 at 07:50 PM.
Old 23 February 2012, 02:43 PM
M4RKG
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just out of interest mate, what is the weight now?
Old 23 February 2012, 04:14 PM
budd
Scooby Regular

Not sure exactly, the last time is was weighed it came in just under 1100kgs, but since then it's had alot more weight removed, the weight limit for the race series was 1200kg with driver and residual fuel so the intention was to get it down to 1050 kg (inc cage and safety gear) +90kg for driver + 5-10kg residual fuel then ballast it up to 1200kg min required, but removing the first 100-200kg of excess weight is fairly easy, after that it gets more difficult plus weight is added in the form of the safety gear to prep it for racing so beaing in mind it's no safety equipment fitted at present the weight should be around the 1025kg make. As I said I can't be exactly sure as it didn't get to the final spec and therefore final weight, but it is very light, on the Eibach lowering springs it stood more than 2 inch HIGHER than stock !! and when driven you could really feel the lack of mass, it felt alot more responsive with it's relatively low 300bhp the difference the weight loss made was quite dramatic and probably more important then massive power.

Last edited by budd; 23 February 2012 at 08:03 PM.
Old 29 February 2012, 06:21 PM
budd
Scooby Regular

bump
Old 16 March 2012, 09:11 PM
budd
Scooby Regular

bump
Old 17 May 2012, 06:05 PM
budd
Scooby Regular

:UPDATE :

I still have this available, but since the original ad some parts have been removed, mainly the fuel system, but I now need the space, as I've an MR2 coming and this needs preparing for the MR2 challenge so the Impreza absolutely as to go ASAP !!, I'd prefer to let it go as a rolling shell so I'm open to offers on it as is, if I get no sensible offers then I'll strip the good/new parts and weigh the shell in. The ECUtek'd ecu alone as got to be worth £200!!.

Like I said it needs to be gone by the end of the month so open to offers

Last edited by budd; 28 May 2012 at 11:54 AM.
Old 28 May 2012, 11:54 AM
budd
Scooby Regular

!!BUMP!!
Old 13 June 2012, 07:47 PM
budd
Scooby Regular

I can't believe I've still got this car, i was hoping it would be gone when I returned from the Isle of Man TT, but it's still here , alot of work as gone into it, read the spec and make me an offer it's got to be worth £500 !!!