Notices
Subaru This forum contains only Subarus offered for sale by our members.

Subaru Impreza 2.5 2006 WRX STI Type UK

Search this Thread

Old 05 July 2014, 02:39 PM
oHUTCHYo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subaru Impreza 2.5 2006 WRX STI Type UK

Subaru Impreza 2.5 2006 WRX STI Type UK

Introduction
It sincerely breaks my heart to be listing for sale, my beloved UK specification Subaru Impreza 2.5 2006 WRX STI with DCCD in Obsidian black. Only 61,000 miles and is HPI clear. It is also one of the rare 2006 models to fall in to the lower tax band. I don’t often write car adverts as wordy or as long as this one, however I really feel the car deserves me going in to such detail, so read on.

I have owned the car since June of this year after waiting patiently for a car of this calibre to come up for sale for many, many months. In actual fact, the right car did never come up for sale, I actually approached the owner of this car who is a Subaru enthusiast and begged him to consider selling it to me as it truly ticked all of the boxes. John (Scoobyboy01 https://www.scoobynet.com/member.php?u=38044) is a known Scoobynet member and is about as OCD as they come and a top bloke . Gladly, he obliged, after much convincing.

The reason for sale, as honest as I can possibly be, is recent back pain from a gym injury which is beginning to appear more serious than I first imagined and am due to commence physiotherapy and possibly an operation in the coming weeks. Ultimately it means that I require a more comfortable car and likely something with extremely adjustable leathers to help me slide in and out easily for my daily commute. I’ll also add that my Fiancee refuses to drive the car, which although comical, does prove to be annoying on occasion when I need a designated driver.

Condition
The car itself is in truly excellent condition. Mechanically and electrically, the car runs and performs just as it should with no faults, engine issues or knocks. Myself and its previous owner/s have clearly cared for this car with no expense spared. Needless to say that the car is of course always warmed up and never driven on boost until the engine and gearbox are warm. She is also driven off boost prior to turning off the engine to ensure a good cooling down period.

The bodywork is excellent condition with no dents or significant scratches, just the occasional mark related to age and are mostly front end related from unavoidable stone chips. She cleans lovely and I take pleasure in cleaning her every weekend with a variety of cleaning products including Autoglym, Collinite and Sonax.

The interior is also in excellent condition, with no visible marks to interior trim. The seats have recently been valeted and are unbelievably clean and fresh. The air conditioning and climate control blow nice and cold with no smell.

With freshly refurbished and powder coated alloys and new tyres, the wheels are in mint condition and look amazing.

The car has 12 months MOT and 2 months remaining tax. As mentioned, this car is also one of the rare 2006 models which actually falls in to the lower tax band, which is a huge benefit.

Servicing
One of the major attractions to this car for me, was the absolute amount of paperwork and history included. It has full Subaru service history, which is very unusual, more so when it is also then backed up with interim services completed by the previous owner/s. It had new tyres all round just recently and also had front brake pads replaced.

It all reads as follows;
21/04/06 / 1051 miles
3/3/07 / 5546 miles
22/2/08 / 11738 miles
10/11/08 / 21563 miles
6/10/09 / 31425 miles
20/10/10 / 40823 miles
31/10/11 / 49060 miles, including the important cambelt change
31/10/12 / 54616 miles
27/10/13 / 57564 miles

Redline Magazine Feature
Included with the sale, is a USB memory stick containing videos and magazine scans of a feature article in Redline Magazine. This article focused on this very car and had it set on a rolling road, remapped to a variety of OEM, aftermarket and bespoke modifications to ascertain the best combination. This is a very nice piece of history to own alongside the car and also inspires confidence in its pedigree.

Modifications
The car is currently running a safe and responsible 377 bhp / 412 lb/ft

Apexi air filter
Ported Headers
3"inch decat downpipe
3"inch Scoobyworld Raptor Exhaust
Japspeed Front Mounter Inter Cooler
Ecutek remap
Front anti-roll bar
OEM Subaru Impreza 2011 STI Enkei alloys, freshly refurbished and powder coated anthracite
New 225/40/18 Vredestein Sessanta tyres front and rear
Blobeye front and rear seats
Blobeye rear light conversion
Blobeye rear tailgate, debadged and smoothed
Eibach fully adjustable pro street coilovers
HT Autos front splitter
HT Autos rear bumper corner splitters
Rear window tints
Detango / blackened headlights
Blackended side repeaters

Summary
I apologise for such a long advert, but again think the car deserves it and by now am sure you will agree. In summary, what are the 5 reasons for you to buy this car?
  1. Excellent condition throughout
  2. New tyres all round and new front brake pads
  3. Lower tax band
  4. All of the right modifications to make for a stunning car which is especially well planted for road use
  5. Only 3 previous owners and 61,000 miles, all whom cherished this car with the paperwork and history to show

Prospective Buyers
I am a mature owner and treat my cars with great respect. As a potential buyer I ask you to do the same. I will not tolerate gangs of youths, tyre kickers or time wasters. This sale is directed towards true enthusiasts who appreciate and respect the car for what it is. Test drives will be given at my discretion upon proof of full insurance, otherwise I will give the test drive and only to those parties who appear genuine.

For those travelling, it would be my pleasure to collect you from my local train station if you wish.

Price: £10,400 ono

Click image for larger version

Name:	PnRnMNf.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	212.0 KB
ID:	74362

Name:	IzgUv54.jpg
Size:	191.2 KB
ID:	74363

Name:	4cloXvt.jpg
Size:	170.8 KB
ID:	74364

Name:	qR0YixM.jpg
Size:	173.6 KB
ID:	74365

Name:	hQoakix.jpg
Size:	160.0 KB
ID:	74366

Name:	aEwuKTr.jpg
Size:	236.3 KB
ID:	74367

Name:	VyI5SgX.jpg
Size:	161.7 KB
ID:	74368

Name:	OGYWSuk.jpg
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	74369

Name:	up38FHr.jpg
Size:	211.6 KB
ID:	74370

Name:	EHp2Q8X.jpg
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	74371

Name:	KQ2x2iN.jpg
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	74372

Name:	9EmTlAA.jpg
Size:	154.2 KB
ID:	74373

Name:	iPM6r0f.jpg
Size:	168.3 KB
ID:	74374

Last edited by oHUTCHYo; 05 July 2014 at 09:26 PM.
Old 05 July 2014, 09:03 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Still looks stunning!!! Someone is going to get a awesome car!!!

Sound of that Raptor exhaust and the induction noise still sends shivers down my spine!!!
Old 05 July 2014, 09:18 PM
oHUTCHYo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1
Still looks stunning!!! Someone is going to get a awesome car!!!

Sound of that Raptor exhaust and the induction noise still sends shivers down my spine!!!
I still think you had Darth Vader hiding under the bonnet somewhere. Air never sounded so good

I'll really miss her
Old 06 July 2014, 12:14 AM
WebbeR
Scooby Regular

If i can get my 330d M sport sold fast i will be in touch. Great looking car
Old 06 July 2014, 07:14 AM
Marietto
Scooby Regular

Shame you have to let it go Hutchy mate after such a short time - but your health comes 1st. This car is a stunner and reminds me a little of my own black Hawkeye - so much so I want to buy it off you mate! However I am in Type R mode at the minute as well as about to have a full knee replacement so no driving for at least 2 months for me - just at the wrong time for me. Wish you all the best with the sale of this gorgeous vehicle
Old 06 July 2014, 07:16 AM
oHUTCHYo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Marietto
Shame you have to let it go Hutchy mate after such a short time - but your health comes 1st. This car is a stunner and reminds me a little of my own black Hawkeye - so much so I want to buy it off you mate! However I am in Type R mode at the minute as well as about to have a full knee replacement so no driving for at least 2 months for me - just at the wrong time for me. Wish you all the best with the sale of this gorgeous vehicle
Thanks so much mate
Old 06 July 2014, 09:37 AM
oHUTCHYo
Scooby Regular

Deposit taken, car is sold pending full payment and collection.

I've never been so sad to see a car go, but am just grateful it's gone to a nice guy and someone who will take good care of her.

Old 06 July 2014, 08:50 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

That was quick mate!!! But good clean cars sell
Old 06 July 2014, 09:03 PM
ScoobyDoo69
Scooby Senior

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Old 06 July 2014, 09:09 PM
oHUTCHYo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1
That was quick mate!!! But good clean cars sell

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo69

Last edited by oHUTCHYo; 06 July 2014 at 10:04 PM.
Old 10 July 2014, 01:14 PM
bparkes007
Scooby Regular

OH!! I was looking for this type... what a perfect car... lucky new owner... cant wait to get one myself.. Finally able to get a turbo'd scoob... still have a R Sport..
Old 10 July 2014, 01:41 PM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Someone's got one hell of a sweet car!