Styling Exterior styling

STi 01> Mesh Fog Lamp Covers

Search this Thread

Old 06 February 2004, 12:08 AM
NickAdams
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy STi 01> Mesh Fog Lamp Covers

Have purchased the genuine ones of these a while ago for my 01 WRX and have noticed recently that they look a bit weathered so I had them resprayed but now would like to spray the mesh to finish the job.Is there a template available anywhere that I can use to re-spray the white STi logos back on if I was to repaint the mesh black?

Thanks in advance

Nick
Old 06 February 2004, 02:14 PM
chris singleton
Scooby Regular

Nick,

sorry to hi-jack, got no idea about logo cover but wanted to pick your brain on something.

I've just ordered and fitted the STI fog covers (non mesh type) from Graham Goode. I was told that they'd fit over the fog lights as they used the same brackets as the mesh covers but there is no way of attaching the bracket and replacing the fog light. Have you got any pictures of the brackets for your covers? Again, apologies for hi-jacking the thread.

Good luck with finding the STI logo.

Chris
Old 06 February 2004, 11:12 PM
WRX_Rich
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

I was told by TSL that subaru use a special prossess to get the STI painted on, and you can not replicate this with a spray can and stencil ( I wanted to put the STI bit on one of thier cover )
Old 07 February 2004, 12:18 PM
Psymon
Scooby Regular

I used stickers...
Looks great and they haven't come off yet. Probably lose some light but hey
how often do you use em. When they do get weathered Im gonna get another
set and use them as a stencil. It will just be a bit time consuming with two lots of paint.
Old 20 April 2004, 01:11 PM
StretchGSK
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by NickAdams
Have purchased the genuine ones of these a while ago for my 01 WRX and have noticed recently that they look a bit weathered so I had them resprayed but now would like to spray the mesh to finish the job.Is there a template available anywhere that I can use to re-spray the white STi logos back on if I was to repaint the mesh black?

Thanks in advance

Nick
I have a set that I have not fitted yet that came with a templete/stensil. Let me know and I will scan it and send to you.
Old 20 April 2004, 01:12 PM
StretchGSK
Scooby Newbie

Chris, if you still need the bracket then I can take a pic of mine and mail to you
Old 20 April 2004, 03:40 PM
chris singleton
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by StretchGSK
Chris, if you still need the bracket then I can take a pic of mine and mail to you
Please do

I've spoken to someone else with the non mesh covers who did manage to get them to fit but had to cut/alter the bracket. There is no way that mine would fit over the fog light, I tried everything so I thought that perhpas the mesh covers came with different brackets

Cheers

Chris
Old 21 April 2004, 09:36 AM
NickAdams
Scooby Regular

Sorry Chris,
Didn't realise you'd asked me a question on this thread.In fact,I'd almost forgot I posted it until it returned to the top when I checked today
Off the top of my head,the foglamp covers I have secure via a bracket to the lower left (Drivers side) and lower right (Passenger side) bolt of the foglamp. If you don't get sorted with a pic lemme know and I'll take one of my covers off,remove the bracket and grab a pic for you!!
Stretch,I've sent you a pm with my email address in if you could be so kind as to scan the stencil and mail it to me...

Cheers

Nick
Old 23 April 2004, 04:33 PM
chris singleton
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NickAdams
Sorry Chris,
Didn't realise you'd asked me a question on this thread.In fact,I'd almost forgot I posted it until it returned to the top when I checked today
Off the top of my head,the foglamp covers I have secure via a bracket to the lower left (Drivers side) and lower right (Passenger side) bolt of the foglamp. If you don't get sorted with a pic lemme know and I'll take one of my covers off,remove the bracket and grab a pic for you!!
Stretch,I've sent you a pm with my email address in if you could be so kind as to scan the stencil and mail it to me...

Cheers

Nick

Much appreciated mate but don't want you to have to mess around that much. The covers are on now (minus the fog lights) and as they're solid, I don't suppose it really matters whether the fog lights work or not. Plus I've convinced myself that the massive weight reduction gives me a much better power/weight ratio If you take them off again though to do the stencil then please e-mail a picture as I'd still be interested to know whether the brackets are different or if I'm just being a ********

Cheers

Chris