Notices
Subaru This forum contains only Subarus offered for sale by our members.

2005 blob wrx PPP wagon

Search this Thread

Old 09 February 2015, 03:28 PM
Blaize
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 blob wrx PPP wagon

Bought this last year as a family car, but while it is great fun to drive, with a child seat in the back, the pass seat has to go too far forward. My wife can't take her knees in the dash any longer so we have bought a Cayenne turbo to replace it (and the wrx is still faster....but she has spoken). Shame as I really like it, but it simply isn't getting used now. In the time I have had it (I am BTW a pro mechanic) I have replaced the cam belt, replaced the clutch, fitted a lightened flywheel, changed all four shocks for KYB's with STI springs, decatted the pre-cat (I will include the original unit), and built a subwoofer box in the boot for a pair of DVC 10's. The bass is frankly ridiculous. Plugs were done 6 months ago. Both the 02 sensor and the MAF are new at the same time (was running lean under boost, MAF cured it), and I also did a compression test while the plugs were out. I don't remember the figures offhand, but they were strong and even across all 4. I have mounted a 3 gauge pod with boost, oil temp , and volts, and a pillar pod with an innovate wideband. Guy that had it before me was using it for hill climbing till the clutch let go. He has done both front and rear whiteline strut braces, and most of the bushes underneath as well, with anti lift blocks. it has a short shifter (though I have no idea what brand) and an ally ****. front brakes are STI gold Brembo's. the rear cats are gone and its 2.5 from the euro back. Its a PPP car running the standard map and it goes like hell.

My plan was always to wind things up a bit and it is now to the point where one could, but this kid stuff really does take up all your time and I simply am not going to get to it. Meanwhile, she is making "lets get a camper van" noises and so this is going to have to go as I cannot fit all that on the drive.

So, while I am tempted to pull the sound and the gauges out and sell it all off then sell the car closer to standard, In the interest of a quick sale, I'll let it go as is for the same price just so I don't have to do the work.

It has an MOT till may. Last test had advisories for a misting shock, they have all been replaced since then. a split cv gaiter, it has also been replaced. and worn rear brake pads, and it will still need that done. And of course you will need to swap that pre cat back in for the test.

So, its on the forum here as one of you boys may be willing to throw a set of pads on yourself and take it from here. If it doesn't sell here, I'll do the pads, pull all the gauges and the sound, and stick it on eBay in a month or so.

Its full leather, heated front seats, sunroof, elec windows. A kenwood cd player with bluetooth, iPod input, etc. The box in the boot is fibreglass and lifts right out. I have the spare donut and the tool set and they will go with the car, but obis don't fit in the boot with the box there. I've also got an eBay special cold air intake that was fitted when I bought it but I put the stock box back in when chasing that lean running and never bothered switching back.

Im after £4k for it and that is WELL below what I have invested not to mention my own labor time. Its a little rocketship and aside from the rear pads it wants for nothing.

These pictures are crap as they are taken in my drive. If there is any interest I can take more.
Old 09 February 2015, 03:38 PM
Blaize
Scooby Regular

Old 09 February 2015, 07:16 PM
vertematidog
Scooby Regular

Looks well whats the mileage,number of owners and the condition of the bodywork, any rust scrapes or dents, does it have the service history ?
Old 09 February 2015, 09:01 PM
Blaize
Scooby Regular

Christ I forgot the mileage! It's at 105k now. Cambelt was changed at 97k when I bought it last year.

There are no rust or scrapes on the bodywork. I'll get it out of the drive tomorrow (writing the add today has got me wanting to go for a blast anyway) and I'll have a closer look and take/post pictures. It's original paint and of course black, so every mark shows, but it does polish up very well and is very presentable. I did polish the bonnet and boot lid (also debadged it) last summer so it's all in pretty good shape. Like I said, I'll post better pictures in the morning.

I realised literally as soon as I pressed the post button today that I don't have the bloody v5. We just moved house and they got mailed for the address change last week. As such I don't know exactly what owner number I am, but I'm pretty sure I am number 4, so 3 prev.

Last edited by Blaize; 14 February 2015 at 08:54 AM.
Old 09 February 2015, 09:05 PM
Blaize
Scooby Regular

Oh and service history, I do have a stack of receipts given to me by the P.O. For batteries and tires and such. And the service book is stamped up. As I said I am a mechanic and this was my wife's car/family car. So I did a full work up when I bought it. It's about 1/2 way to an oil change now, but that's all it will need. Cambelt, plugs, fuel filter, and all the fluids (ALL of them) were done by me when I bought it.
Old 17 February 2015, 04:25 PM
rovermb6
Scooby Regular

Hi, nice wagon, were abouts are you?
Old 17 February 2015, 09:17 PM
Blaize
Scooby Regular

I'm in Kings worthy just north of Winchester. I'll get some better pictures posted up tomorrow morning. Been a busy week.