Notices
Styling Exterior styling

Bodywork damage - repairer recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 15 November 2003, 05:56 PM
douglasb
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

On Thursday morning, I noticed that my car had a large scratch starting on the offside rear door and continuing on the side of the rear bumper behind the rear wheel. I reckon that it happened while I was parked in a car park in Winsford the previous afternoon.

What annoys me is not so much that the person who did it didn't bother leaving a note to say that they'd done it, but that they were such an incompetent driver that they either didn't realise that they were scraping their front bumper along the side of my car or they did realise but didn't stop. From start to finish, the mark is just over a metre long (with a gap for the wheel arch).

Wwen I returned to the car park, the car beside me (which must have been the one to do the deed) had just reversed far enough back to clear my car, so I didn't see the damage happening and didn't see the damage as I got into the car. If there was a website called something like PensionersInNissanAlmerasNet.co.uk I could post this same message and ask people there to check their nearside front bumper for a lot of silver paint

As it doesn't look like any dents have been made, can anyone recommend one of these "Fix it in the driveway" outfits that will cover the Congleton/Macclesfield area?

Doug
Old 24 November 2003, 10:29 PM
kid unknown
Scooby Regular

i live in winsford and there is a chips away guy living on staverly drive winsford, seen him doing that kind of stuff
Old 25 November 2003, 09:06 AM
douglasb
Scooby Regular

I assume you mean repairing scratches rather than doing the damage and driving away

Thanks for the info.

Doug