Notices
Styling Exterior styling

who does a front lip spolier for Blob Eye WRX Wagon ?

Search this Thread

Old 21 August 2005, 06:08 PM
Mutts Nutts
Scooby Regular

Location: AKA *Smiles* Laindon, Essex. MY04 Psuedo-STI Wagon http://swrt.verio.co.uk www.remanissradio.net
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default who does a front lip spolier for Blob Eye WRX Wagon ?

Hi everyone,

trying to get hold of a front lip spoiler/ splitter for our new age blob eye wagon.
I'm told (rightly or wrongly) that the new age 04 4dr wrx/sti ones wont fit a new age 04 wagon, is that the case? does anyone have one fitted on a new age?

I saw revolutions demo wagon has a nice one, but they mentioned on their site that is a cut and cropped jobbie to fit. Has any one bought one that fitted straight on?
I dont want to have to pay the 200 notes that subaru dealers want.

Much Appreciated
Old 21 August 2005, 07:42 PM
richiewong
Twatful

I got one of these from Scott Lowe, according to the website they'll fit wagons as well
Name:  WRX037.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  71.0 KB

Last edited by richiewong; 21 August 2005 at 07:46 PM.
Old 21 August 2005, 08:44 PM
Mutts Nutts
Scooby Regular

Location: AKA *Smiles* Laindon, Essex. MY04 Psuedo-STI Wagon http://swrt.verio.co.uk www.remanissradio.net
Thumbs up

Cheers Richie, Much appreciated.

I'll take a look at site . I'm also on the lookout for some new wheels to replace my standard wrx ones, the ones in the pic look the bizness, what are they?

cheers again
Old 21 August 2005, 08:58 PM
Mutts Nutts
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Spot on Richie 10/10 ... I just ordered one .

Now my quest is for a wagon rear lower lip.. this could be tougher.... any ideas anyone ?
Old 21 August 2005, 09:53 PM
richiewong
Twatful

Originally Posted by Mutts Nutts
Cheers Richie, Much appreciated.

I'll take a look at site . I'm also on the lookout for some new wheels to replace my standard wrx ones, the ones in the pic look the bizness, what are they?

cheers again
They are 18" Speedline Turini's in anthracite shod in Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3's 225/40/18 from Revolution
Old 22 August 2005, 01:48 PM
Squadron-Leader
Scooby Regular

Mutts Nutts

The day I picked her up....

...and after Scott Lowe splitter, Prodrive springs and STi fog covers....

J.
Old 22 August 2005, 02:14 PM
Mutts Nutts
Scooby Regular

Cheers Squadron Leader, nice wagon

I like the lowered look on the std wheels, so much nicer. I think I'll do that first b4 I change my wheels for 18's - dont want to make it look like its wearing high heels .

I'm in a dilemma now, just seen this http://www.japanparts.com/Pic/pic069/005-001.htm and wondering whether to cancel the scott lowe splitter and go for this. Its cheaper than through dealer and it says it comes painted which would be a bonus at that price as is only 50 notes more approx than splitter.... decisions, decisions and I'm a Libra as well which makes its double tough

Some one help me decide..... i'm like

anyone fitted on of these front lips as opposed to the splitter ?

Cheers all
Old 22 August 2005, 02:26 PM
Mutts Nutts
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Squadron-Leader
Mutts Nutts

...and after Scott Lowe splitter, Prodrive springs and STi fog covers....

J.
What is the ride like after lowering on the standard wheels, the wife is worried about it being a really stiff and harsh ride. We have two dogs that are regular passengers so dont want to sacrifice practicality /functionality for looks and performance handling, dont want to feel every bump in the road.
She remembers when we had lowered springs on our Williams Clio and it nearly made your fillings fall out.

Cheers
Old 22 August 2005, 03:42 PM
Squadron-Leader
Scooby Regular

I didn't notice any increase in the hardness of the ride, just better cornering, turn in and a lot less roll.

My wife didn't notice the drop in ride height, let alone any extra hardness.

The splitter on Japanparts.com looks like the Subaru OEM wagon splitter. I was quoted just under £400 for painting and fitting from my dealer.... and that included a 10% SIDC discount!

The OEM splitter is nice, but it's huge. The sides stick out a fair bit and make the standard side skirts look small IMHO.

There's a few guys from the Essex area that have newage wagon's and Scott Lowe splitters, maybe you're near one of them and could take a look? ('Granby' has got one on his Silver wagon)

As for a rear wagon splitter... I only know of the Subaru one, but I've heard that Scott Lowe maybe thinking of making one.

J.
Old 22 August 2005, 08:22 PM
Mutts Nutts
Scooby Regular

Thanks Scott, I have PM'd you
Old 22 August 2005, 08:29 PM
Mutts Nutts
Scooby Regular

One last question, did you get the springs fitted by Dealer, if so how much was it ? or would you suggest I take them somewhere else to get them fitted. XtremeScoobies is closest for me I reckon or Elite maybe.

'Cos its only just over a year old, I want to keep the warranty vaild, will this be a problem if they aren't fitted by dealer do you/ anyone know.

Thanks again

Steve

I didn't notice any increase in the hardness of the ride, just better cornering, turn in and a lot less roll.

My wife didn't notice the drop in ride height, let alone any extra hardness.

The splitter on Japanparts.com looks like the Subaru OEM wagon splitter. I was quoted just under £400 for painting and fitting from my dealer.... and that included a 10% SIDC discount!

The OEM splitter is nice, but it's huge. The sides stick out a fair bit and make the standard side skirts look small IMHO.

There's a few guys from the Essex area that have newage wagon's and Scott Lowe splitters, maybe you're near one of them and could take a look? ('Granby' has got one on his Silver wagon)

As for a rear wagon splitter... I only know of the Subaru one, but I've heard that Scott Lowe maybe thinking of making one.

J.
Old 22 August 2005, 09:47 PM
richiewong
Twatful

Got prodrive springs fitted to mine usual price is about £400ish for supply and fitting with geometry set up.

Never noticed the difference in ride as these were fitted before delivery.
Had an STi Type R before hand and in comparsion, its bloody luxury
Old 22 August 2005, 09:53 PM
Mutts Nutts
Scooby Regular

Hi Richie,

was that Dealer price?

Cheers

Originally Posted by richiewong
Got prodrive springs fitted to mine usual price is about £400ish for supply and fitting with geometry set up.

Never noticed the difference in ride as these were fitted before delivery.
Had an STi Type R before hand and in comparsion, its bloody luxury
Old 22 August 2005, 09:59 PM
richiewong
Twatful

Yep from Stan Palmers based in Carlisle, an absolutely superb dealership who know what they are doing not like some
Old 22 August 2005, 10:00 PM
Squadron-Leader
Scooby Regular

Steve

If you want to keep your warranty then let Subaru do it. You could get some lowering springs fitted (and the geo reset) a fair bit cheaper elsewhere.... but if a shock was to bust within the next year.... Subaru are well within their rights to refuse the repair.

My local dealer is Gatwick Subaru. The guys at the dealership are all very enthusiastic about 'mods' to Impreza's, and have carried out all sorts of suspension mods to owner’s cars (that I know) from in and around Sussex. Dave Hollamby is the Service Manager and will sort you out.

The cost of the springs, bump stops, geo reset and labour (with 10% SIDC discount) came to £419. (2.2 hours to change the springs and 1 hour for geo and road testing)

Some dealers maybe cheaper, but I trust Gatwick with my car.

J.
Old 22 August 2005, 10:20 PM
Mutts Nutts
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Thanks,
My local dealers are in Chelmsford or Romford, so will give them a call for quotes.

But as it happens, we are actually house hunting in west sussex at moment, probably in crawley as need to commute to the city. So I guess Gatwick would be our local dealer then, may be a good way to get aqauinted - another new wagon on the block maybe in west sussex.

Steve.
Steve

If you want to keep your warranty then let Subaru do it. You could get some lowering springs fitted (and the geo reset) a fair bit cheaper elsewhere.... but if a shock was to bust within the next year.... Subaru are well within their rights to refuse the repair.

My local dealer is Gatwick Subaru. The guys at the dealership are all very enthusiastic about 'mods' to Impreza's, and have carried out all sorts of suspension mods to owner’s cars (that I know) from in and around Sussex. Dave Hollamby is the Service Manager and will sort you out.

The cost of the springs, bump stops, geo reset and labour (with 10% SIDC discount) came to £419. (2.2 hours to change the springs and 1 hour for geo and road testing)

Some dealers maybe cheaper, but I trust Gatwick with my car.

J.
Old 22 August 2005, 10:31 PM
Squadron-Leader
Scooby Regular

Look forward to meeting you sometime. Regular meets in West and East Sussex. Checkout www.eastsussexscoobies.co.uk or www.sussexscoobies.co.uk for details.

I too commute up to 'town' each day. Not as far as you, but to the joys of Putney.

See you around.

J.
Old 22 August 2005, 10:40 PM
Mutts Nutts
Scooby Regular

I'll be at Traxx so maybe we'll cross bumpers then if your going.

I think we done this thread to death now

Cheers for all the advice to the scoob newb

Look forward to meeting you sometime. Regular meets in West and East Sussex. Checkout www.eastsussexscoobies.co.uk or www.sussexscoobies.co.uk for details.

I too commute up to 'town' each day. Not as far as you, but to the joys of Putney.

See you around.

J.