Styling Exterior styling

Morrette's

Search this Thread

Old 12 July 2008, 01:16 PM
Richard.B
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Morrette's

After going out for a drive last night, I've come to the conclusion the standard headlights on the GC8 are shocking, which got me thinking about the morrette's. Now after a bit of searching on here I found this https://www.scoobynet.com/archive/in...p/t-50498.html , which tells me that the Morrette's dipped is about as good as the standard .

I weas wondering if the uprated bulbs made a difference to anyone else that has the Morrette's fitted.

Also whilst I'm here and on the subject of these, Painting them? They'll be going on a white classic which will be having a carbon bonnet. I can't decide if they would look better painted or unpainted like on the JGTC car.

Your thoughts and opinions are greatly welcomed

Thanks

Richard
Old 12 July 2008, 03:28 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

May be poor,but will allow an HID kit, this will give a much higher light output, BOB'5 on here does them at a good price.
6K for dipped beam is a cool blue tint, but 4300 K for main beam, as it scatters less in damp, murky conditions.

HTH

DunxC
Old 12 July 2008, 03:33 PM
Richard.B
Scooby Regular

Had HID's in my CRX and tbh I thought they were a load of toss. They weren't the cheap Ebay kit either. Perhaps they are different in the Morettes though
Old 12 July 2008, 03:52 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Hi Richard,

Our HID kits work very well with Morettes

ScoobyNet Group Buy Specials - HIDs (Xenon) Lighting Kits + RAYS Lightweight Wheel Nuts + Brakes
Old 12 July 2008, 06:40 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Firstly, be aware that HID aftermarket kits are only legal for offroad use. If you use them on UK roads, it's YOUR choice and you run the risk, no matter how small, of being prosecuted.

Secondly, the GC8 uses H4 bulbs, so you don't have a choice of 6000Kfor dips, and 4300K for main beam, it's one or the other.

Thirdly, the H4 HID is a B@stard mix of a bulb, which, although it does produce more light, does neither dip, nor main beam properly.

Fourthly, Yes, Morettes ARE better at NOT scattering the light than the OE lights, (the lense are made by Cibie), and YES, with uprated bulbs, are pretty good.
Coupled with a decent set of driving lights, you'll be happy AND legal

Alcazar
Old 12 July 2008, 07:01 PM
Richard.B
Scooby Regular

I am fully aware on the legalities of HID's and as I have mentioned previously, I wasn't really all that impressed by them on my old car, so the chances of me going HID's again are slim...

Now as for the painting question, Any ideas?

http://kamasuzu.hobby-web.net/kabegami/imp_12.jpg

I do quite like the look of it (I know its a painting and not a photo, but finding photo's of that GC8 are difficult to say the least) but I'm not sure that, with a carbon bonnet it might be too much.
Old 12 July 2008, 09:48 PM
bighead
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I have HIDs in my morrettes and there are bright as daylights

Trending Topics

Old 13 July 2008, 12:20 AM
Woody69
Scooby Regular

I'm in the same boat mate!! Carn't decide to get them painted or not!!
Old 13 July 2008, 12:28 AM
Ginge !
Scooby Regular

where can i buy these from ????

JC motorsport has them on hes scoobie with the HID conversion and they are ALOT beter than standard lights
Old 13 July 2008, 12:32 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Wink

That's mine, with MRO splitter, Morettes colour coded, Hella HID driving lights, meshed grilles, and home-made Subaru badge on the lower mesh grille.

Alcazar
Old 13 July 2008, 01:36 PM
dazdavies
Scooby Regular

Received 82 Likes on 46 Posts

Alcazar ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz again!!

We all know about your stance on the legalities but please stop ramming it down everyone's throats.

I've just been given a HID kit to try. I've got morrettes and am very pleased with the results. I've got the H4 bi Xenon kit and they are excellent. My only complaint is that the fitting instructions were complete gash and after a fair bit of trial and error I got the bloody things to work. Since then I havent looked back. So much brighter on dipped beam. Main beam with HID main beam, inner morrette main beam and PIAA driving lights is astonishing
Old 13 July 2008, 02:49 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by dazdavies
Alcazar ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz again!!

We all know about your stance on the legalities but please stop ramming it down everyone's throats.
Where you been Daz? The last thread containing stuff on HID's ended with me stating, QUITE PLAINLY that I will no longer post on HID threads about legality, once I see that anyone pushing the kits lets folk know of the legal position SO THEY CAN MAKE THEIR OWN MINDS UP!!

So far, it's not happened, so I continue to post, AND NOWT WILL STOP ME

Originally Posted by dazdavies
I've just been given a HID kit to try. I've got morrettes and am very pleased with the results. I've got the H4 bi Xenon kit and they are excellent. My only complaint is that the fitting instructions were complete gash and after a fair bit of trial and error I got the bloody things to work. Since then I havent looked back. So much brighter on dipped beam. Main beam with HID main beam, inner morrette main beam and PIAA driving lights is astonishing
I'm happy for you

When are you going to look back at the thread on Morette sidelights, and see if the bulbholder I showed is the one you have?

Alcazar
Old 13 July 2008, 04:14 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by alcazar
Where you been Daz? The last thread containing stuff on HID's ended with me stating, QUITE PLAINLY that I will no longer post on HID threads about legality, once I see that anyone pushing the kits lets folk know of the legal position SO THEY CAN MAKE THEIR OWN MINDS UP!!

So far, it's not happened, so I continue to post, AND NOWT WILL STOP ME
There is no requirement or need to tell people of the legalities of every single product, on every single post (whether it be Exhausts, Brakes, Lights etc etc) when this information is made clear before a purchase is made.

People can make their own minds up before they buy. Simple.

You've already been proven wrong with your constant bleating about being "illegal to sell".

Last edited by Aztec Performance Ltd; 13 July 2008 at 05:30 PM.
Old 13 July 2008, 06:00 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by BOB5
There is no requirement or need to tell people of the legalities of every single product, on every single post (whether it be Exhausts, Brakes, Lights etc etc) when this information is made clear before a purchase is made.
So stop whinging about it, and TELL PEOPLE THE TRUTH FROM THE OUTSET. It may not be a legal requirement, but it's common decency, and lieing by ommision is still lieing.

People can make their own minds up before they buy. Simple.
Only if they've been dealt with truthfully and transparently from the outset. NOT hidden in small print afterwards

You've already been proven wrong with your constant bleating about being "illegal to sell".
Not a chance, mate, wrong as usual.

What I DID was to quote an engineer from the DfT. What you're doing is doing is quoting YOURSELF. LOL Who would YOU rather believe? An expert, or some shopkeeper out to make a few quid? It's a no-brainer, even for you BOB

Back to sleep now, unless you want to come back and threaten me, which seems to be what you do when cornered. LOL

See if you can find any slander in my post;D Or even libel, which is what I THINK you meanLOL at BOB5.

Oh, and BOB............I WOULD NOT have said owt, had you been honest in YOUR post. You know what you have to do.................until then, good luck!

Alcazar

Last edited by alcazar; 13 July 2008 at 06:05 PM.
Old 13 July 2008, 10:15 PM
dazdavies
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar

When are you going to look back at the thread on Morette sidelights, and see if the bulbholder I showed is the one you have?

Alcazar

When you stop bleating on about the legalities of HID lights lol
Old 13 July 2008, 10:26 PM
Richard.B
Scooby Regular

I'm sorry but the pair of you STFU. I've asked a simple question about Morettes, uprating bulbs and whether to paint the morettes or not. I don't want my thread turning into the other thread about morettes in the electrical forum. IMHO one thread of arguing about it all is enough. Not every single thread when HID's are mentioned.

Old 13 July 2008, 11:26 PM
dazdavies
Scooby Regular

Wind your over sensitive neck in for crying out loud!!!
You'll notice that I had answered your question about Morrettes. But I'll answer it in more detail this time, it might just sink in.

I have morrettes and they are an improvement over the standard lights but not brilliant. I tried aftermarket bulbs which were better still. I have recently added a Bi Xenon HID kit which improves things by about 500%. So invest in a HID kit that would be my advice.

As for colour I orginally had a white classic and put morrettes on them and the car looked better no end.

Now stop being a such a drama queen there's a good chap

Last edited by dazdavies; 13 July 2008 at 11:28 PM.
Old 13 July 2008, 11:36 PM
Richard.B
Scooby Regular

I wasn't refering to you Daz, I was refering to Alcazar and Bob.

Thank you for the more in depth answer though. Greatly appreciated
Old 13 July 2008, 11:51 PM
dazdavies
Scooby Regular

No worries
Old 13 July 2008, 11:59 PM
Richard.B
Scooby Regular

Out of interest Daz, what bulbs are running on the inner morette high beam?
Old 14 July 2008, 12:27 AM
dazdavies
Scooby Regular

Can't remember the exact details. I think they are 100w Osrams.